Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bandersnatch
    • Dec 2011

Originally posted by CRFyou
    I wear my chaps upside down. So the world knows I don't give a FUCK about Chapstick.

Just my chapped dick on your lips.

Motorcycle!
    Motorcycle , indeed sir.

Motorcycle.

Comment

• Crazy
      • Apr 2024

Your doing it wrong.

Chaps inside the pants with your shit-stained undies on the outside. Upsidedown AND backwards.

Comment

• badmojo
        • May 2010

After ripping the piss outta my friend for wearing em,i could never start.
        long johns under my jeans works fine,rain pants if its pissing it down!

Comment

• modernmuscle
          • Sep 2011

Yes chaps without pants= bad ass.

Comment

• bill
            • Jan 2010

thats funny

Originally posted by rooster52478
            I don't know that I ever will. I wear Carhartt bib overalls in the cold. They keep my nuts warm too unlike chaps. The way I look at it is that I can wear either or on my motorcycle and look acceptable. But I'd look like a homo shoveling my driveway in chaps.
            that's fuk-in funny

Comment

• RadfordWooly
              • Oct 2011

I would rock some chaps if I could find some that would fit my ass. Don't want to take a loan out to by them though.

Comment

• purerockfury
                • Mar 2011

Originally posted by chazmacnastyou812
                if one worries about a fashion statment or what others think of what you ware to stay warm its too friggin late get a rope
                funny, cause most people that wear them obviously do because they think they look "cool" if your actually going for function and keeping warm there are many better options. for one there's no crotch or ass, their not insulated and their usually loose around the ankle...doesn't sound very practical to me....

Comment

• Bandersnatch
                  • Dec 2011

Yeah. No Lie. They don't really look cool. In fact they're more village people than cowboy looking. But they make a HUGE difference in the cold weather. I wouldn't wear them for "protection" as far as safety gear goes.

Just like like a leather jacket: They look cheesy to most dudes and a lot of guys will rock jean or duck vests or whathaveyou for the sake of not lookin cliche in a leather get-up.

But bottom line is it's about keepin the wind out. I also agree that it doesn't make sense for there to not have yer junk covered cuz it seems to be a vortex of cold air in the "crotchial region" when I ride in the cold. And yes there are better alternatives to chaps, but I promise y'all would laugh pry just as hard If I was wearin leather pants. I have worn chaps as well as Carhart Overalls. Honestly the chaps with long johns worked way better than the Carharts. It's all about blocking the wind. All the insulation in the world doesn't mean anything if the wind can tear right through it.

That jean thing seems more of an influence from warmer regions. If you are rockin some full blown leathers in Arizona you would probably look pretty silly compared to like here or say Canada and other areas where it gets freakin cold....often. When I take my bike in to work there is really only like 3ish months where it isn't balls cold to ride in at 5am.

And I'm not knockin jean jackets or anything. But if you've never worn leather to keep the cold out...there is a reason so many people wear it. Give it a try sometime.

Comment

• brach77
                    • Oct 2011

I have a pair and I don't wear them any more, to much work to get them on. they work ok to block the cold, but are better at blocking rain. now a days If its cold I just wear thermals under my jeans or take a car

Comment

• purerockfury
                      • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Bandersnatch
                      Yeah. No Lie. They don't really look cool. In fact they're more village people than cowboy looking. But they make a HUGE difference in the cold weather. I wouldn't wear them for "protection" as far as safety gear goes.

Just like like a leather jacket: They look cheesy to most dudes and a lot of guys will rock jean or duck vests or whathaveyou for the sake of not lookin cliche in a leather get-up.

But bottom line is it's about keepin the wind out. I also agree that it doesn't make sense for there to not have yer junk covered cuz it seems to be a vortex of cold air in the "crotchial region" when I ride in the cold. And yes there are better alternatives to chaps, but I promise y'all would laugh pry just as hard If I was wearin leather pants. I have worn chaps as well as Carhart Overalls. Honestly the chaps with long johns worked way better than the Carharts. It's all about blocking the wind. All the insulation in the world doesn't mean anything if the wind can tear right through it.

That jean thing seems more of an influence from warmer regions. If you are rockin some full blown leathers in Arizona you would probably look pretty silly compared to like here or say Canada and other areas where it gets freakin cold....often. When I take my bike in to work there is really only like 3ish months where it isn't balls cold to ride in at 5am.

And I'm not knockin jean jackets or anything. But if you've never worn leather to keep the cold out...there is a reason so many people wear it. Give it a try sometime.
                      honestly i could care less what others wear. hell, you could ride in a speedo for all i care, just don't expect me to ride beside you..lol it was just my opinion

i know all about keeping the wind out.... i grew up and live in the northeast on the coast. especially working outside in the winter. plus i use to drive even further up north to go snowmobiling every weekend....

i never saw anyone on a snowmobile wearing chaps nor have i ever seen Eskimo's wearing them and up there it's -50 with 70 mph winds or more...

i'm just calling BS on the whole i wear them cause they work crap, with layers yea they might keep the wind off of your legs but to actually keep warm no. you gotta layer with them so why not just wear something that really works if your not concerned about looks.

like i said to each his own. my buddy actually wears them and yes i give him shit about them but do i really care? NO! hey, if you had leather pants and wore them to keep you warm or just cause you thought they look cool, who cares...i don't get dressed in the morning thinking, hey i wonder if people will like what i'm wearing...

Comment

• miggidy85
                        • Nov 2011

Fucking sunday mornings. Just read three pages of peoples opinions on chap's and then bitch about no time to work on my bike.

Comment

• CRFyou
                          • Mar 2010

I wish more people would wear leather pants.

Leather pants are fucking metal!

Comment

• jamesgs4
                            • Oct 2009

Originally posted by purerockfury
                            funny, cause most people that wear them obviously do because they think they look "cool" if your actually going for function and keeping warm there are many better options. for one there's no crotch or ass, their not insulated and their usually loose around the ankle...doesn't sound very practical to me....
                            They block the wind in the winter, and it really keeps your legs warm. Not a whole lot of wind gets through the crotch area, also there are snaps at the ankle to keep them snug. They keep me riding year round here in denver, so I don't mind them at all. My snowboard pants are too bulky to be practical, and leather chaps are warm enough even for colorado winters. That said, I never wear them off the bike, because there is no point to walk around in them, it would be like leaving your helmet on all day.

Comment

• rus
                              • Aug 2009

Originally posted by CRFyou
                              I wish more people would wear leather pants.

Leather pants are fucking metal!
                              leather pants say one of two things: rock star or german. as soon as i open my mouth, bitchs'll know its the former.

no lie, I've been looking for some leather pants for years.
                              id rock the shit out of them if i could find a good pair.
                              now granted 'looking for some' has solely entailed m telling people i wanted a pair, but never the less....
                              if you know a dude, i got a credit card and i'm just loco enough to use it.

Comment

• CRFyou
                                • Mar 2010

Originally posted by rus
                                leather pants say one of two things: rock star or german. as soon as i open my mouth, bitchs'll know its the former.

no lie, I've been looking for some leather pants for years.
                                id rock the shit out of them if i could find a good pair.
                                now granted 'looking for some' has solely entailed m telling people i wanted a pair, but never the less....
                                if you know a dude, i got a credit card and i'm just loco enough to use it.
                                Fuckin' leather pants are badass.

Imagine free ballin' the El Diablo Run. Then getting dome. Chicks would be coming back for days...

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...
                                ;