Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ScottB
    • Aug 2010

Boston/Providence???

I hope this thread is cool with the mod's. I have seen/commented on a few similar, so anyway...

It looks like my gal and I are heading towards the Boston/Providence area.

I have done some work in Boston, but really haven't explored much outside of the center city area and was hoping for some insight from folks who live there.
    My wife will be working in Mansfield, so we are hoping to land someplace without a brutal commute for her.
    We are currently in Philly, living in the city not the 'burbs, but living full-on urban is not a requirement for out relocation. It would be nice to be able to walk to some stuff, where ever we might land.

Any of you guys have two cents to contribute? Areas or neighborhoods you might recommend, or suggest we avoid? Commentary on RI verses MA to provide?
  • Zooligan
    • Oct 2009

I used to live in southern RI, which I loved. Northern RI seems like a pit. I was always hearing about meningitis outbreaks in Woonsocket and stuff. I mean, wtf?

Southern RI (Providence and below, west of the Pell bridge) was cool. Good food. Dominican Republican dudes almost threw bags of coke at you. Awesome beach bars south of URI. Hot-ass women of Portugese descent.

Fuck, I miss that place.

Comment

• avastyematey
      • Aug 2009

Providence is pretty cool.
      We have some real good riding just outside the city.
      Rte 44, 106, 21, 12 etc.
      Recommended.

Comment

• cregulator
        • Mar 2011

I actually live in mansfield. its a nice enough town but its no city. Providence is closer to mansfield than boston. Generally if your from mass you automatically hate on providence but it really isnt that bad.

Comment

• richfrazier
          • Nov 2010

mansfield isnt bad..no city but its good. id stay clear of taunton its kinda a hole(no offense to anyone there).anything really close to mansfield is farming towns.atleast if you live in boston or providence shed have a reverse commute.

Comment

• purerockfury
            • Mar 2011

Mansfield is really nice, my sister lived there for a long time and good riding around there. just my opinion but i'd try to stick with the burbs, city living (especially in boston ) is big $$$ not sure about providence, as any city they both have good and bad parts...like rich said i'd stay outa taunton but i'd add brockton to the list also...total shit hole ( i lived there for 6 years...lol) and live a town over from there now. attleboro & south attleboro aren't bad...

Comment

• IVthCrusade
              • Apr 2024

Currently live in Warwick RI and ride to Boston 6-7 days/week for work. I dig Warwick and further south RI, but pretty much despise the Boston area. Although I like to avoid cities in general.

And hello to the locals

Comment

• Jesse13
                • Nov 2010

Im from Boston , Living in So. cal

moving to Amesbury ma. aug 1st!

down to ride all the time

Comment

• MadRiverMoCo
                  • Apr 2024

Alright fuckers...

This week looks dynamite by the end - Dogmatics playing Friday night - anyone into riding around this week, this weekend, I'm tired of bombing around with the same ugly faces I always ride with- if you're up to grabbing some miles on the north shore (and possibly fried fish), post here...

Comment

• NHMike
                    • Apr 2024

Originally posted by MadRiverMoCo
                    Alright fuckers...

This week looks dynamite by the end - Dogmatics playing Friday night - anyone into riding around this week, this weekend, I'm tired of bombing around with the same ugly faces I always ride with- if you're up to grabbing some miles on the north shore (and possibly fried fish), post here...
                    I might be down, gotta see what the wifes schedule looks like. I'll keep an eye on this thread and let you know for sure.

Comment

• MadRiverMoCo
                      • Apr 2024

This being New England, Im assuming this is as far as this thread will go...

Comment

• MadRiverMoCo
                        • Apr 2024

This being New England, Im assuming this is as far as this thread will go...
                        As I said...

Comment

• NHMike
                          • Apr 2024

hahahaha

As I said...
                          What were you thinking?

Comment

• MadRiverMoCo
                            • Apr 2024

Thursday, 5pm, Honey Dew Donuts, Wakefield, MA

Comment

• topdeadcenter
                              • Jun 2011

Providence dweller here, cant wait to get my bike running!

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                              Working...
                              ;