Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jeremystephens
    • Sep 2011

just need encouragement hahaha

Ok guys.... I have an 06 1200 and I've been working hard to get the carb farts to go away....I tore it down, Ultrasonic cleaned it, installed a recalabration kit, and a complete rebuild kit.....It now is way more responsive, but wont idle as low.... Not a biggie but the farts have now got very minimal more like faint queefs....
    I feel I will eventually get it all cleared up, just wanna know that there is some people that have got it dialed it perfect so I know not to loose hope but stay in there....
  • MagnusB
    • Nov 2011

Worst thread title ever.

Comment

• ARBY
      • Apr 2024

Sounds to me like you may be running a bit lean. How do the plugs look?

Comment

• punkrod
        • Jul 2011

It could be one of a few items.
        Pull your petcock out of the tank. Make sure the screen is clean and there isn't a bunch of crud in the tank. Also, blast air through it in the on and reserve positions to clear it out. While it's off check your fuel line for any cracks or blockage, replace it if you see anything suspect.
        Remove the carb top and check the CV diaphragm for pin holes. Hold the diaphragm up to a light and stretch the rubber a bit looking for holes, work your way around and carefully check the rubber.
        The next thing you can try while the diaphragm is out is shimming the needle if you haven't already done so. A #4 washer works good as well as the shims that may have come with your recalibration kit.
        The other thing to check would be all of the intake seals. If you have easy access to the manifold while it's running, dribble some carb cleaner, WD or brake cleaner onto the seal area at the head and the back of the carb and listen for the motor to stumble, (I use a syrynge or and eye dropper to drip the fluid right on the seal. Most guys just spray the stuff into those areas but it can get sucked into the air cleaner and cause a false reading.
        Good luck!

Comment

• AndyWest11
          • Dec 2011

Pop out your emissions plug on the bottom back side of the carb and adjust that screw to 2 1/2 turns out.

Comment

• jeremystephens
            • Sep 2011

Yeah I know its an odd title just thought it might help it from getting lost..
            When I rebuilt it I installed a new diaphram so I would think that shouldnt be the problem, I did not check the petcock filter but I will...I set the mix screw to about 2 1/4, but the only thing I'm guessing at this point is that when I put the recalebration kit it did come with a new needle that looked a little different than stock, but I tried to set it at stock height, but I guess it may need shimming since I did drill the vent hole on the slide....
            Thanks guys for all the comments, it helps tremendously.....

Comment

• bobhopper
              • Jan 2010

Also dual fire ignitions are notorious for carb farts, correct me if I'm wrong.

Comment

• jeremystephens
                • Sep 2011

Looks like its maybe a hair lean

ARBY

Comment

• ARBY
                  • Apr 2024

Ooooohhh yeeaaahhhh. There's yer problem. Too lean. Poppin' out the pipes - too rich. Poppin' out the carb - too lean.

Comment

• jeremystephens
                    • Sep 2011

thats the odd thing though... it pop and sputters through the carb not the exhaust

Comment

• xllance
                      • Apr 2024

Originally posted by jeremystephens
                      thats the odd thing though... it pop and sputters through the carb not the exhaust
                      Yeah, that's what Arby is saying. It's too lean. Poppin out the carb and most obvious way to tell is the plugs. You want a light even tan color.

Comment

• KackAttack
                        • Apr 2011

im confused on the 06 1200 thing. i thought they were efi?

and for encouragement....

Comment

• bigdaddy
                          • Nov 2009

yep...too lean. chalky plugs are bad. black oily plugs are bad. you're gonna have to richen it up a bit.

Comment

• RIPshitRIOT
                            • Sep 2009

Originally posted by KackAttack
                            im confused on the 06 1200 thing. i thought they were efi?
                            That's '07 and up for Sporties.

I've always heard that you want the plugs to be the same color as a paper grocery bag.

Comment

• jeremystephens
                              • Sep 2011

well I ended up taking the needle from the recal kit out and putting the stock back in.... Much better no pops at all, still gonna watch the plugs for a bit because every now and then it feels like it loads up a bit

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                              Working...
                              ;