Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CalebMcCoy
    • Feb 2012

'98 Sporty Bobber Project

So this is what my bike started out as, this is actually the Craigslist posting:

About a week after I had the bike, my dog chewed a massive hole in my seat. My dad and I were scheduled to go on a several day bike ride in the next couple of days so I purchased a cheap ole seat to get my by until I found what I wanted. This is my bike right before we left. Just in case you were wondering, my dad has an Ultra-Classic so i got to store all my goodies on his bike :

So after we got home, the first and easiest thing I did was I wrapped my pipes:

The next thing I did was replaced the seat. I ordered a tan leather seat. My dad and I had to fabricate a small brace so that we could bolt the seat down to the bike (although we actually ended up bolting one end down and tac welding the other end). Here is that ordeal:

Whenever I figure out exactly what I'm doing for the back fender, I'm going to remove the seat and position it a little farther back. I'm a long fellow and could use the room.

Nevertheless, the next thing I did was i replaced the breather with a custom one. It looks pretty sweet but I do not have any detailed pictures of it. If you want, Ill be glad to take it apart and take some pictures. But here is the final product after I put the breather on.

The most recent thing I did was I replaced the stock grips with some old school type grips. Simple Simple. But here is that.

I'm excited to keep on modifying my bike. Right now I'm looking into bobbing my back fender. Or taking off my forks and painting the lower tubes black. I'm not sure which I will do first. Oh the choices.

Ill try and get some better pics of my bike up so you can see it - although it's nothing really that special.

Thanks for listening. I hope I entertained you for at least a little while. Ill keep you posted on whatever else I do to my sporty.

-Danger
    Last edited by CalebMcCoy; 06-02-2014, 5:10 PM.
  • bparsel
    • Jul 2011

Keep it up, nice to see a young guy doing what he can.

Comment

• brach77
      • Oct 2011

looks like your off to a great start. good job so far.

Comment

• cike
        • Jan 2012

looking good. keep it comming. making it yours it what it's all about

Comment

• kamut
          • Dec 2009

Man, is that breather a cymbal? You get an A for creativity on that one. I wish I was choppin' evo sportsters when I was 17-keep at it!

Comment

• Shovelzilla
            • Aug 2011

Hell yeah man,im pretty much in the same boat (17 and have a '99 sporty). Like the guy above said do what you can when you can

Comment

• CalebMcCoy
              • Feb 2012

I just went up and took a couple of pictures outside the shop. Please overlook the mess, both on the bike and around the shop. I really cannot wait to start doing some neat customizations.

Thanks for looking,
              Danger

Comment

• Saltytonk
                • Mar 2011

Cool ! Great job! I almost did that with a cymbal. Take those saddlebag racks off of there. Keep it up!

Comment

• CalebMcCoy
                  • Feb 2012

Yeah man. I need to take those off haha. I just haven't went to buy some shorter bolts yet. I'm thinking about getting brass bolts so they'll match the cymbal. But I might not.

Comment

• TimB1640
                    • Nov 2009

Originally posted by CalebMcCoy
                    I just went up and took a couple of pictures outside the shop. Please overlook the mess, both on the bike and around the shop. I really cannot wait to start doing some neat customizations.

Thanks for looking,
                    Danger
                    the zildgan cymbals are made right behind my house and i know a guy that knows someone who works there and he was able to get 4 and put them on his truck for hub caps

Comment

• NHMike
                      • Apr 2024

Looks good! Welcome to the madness.

Comment

• CalebMcCoy
                        • Feb 2012

Holy Crap. That'd be cool. I'm too poor to afford a zildjian splash cymbal haha. The meinls are much cheaper.

Comment

• TimB1640
                          • Nov 2009

i used to skateboard down their front steps and in their parking lot. we also used to watch them press out the cymbals when we were kids over 35 years ago

Comment

• CalebMcCoy
                            • Feb 2012

Hey guys. Sorry it's been so long - I just got back from a 780 mile run to the coast and back.

I will upload some new pictures soon. I have done some minor changes (removing saddle bag brackets, changing grips, changing foot pegs, etc.).

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                            Working...
                            ;