Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LowbrowCustoms
    • May 2010

What Sportster parts do YOU want?

I am currently doing a Sportster build of my own, and go figure there are already a dozen new Sporty parts being added to the site. It seems whenever you build a bike you really find out quick what there is out there, and what you need!

The question is, what kind of parts would YOU guys like to see us carry for Sportsters? I'd love some feedback!

Cheers, Kyle
  • easyspeed
    • Dec 2010

Live to ride, ride to live. Everything you can get your hands on brother.......

Comment

• CoyoteUSP
      • Mar 2011

Have you guys thought about doing rear-sets? Bet they'd sell like hotcakes. Lots of guys looking to go sporty with their sporties... see what I did there?

Maybe some pre-fabbed exhaust options other than the DIY kit?

Sleek, minimal hand controls would be KILLER too. I know a lot of guys (myself included) have been looking into mini switches, relocation, cleaning up the bars, etc. for a million different reasons. You guys could make a killing if you hooked that up. You know, some clutch and brake levers/perches and switches to go along with the Whiskey Throttle?
      Last edited by CoyoteUSP; 02-24-2012, 8:45 AM.

Comment

• Dirt78
        • Jan 2012

Matching Clutchlever assembly and front mastercylinder/brake lever that replaces the HUGE stock stuff!

Comment

• krs1
          • Aug 2010

Originally posted by Dirt78
          Matching Clutchlever assembly and front mastercylinder/brake lever that replaces the HUGE stock stuff!
          This!!!

Comment

• LowbrowCustoms
            • May 2010

Hand controls, mini switches, and sporty exhaust are all in the works! We hadn't thought about rearsets, but that is something we can look into as well.

Comment

• ryamatt
              • Dec 2011

A good looking fork brace that works with a 19" front wheel. Licks has anice raw metal one but for 21" only, and the price is good. RSD's for $125 is crazy talk (and is pretty awful looking, if you ask me).

Also, what is with the lack of stuff for 04-06 Sporties, especially seats? I bought my first Sportster, an 05 last year; I should have done more research - those first years for the rubber mounts suck for finding seat options. Get on Old Gold Garage's ass about their rubber mount cobra seat - I'm dying to get a hold of it but they haven't made it available since their teaser prototype in November.

Comment

• CoyoteUSP
                • Mar 2011

Originally posted by LowbrowCustoms
                Hand controls, mini switches, and sporty exhaust are all in the works! We hadn't thought about rearsets, but that is something we can look into as well.
                I will hold off on my control/switch shopping then. You guys rule.

Comment

• creaturefiend1972
                  • Oct 2010

Originally posted by dirt78
                  matching clutchlever assembly and front mastercylinder/brake lever that replaces the huge stock stuff!
                  ditto

Comment

• JohnnyWolf
                    • Aug 2009

Originally posted by ryamatt
                    A good looking fork brace that works with a 19" front wheel. Licks has anice raw metal one but for 21" only, and the price is good. RSD's for $125 is crazy talk (and is pretty awful looking, if you ask me).

Also, what is with the lack of stuff for 04-06 Sporties, especially seats? I bought my first Sportster, an 05 last year; I should have done more research - those first years for the rubber mounts suck for finding seat options. Get on Old Gold Garage's ass about their rubber mount cobra seat - I'm dying to get a hold of it but they haven't made it available since their teaser prototype in November.
                    Licks fork brace did NOT work with my 21". It rubbed on the top section of the ribbed tire sidewalls. I don't see how it couldn't work for a 19"?

Comment

• Saltytonk
                      • Mar 2011

Get some more of the brass cv carb tops in. I need me one.

and maybe more options on derby cover and air cleaners.

Comment

• tattoo2303
                        • Aug 2009

Id say come up with some headlight and/or mount options for guys that wanna lose the visor

Comment

• KIRK
                          • Dec 2010

Cafe stuff. Not HD's version of cafe, but real cafe.

Comment

• choppa
                            • Aug 2009

2 into 1 for Ironheads.

Comment

• punkrod
                              • Jul 2011

I want a set of 18" front and rear "mag" wheels that look just like the stock 9 spoke mags or a 5 spoke cast Skyway style or maybe the ol Kimtab snowflakes for under $900 a pair. 2.5" wide front, 3.0" wide rear. Also fit Dyna's and FXR's. Tires are available from a variety of manufacturers in 110/90-18 and 140/70-18 and similar sizes. Cafe, Street Tracker and Brat Sporty's, Dynas and FXR's are the new "thing" and it would be nice to have a set of bitchin wheels that aren't $4K and gawdy billet.
                              Also, I haven't found many sprockets, pulleys or brake rotors that match the factory 7, 9 and 13 spoke mags. Maybe provide pulleys in 68 and 70 tooth, 1.5, 1.125 and 1" widths and sprockets should fit a 530 chain, in 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52 and 53 teeth.
                              Hey, how about a simple, straightforward sporty chain conversion "kit" for Sportsters, (Also big twins of the same era? Just want a set of steel sprockets and a good chain for around $150.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                              Working...
                              ;