Email Password Mobile Version / Desktop Version
Search
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: odd situation

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Default odd situation

So.. I'm working in the shop on Friday. Hear the customary bike rapppppppp out and smash sound out front.
    Run outside and a dude had hit some sand or something and highsided in traffic in front.
    Helped him out of the road... got his bike to the side and chilled out with him while the cops/ambulance came. Looked like he had a dislocated shoulder or a broken shoulder... but no concussion etc. He had good gear on.
    So the cop tells me they are going to transport him for his shoulder. So.. I offer to the guy to just put his bike in my garage so he doesn't have to deal with tow/impound. He was stoked on that.. wrote my information down (with a cop notepad and pen no less) and gave it to him along with the key.... Moved the bike in the garage.

So, at this point its been about four days and i've heard nothing from the dude? Doesn't that seem a bit strange????

Get Adobe Flash player

when i went down i was out of it for a few days. i say just chill and wait another week

then part it out.

Get Adobe Flash player

Seems odd. Might have been more hurt then you thought. I'm assuming the cops know the bike is in your shop so if it was stolen it should come around. Otherwise he might figure biker helping biker. Keep an ear out. Maybe he lost your number, maybe you just got another bike.

Get Adobe Flash player

Dude, that's cool that ya helped him out! Maybe he needed surgery or some shit, lost your info, had a warrant out...etc. I'd say give a day or two yet, then try to contact him through the hospital or through the cops, I'm sure they got his info.

Get Adobe Flash player

Are we gonna see a build thread soon?

Get Adobe Flash player

Hey man, that's my bike... I ended up on a 4 day acid binge and I'm in Arizona now. PM me for shipping info. You can cover the shipping cost too right?

Seriously though, that's cool that you helped him out. You'll hear from him soon I'm sure.

Get Adobe Flash player

thats awesome that you helped out man karma is going to pay you 10 folds but I have to agree maybe it was something more then just his shoulder.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by felon View Post
    when i went down i was out of it for a few days. i say just chill and wait another week

then part it out.
    Hahahaha!

Get Adobe Flash player

There's always just calling the PD and asking, hey, YOU GUYS said you were going to contact me with the Rider info and you haven't done it yet... I gave officer so and so, my info on his pad with his pen, and still I've heard nada. When are YOU going to do your job????

Four days is nothing when you cant hold your dick to pee.

Get Adobe Flash player

Probably telling ya somethin ya already know but whatever.

If he leaves the bike for an extended time, I believe you can do a lien sale to yourself. You have proof the guy left it at your place and at least here in CA you can charge up to $40/day for a storage fee. If the dude doesn't come back for it, he essentially abandons it and you can sell it (to yourself) to pay the storage fees racked up.

Now dont fuck with your karma and do this to a guy who's just been down and needs to patch bacl up, but if you dont hear from this guy for a month or two, go for it!

Get Adobe Flash player

Yup.. a buddy brought up the lien thing... Totally not my style though. just wanted to help the guy out in a rough time. I figure I'll let it sit in the corner a few months and if nothing comes about by then, call the fuzz and see what they say. I doubt it's hot being that their were cops on the scene/one helped me push..

Just seems weird. Hope duder is alright.. Given the crash style with head/sholder contact and that his shoulder was fucked up, I'm thinking that maybe he had a neck injury that had not shown itself yet... and is just high as fuck on his couch watching cartoons.

Nah... would never part another dudes bike. Sides, it's a modern sports bike with aftermarket exhaust. Not really my thing.

Get Adobe Flash player

yah karma could kick ya in the ass...if its a month though then yeah...finders keepers kinda thing

ARBY

You offered to hold his bike until he could pick it up. A week, a month, a year. Sooner or later he'll come for it. If your word to another man is good then I don't see an issue here.

Get Adobe Flash player

Word.

Get Adobe Flash player

Im with Arby.Its been 4 days.

Get Adobe Flash player

what kind of bike is it? damaged bad? id hold onto it..... Look it over, see if theres a stash tube with the dude's registration in it. look him up on facebook, or call him and see how he is....

I bet hes just messed up and trying to recover and trusts you with it for a while. Probably in shock and doesnt even remember you keeping it.
    Hes probably been down at impound throwing a god damn fit because they lost his bike! LOL!

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by ARBY View Post
    You offered to hold his bike until he could pick it up. A week, a month, a year. Sooner or later he'll come for it. If your word to another man is good then I don't see an issue here.
    My thoughts too. I pushed it over to the side of the garage when I got back today and put a plastic sheet over it.

My reason for posting was not so much the free bike scene but that it seems odd that a biker would not call.. Like... even if I was laid out I would call someone and give them a heads up... Hence "odd situation."

Thanks for everyones thoughts on it.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by ibuiltmine View Post
    what kind of bike is it? damaged bad? id hold onto it..... Look it over, see if theres a stash tube with the dude's registration in it. look him up on facebook, or call him and see how he is....

I bet hes just messed up and trying to recover and trusts you with it for a while. Probably in shock and doesnt even remember you keeping it.
    Hes probably been down at impound throwing a god damn fit because they lost his bike! LOL!
    It's an R1. Totally fine/ridable sans some rash on the right lower side. I think that the reg would be in the trunk... I'll look later.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by Frankenfab View Post
    It's an R1. Totally fine/ridable sans some rash on the right lower side. I think that the reg would be in the trunk... I'll look later.
    there you go. hopefully not locked. I bet it would be easy to get ahold of the owner of the bike. Shit maybe it wasnt the dudes bike....

Get Adobe Flash player

4 days, yeah he's still high as fuck on pain meds. I got banged up really bad a few years ago, after I got home and ate a couple vicodin I literally slept the whole weekend. I know I got up and pissed and maybe even ate something; but when I actually woke up I had no idea it was Monday until my Ol Lady said she's called me into work. I literally though it was Saturday and she had to remind me my car was totaled.
    I agree give the guy some time.

Share This