CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
Page 1 of 10 123 ... Last

Hybrid View

Default Arizona Residents - Check in

Tried to search to find a simliar thread but couldn't find one. I know i can search the community and find members in arizona and message each and everyone one individually and see which ones are active but thats just excessive.

So who is in arizona? I would love to meet some similar minded people. All my friends (Exception Pendulum) thought i was crazy when i bought my POS XS650 that didn't run and needed nearly every piece replaced. It now runs and i would love to meet up with some locals to ride & help molest our 2 wheeled friends. So how about a check in for Arizona residents? This state is filled with a ridiculous amount of riders (however usually the 20k 20 mile type who ride that sweet spot 2 week part of the year), but I know there are a few of us that actually pretend we know how to work on our motorcycles occasionally.

So i'll start off;

My Name is Marin. I live in Mesa (but spend a lot of time in Peoria/Glendale as well). I had been wanting to build a bike / restore a bike for a while and Pendulum started pushing me by throwing ads on CL every for a good 2-3 months... Finally pullted the trigger on an absolutely disgusting XS650 that had literally almost NO functioning parts. However the engine ran perfect compression on both cylinders, and just leaked / cracked covers. I just got it running recently and have started to put weekend miles on it (until i fix oil leaks i dont want to daily it, too messy!). I have been taking it down the bush highway quite a bit but would'nt mind going some other spots, and meeting some locals to ride with!

Photo of my scoot during the build:

I'm out in Queen Creek... Got a GS550 rat thing I've been working on. Just gotta sort my oil leaks out and build an exhaust, then it's time for the frame work to get done.

I know there's gotta be some CCers in the E. Valley.

In PhX here , just off the 51.....Have a shop in my garage and 4 or 5 bikes depending on whats happenin.....been needin someone to help fab shit up or just drink beer and hurl insults...maybe ride. Hit me up anytime.

Quote Originally Posted by H34TH3N View Post
    In PhX here , just off the 51.....Have a shop in my garage and 4 or 5 bikes depending on whats happenin.....been needin someone to help fab shit up or just drink beer and hurl insults...maybe ride. Hit me up anytime.
    Im always down to help. how far up the 51 are ya? Hoping to fix my oil leaks this weekend and finally out on some fresh sprockets as well. (mikes sent me defective ones woot)

On the 51 myself just off greenway. Hit me up I'll drink beer and insult anybody you want

also in goodyear .

Son of a bitch!

Thanks for the info re reschedule! Was all set to get leather on and ride up there. I'll be at the MMI open house next Saturday...

I'll be there too, with the fam. no bike.

I'll call Ram Jet later to confirm the reschedule, unless some one here can say for sure that it's on 4/15. Looks like I'll make it after all. Just waiting on shims for my valve job, and I'll be good to go.

little late to this thread just got out of the military, moved to Gilbert, Working on a 79 sporty and getting some extra education at MMI in Phoenix, would love to meet up with a group and help turn some wrenches.

Quote Originally Posted by ironallen View Post
    little late to this thread just got out of the military, moved to Gilbert, Working on a 79 sporty and getting some extra education at MMI in Phoenix, would love to meet up with a group and help turn some wrenches.
    Cool, I'm in the Gilbert/Mesa/Chandler area. Dobson n Guadalupe.

Ironallen what class are you in? im in machine shop.

I think im gonna ride out to born free the friday morning before it...maybe leave like 5 in the morning to beat the heat....leave there sunday morning same thing.....anyone up for the trip?

Quote Originally Posted by H34TH3N View Post
    I think im gonna ride out to born free the friday morning before it...maybe leave like 5 in the morning to beat the heat....leave there sunday morning same thing.....anyone up for the trip?
    I'd be so down if either of my bikes were running.

I just got a new job with a substantial pay increase so after I get some cash stacked back up I'll be getting both bikes done properly finally. I need to powdercoat my XS frame, get a new engine, fix all the mickey-mouse shit, clean the carbs again, and I'm back in business. My GS needs the carbs cleaned and some gaskets replaced. I'll probably focus on that one first...

Still looking for bikes to shoot. SATCH and I are gonna get together for some photos in like a week, and once coachstorms gets his FXR finished I'll shoot that too.

Quote Originally Posted by ironallen View Post

Im in CA because of the military, but my family lives right next to MMI and im there pretty often. What do you think of that school? Ive seen a few of the guys around and offer them to come to the house and work on their bikes and honestly, dont seem to know much. Maybe they just started or I am just cynical.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc74 View Post
    Im in CA because of the military, but my family lives right next to MMI and im there pretty often. What do you think of that school? Ive seen a few of the guys around and offer them to come to the house and work on their bikes and honestly, dont seem to know much. Maybe they just started or I am just cynical.
    A lot of those kids are only going to school to make mom n dad happy, and don't give a shit about learning. There's a few that are there because they're passionate about motorcycles though. Same goes for AAI, UTI, etc.

I'm there now and I like it. You get what you put into it. I went in not knowing shit, and still don't know that much compared to someone who has been doing it for years. But built my first engine the other day CRF 150F (split cases, measured EVERYTHING, took trans apart reassembled) started on second kick. So you do learn a lot if you put forth the effort. However there are some retards there....ok a lot.

Lets get a goddamn ride together soon...i have a pool and a well equipped garage.......set this shit up.

Share This