Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ibuiltmine
    • Jun 2010

I guess with SO MANY SPORTYS being built right now it had to happen....
    I got the same seat, same fender that I picked up at swap a couple weeks ago, and I have the EXACT bike I'm building it out of..... I just don't have the killer shop and tools and parts at my disposal!

Looking forward to watching this build, guys!

Comment

• heffe
      • Nov 2009

The seat and fender look great together.

Comment

• LowbrowCustoms
        • May 2010

Originally posted by enzoline
        You've got the rear looking good. Are you putting the taillight up under the fender or side mounting it. In my opinion that big tank must go, a very small tank would take it back to being more proportionate since you shortened up the back so much.
        The tank is already gone, I just haven't gotten those pictures posted yet! I will try to get the next batch up tonight! I am running tail lights under the fender, I had a cateye style mounted a couple days ago, but after harassment from a few people I am going to run dual titmouse tail lights from after hours choppers under there.

Comment

• NITRO
          • Jul 2009

Originally I was considering keeping the stock tank for the larger capacity, but after modifying the rear section it just looked wrong. I pulled a few tanks off the shelf but the one that looked the best to me was one of our sporty tanks. I have never been a huge fan of this style tank honeslty, but it just fits the build so well!

This tanks fits the stock 96-03 Sportsters, so it was a painless swap. The one modification I did was cut off the vent tube from the bottom of this tank and weld it in solid. At this stage I have a pretty huge pile of take off parts, and not one HD logo left on the bike!

Comment

• ibuiltmine
            • Jun 2010

you going to sell some take off parts?

Comment

• NITRO
              • Jul 2009

Originally posted by ibuiltmine
              you going to sell some take off parts?
              Yeah I don't really need them, I think the seat and forwards are spoken for at this point

Comment

• choppa
                • Aug 2009

The bike is looking good! Those details will add a lot too. It will be sweet!

Comment

• gasolio
                  • Jan 2012

c'on NITRO....show us something more!!

Comment

• NITRO
                    • Jul 2009

Originally posted by gasolio
                    c'on NITRO....show us something more!!
                    Workin on it! I have only had this bike a week!

Comment

• NITRO
                      • Jul 2009

I took off the rear passenger peg mounts and cut them down slightly to keep them closer to the frame and I changed the stock pegs out for black Biltwell Sanderson pegs. I don;t ride 2 up, but just in case I am covered now and they are tucked in a bit tighter to the frame.

I also got the new rubber for the bike in! I have a new spoked rear wheel for this, so I can get rid of that big solid rear wheel that came stock. I just like the look of a spoked wheel, and there should be some more weight savings there as well.

I bought a Supertrapp Kerker exhaust, I love the look of these 2 into 1 systems and I have never seen one in person, a google search didn't really turn up anything other than stock photos wither, so I took a chance. I loved the front header section, well made super light, and a perfect fit. I felt that with the new short rear fender the muffler just looked way out of proportion though.

I decided I did still want the exhaust just a shorter muffler so I pulled the muffler off and opened it up!

I ended up cutting 5 inches out, welding the baffle back up and repacking it. I felt the result was much more proportional (around the same length as the new tank) and now I love it!

The reaction has been love/hate depending who you ask, which makes me think I am doing something right!

Comment

• MikeLightnin
                        • Feb 2012

Not exactly my style but I like stuff that is different. I look forward to seeing the transformation.

Comment

• ibuiltmine
                          • Jun 2010

have you started it with that muffler yet? I bet it sounds awesome

Comment

• NITRO
                            • Jul 2009

Originally posted by ibuiltmine
                            have you started it with that muffler yet? I bet it sounds awesome
                            It sounds good to me! Nice low rumble at idle and throaty at high rpm!

Comment

• gasolio
                              • Jan 2012

I luv it!
                              I've got the same pipes with a different muffler....but I've to work on the front header
                              becouse I want to use it with the front drivig pegs!

Comment

• gasolio
                                • Jan 2012

Originally posted by gasolio
                                I luv it!
                                I've got the same pipes with a different muffler....but I've to work on the front header
                                becouse I want to use it with the front drivig pegs!

I apologize in advance for all the crap I write!
                                I'm Italian and I compare myself with you using your language is a little difficult

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...
                                ;