Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Aarong
    • Sep 2010

02 T SPORT build - performance and handling

finishing up my t sport. picked it up stock, with bags 5 weeks ago..

the purpose of this bike build is aimed towards performance, handling, and function.

the paint is black with red flake apparent in the sun, i machined and modified the risers from 8 inch to 13.5 with a bar similar to a moto bar both from todds cycle in HB. ISR controls with signal switches , high/low toggle, and start button internally ran. harley led headlight, custom mx hand guards to help with blocking cold wind on hands ( they do work ) and in case of debris or mirrors ( they do work). see baileys windshield, brembo calipers with the larger floating rotors. RB racing LSR 2-1 exhaust. works 13.5 inch fully adjustable with reservoir shocks, running them in that orientation to clear bags. metmachex engineering aluminum swing arm. Other little parts include death squad pegs, 2 inch tank lift, mirrors also from todds cycle, upgraded plug wires, and the brembos do not have a bleeder so i have a goodrich bleeder/ banjo bolt. front end super-brace.

i have a mikuni, rb racing pro pipe, and 96 inch kit going on in the next week or two. all to go on at once. also a steering damper and throttle housing

i have ridden the 1500 miles in the last 2 weeks, it is the most comfortable set up i have ridden. the shocks and swing arm made a big difference in high speed stability, the 96 will be nice.
    i have been highway speeds up to 100+ with no problem, prior to the shocks and swing arm it would be a bit sketchy at 85/90.

i will put some pictures of the machining and little things in a couple days. heres the bike as it sits..

• RmFaster
    • Jul 2011

Pure fun.

I'm really diggin' the hand guards, the bars, the indicator light set up, and the overall stace of the bike.
    Are those the D/S pegs with the grip tape?
    Looking forward to more.
    Last edited by RmFaster; 02-26-2012, 10:16 PM.

Comment

• GummoYuckmouth
      • Jan 2011

All Day Beast Mode

This thing is incredible. Ive always loved T sports but this this is beyond anything else Ive seen. I saw it on the FB machine earlier on Born Scurvys page. Nuts man.

Comment

• shiftace
        • Aug 2009

damn.! now prepare for 30-40 of the dumbest comments ever. But who gives a fuck. Every part is well thought out and useful..kinda the whole idea behind bikes like this. I wanna know everything about the controls. and the swingarm. I've seen em before but can't find much on how to get one..$950 or so right?? I had a line on a billet JMC a while back but the dude flaked out.

Comment

• LDNCLR
          • Nov 2009

give us an honest opinion of the rear shocks. I have a set of works 13.5 non-reservoir shocks and they are SUPER stiff. Makes me want to put the stock crap back on....

Comment

• shiftace
            • Aug 2009

I've got those Works non reservoirs too..They rode like solid struts until I turned the collars the rest of the way up. That softened them up tremendously..but I still really want those rezzie ones

Comment

• h8ter
              • Aug 2009

I too have works shocks. 13.75, I love them, not too stiff.

Bike is a complete ruler.

Comment

• Aarong
                • Sep 2010

thanks, i cant wait for the comments either. dont really mind them. i enjoy riding fast and comfortably so not worried about some bs opinion from someone.. thats just my opinion

Originally posted by RmFaster
                I'm really diggin' the hand guards, the bars, the indicator light set up, and the overall stace of the bike.
                Are those the D/S pegs with the grip tape?
                Looking forward to more.
                - thanks, they are the d/s pegs no grip tape. i will be putting grip tape on the tops halves of the pegs, i got them from a friend and ended up liking them.

Originally posted by shiftace
                damn.! now prepare for 30-40 of the dumbest comments ever. But who gives a fuck. Every part is well thought out and useful..kinda the whole idea behind bikes like this. I wanna know everything about the controls. and the swingarm. I've seen em before but can't find much on how to get one..$950 or so right?? I had a line on a billet JMC a while back but the dude flaked out.
                the controls are from ISR SWEDEN (www.isrbrakes.se), u can buy them locally in the states from LA CHOP RODS (www.choprods.com) I did the wiring of the blinkers, high/low and start buttons which wasnt too hard, i did it two times unfortunately but the second time around i decided to do quick disconnects in order to be able to pull the bars and switches easily.
                - i have the adjustable levers with the switches. they have options of button and button, or button and switch, i went with the button initially, but didn't want to run a relay to toggle the led light. in my opinion they are the best levers on the market, i run them on my custom also. thinking of changing out all the calipers eventually to the ISR set ups..

Originally posted by LDNCLR
                give us an honest opinion of the rear shocks. I have a set of works 13.5 non-reservoir shocks and they are SUPER stiff. Makes me want to put the stock crap back on....
                - since i put the shocks on i have been more than happy with the ride. compared to the FXDX shocks, and the progressive 970 with reservoir, the ride is a lot smoother, they were built with my weight and i havent adjusted anything on them yet cause i havent had any issue with them as is..
                - about them being in the wrong orientation it is for the bag clearance, and does not affect the ride.

Comment

• ditto
                  • Aug 2009

very nice

Comment

• SquashThatFly
                    • Jul 2011

I love it.

Comment

• billdozer
                      • Apr 2024

I like the Bark Busters, or should they be called Mirror Busters?

This thing looks like nothing but trouble to me, way too fast, way to reliable, way too fun.

Comment

• RIPshitRIOT
                        • Sep 2009

Those bark busters look awesome on there. Nice bike.

Comment

• LDNCLR
                          • Nov 2009

Originally posted by shiftace
                          I've got those Works non reservoirs too..They rode like solid struts until I turned the collars the rest of the way up. That softened them up tremendously..but I still really want those rezzie ones
                          yeah, I turned the collars all the way up the day I put them on.

Comment

• Aarong
                            • Sep 2010

Originally posted by billdozer
                            I like the Bark Busters, or should they be called Mirror Busters?

This thing looks like nothing but trouble to me, way too fast, way to reliable, way too fun.
                            thats exactly what i was looking for in building this one..

a couple mirrors have bumped into them already, couldn't have been happier with the result. the mirrors probably have a different story..

rocks, and even partial part of a tire debris on the freeway no problemooo

- thanks to everyone else who appreciates the bike for what it is

Comment

• jeremystephens
                              • Sep 2011

I think it looks killer, but I'm mixed on the bars..... I like T bars just fine I just think they look a little off being above the windsheild......

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                              Working...
                              ;