Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nosebleed
    • Mar 2010

Well, I think that you did the right thing by checking again on that VIN search. And hey, you got some good news when you think about it. Now, you just keep on waiting and look into the legal aspect of taking ownership of the bike when the time is right, if dude doesn't come and get it.

If he does, good for him, and he had better have a couple of cases of beer at the very least to leave at your shop, if not a couple hundred bucks to donate for the rented floor space.

Comment

• Skyhigh88
      • Oct 2010

maybe put a thing on craigslist...lost and found...i know here on the radio they do a missed connections thing, these 2 dudes clown like 3 a day...could maybe do something like that...if makes a fool of himself then yah...come up on your part

Comment

• BigBlue
        • Feb 2012

Absotively facinatin'
        Attached Files

Comment

• Skyhigh88
          • Oct 2010

Originally posted by BigBlue
          Absotively facinatin'
          how did you get that bad ass smily guy...thats dope man...your an IT guy?

Comment

• Frankenfab
            • Mar 2010

My mental plan is this... forget it's in the garage for six months.

After that point:
            1) dude doesn't want his shit back
            2).... I'll figure it out then.

Comment

• Skyhigh88
              • Oct 2010

option 1 sounds so much better though for the guy storing it for that long...never rented a storage garage but guessing th..at shit isnt cheap....that late in the game id sell it back to him...got to be some laws where after a certain amount of time its considered abandoned and its now yours

Comment

• bobbystat
                • Feb 2012

As I said before, any vehicle left at an auto business for a certain amount of time (varies by state) is considered abandoned. You can then contact the DMV and conduct a Lien sale. They contact previous owners to notify them of the sale and give them the option to take back possession of the abandoned vehicle. You can charge a daily storage fee (depends on state) and the PO has to pay you or the DMV issues you the new title, presumably so you can sell and recoup the cost of storage.

PS, if you are a licensed auto business you can also do this with no-title bikes... claim "some guy" left it at the shop months ago and you want to get rid of it (to yourself )

Comment

• Hooligan80
                  • Jul 2010

Why doesn't the cop just go by the guy's residence and check on him? Bet the cop has an address. Couldn't be too hard. You never know, there may have been an unseen injury that popped up after the adrenaline rush from the crash wore off. If his collar bone was fucked up, who's to say his neck or head wasn't injured in the process.

Case in point, a few years ago I was hit by a car that was doing 35 while I was walking through a big parking lot. I got up and chased the motherfucker, but he got away the minute he pulled in to traffic. So I went and laid back down not knowing if I was injured because someone told me the paramedics were on the way. Paramedics checked me out and I felt fine except for some road rash on my forearms and back, so I denied medical transport to the hospital and decided to have them treat the road rash on site and release me. Went home and crashed out in my recliner for the night. Guess what? Next morning I couldn't get up. Had to have help and went to the hospital. Turned out I had a fractured jaw, two torn rotator cuffs and two slipped discs in my back. Could always be a smart idea to swing by the guys place to see if he's alright and what the deal is.

Comment

• Spade115
                    • May 2010

Hooligans right I think bean had a thread that he said there was a flipped car the guy was moveing, put him in his car and he was dieing the next secound if you have his name check the papers or see if you can get the insurance information (stash tube, under seat, trunk?)

Hope all turns out well man

Comment

• Frankenfab
                      • Mar 2010

The cop has the bike registered to another guy in his system and said the dude told him this on scene... So if I let it go to impound he won't get it back being that it's not in his name yet, Oregon law.

This explains the tabs being two years old and I can totally see the reality of the situation now. Dude 1 told dude 2 it was too much bike for a beginner. Dude 2 said it would be fine. Dude 2 underestimated it and got on it too hard in second resulting in a high side... totally makes sense. Now dude 2 realizes that the bike is in fact too much for him and is scared of it...

Either way... buddy of mine is coming to get his PA equipment out of my shop tomorrow. Just going to move the bike into that spot and forget about the damn thing for a while/hope the owner pops bye.

Comment

• Nosebleed
                        • Mar 2010

Ah hah, the plot thickens. Knew there had to be some kind of story here. Interwesting.

Comment

• ibuiltmine
                          • Jun 2010

Originally posted by Frankenfab
                          My mental plan is this... forget it's in the garage for six months.

After that point:
                          1) dude doesn't want his shit back
                          2).... I'll figure it out then.
                          I think thats a great plan. 6 months, or whenever you get sick and tired of it.....

Just..... dont do a google search for R1 forks and wheels on a sporty.... or that number will go to 3 months..... 2 months.... 30 days....2 weeks...... to..." fuck that idiot, Im gonna tell him I left it outside cuz I thought he would pick it up and it was gone so I thought you picked it up... sorry dude. Im gonna go out and ride my bad ass muthafukin sporty"

Comment

• ThePete
                            • Nov 2011

I'd look up abandonment laws for your state & county and keep in touch with the cop that way if this guy or his buddy never show up you can get the cop to sign off on the paperwork. Then you can actually do something with the bike legally and not have to worry about reprocussions.

If it were me it would be a tough choice once it was mine.... keep as is (with repairs), sell it, cannibalize it or toss the motor into a frame and use it to terrorize the racer boy types. I'd wait a bit before going that route though just to be karmiclly safe.

Comment

• UncleMonkey
                              • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Nosebleed
                              Ah hah, the plot thickens. Knew there had to be some kind of story here. Interwesting.
                              Different owner explains lots. With expired tags would mean insurance problems. Maybe he was just test driving it before buying. Cops will be your best friend in this case. Explain the situation off the record and ask for advice. You did nothing wrong so you have nothing to worry about but you don't want the VIN showing up as stolen after the fact. If the cops have the true owners information and he hasn't come by yet there is lot more to the story then some guy high siding in front of your building.

Comment

• Frankenfab
                                • Mar 2010

Per what the cop said he had already bought it just not transfered the title into his name.

Like I said though... just letting it go at this point. I cannot with good conscience do anything to another mans bike. Just can't. That would be so fucked on so many levels that it's just not OK. In my mind... if it's still here in the summer... I'll talk to the DMV/cops more then.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...
                                ;