Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • roush360r
    • Sep 2011

looks good, are those rocker boxes powder coated or just painted?

Comment

• EnglandStGarage
      • Aug 2009

i thought about doing the crossover when i first got the bike and i even had the crossover tube for the original drum brake and im sure i could have come up with something but i didn't for 2 reasons.

when i got the bike the rear drum brake didn't work at all and i had just rebuilt the entire setup and was out for the first ride. i was in a parking lot and rode in that little flat space in the middle of a speed bump and crunched all my linkage, cracked my backing plate, locked my rear tire up and bent the shit out of that crossover tube. bent it so badly i couldn't get the rod to turn in it!! i wanted a disc brake anyway and it was fairly easy to mount the mc when i had forward controls. just bought the cheapest ebay rim i could find and the fab kevin rear brake setup.

reason number two is i just like it the way it is. its fun and different and everyone who's never seen it thinks its soo crazy for some reason. its really not but im used to going back and forth now and dont really think anything of it.

...and i'm pretty sure the rocker boxes are pcoat. its that crinkle coat stuff.

Comment

• elmiguel13
        • Mar 2010

Imo, the rear fender looks like an after thought. It looks strange because it stops at the top frame rail. I think if it continued down to the lower frame rail or at least past the top one it wouldn't look like a small piece of fender put on there just to hold up your seat. Too Brat Style/Crazy Orange for your bike.

Everything else is on point. Tall risers/drag bars, pipes, stance, seat, springer, etc. HB Cadillac.

*and I'd prime that shit asap until you paint it being so close to the ocean.
        Last edited by elmiguel13; 03-06-2012, 8:03 PM.

Comment

• atomrotten
          • Sep 2009

Shes come out pretty dope man! Im glad the trans worked for you and what a difference that chrome made on the springer!
          Nice Work

Comment

• EnglandStGarage
            • Aug 2009

thanks for the complements and the honesty guys. ya im not 100% sold on the fender either but i've kinda grown to like it. it was only 30 bucks at the swap meet and i wanted to see what it looked like with that seat. its just a fender and i have plenty of time to change it before paint so im just moving on to more important things before i try some other options.

Comment

• EnglandStGarage
              • Aug 2009

got busy on my mid left side brake mids today. they came out a little bit wide so i had to shorten the peg for now till i can get a shorty made. not the prettiest but it seems to work great. the peg feels like it might break if i put too much weight on it. im gonna reinforce it. also i was a little worried about ground clearance during a hard corner but i think it should be ok.

Comment

• EnglandStGarage
                • Aug 2009

finished my mid controls, got my pipes back from ceramichrome and got my air cleaner polished! I'm almost finished wiring. i have to relocate the petcock on the gas tank and weld in a new gascap. I'm gettin close!

Comment

• EnglandStGarage
                  • Aug 2009

Comment

• atomrotten
                    • Sep 2009

What a huge difference from the 1st time I say that thing! I see your still rocking your grandpas truck. Grandpas are the greatest!

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                    Working...
                    ;