Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • REV
    • Aug 2009

Z-Day Prep

I know this sounds funny, but Z-Day prep can be just about anything these days. I know just about all my friends talk about it, but they mean "when the world comes to an end, ill have ammo and rations" kinda stuff.

So, what yall got planned? How many of you have gas masks already?
  • HatchA74
    • Sep 2011

As I'm in Ireland, we have stricter control on guns so I don't have one.

I DO, however, have a nice collection of swords (functional, not stainless wall-hangers) with which to remove heads quietly, so as not to attract unwanted attention from other zombies.

I also make my own archery equipment too and have a small supply of shafts, broadheads and turkey feathers etc for arrows that will serve both as zombie headshots and for taking some sheep/lambs, cows/calves and even goats and chickens that live a stone's throw from my house.

No reason for me and mine to go hungry. All I really need to do is to sort out a few water buttes to gather the plentiful Irish rain. I live 2 miles outside the closest town (though there's a pub/B&B at the end of my road where it meets the main road) so I'd be better off trying to store as much water myself, instead of going looking for it.

Comment

• turtlem1969
      • Sep 2010

I got a mess of twinkies saved up.

Comment

• MoK13
        • Feb 2011

Originally posted by REV
        How many of you have gas masks already?
        Not so much the gas masks as canasters and two pan cloride. Got me sum guns, bug out gear, and a Zombie sniffin Dashound.

Comment

• grandpab
          • Feb 2010

I am a crowbar guy. It is ideal for smashing their gushy zombie heads and prying open doors to get at goodies left behind by those who don't carry a crowbar.

Comment

• cros36
            • Dec 2010

this is the only book as an adult that ive ever read.

Comment

• Spade115
              • May 2010

Originally posted by grandpab
              I am a crowbar guy. It is ideal for smashing their gushy zombie heads and prying open doors to get at goodies left behind by those who don't carry a crowbar.
              im in the same boat as you but I also have my buck 119 too.

Comment

• brach77
                • Oct 2011

Originally posted by cros36
                this is the only book as an adult that ive ever read.

this book rest on my night stand and has been ready more than once.

+1 on that crowbar.

Comment

• Bandersnatch
                  • Dec 2011

I've got a Hellen Keller room and I'm about 40%sure I have a bombshelter in my yard. Could just be a septic system though.

Comment

• Jeffy
                    • Apr 2010

Definitely a septic tank. But it could make a nice shelter in a pinch.....or a really stinky coffin. Really though I'm all about this stuff, I got a large collection of bugout gear lots of guns lots of ammo tactical training (even tho I'm not mil. Or pol.) Evac plan bug in plan and that's half the reason I'm starting my ironhead project so I can have slim transport even if an emp hits us. I'm a paranoid fuck!!!

Prepare for anything, ready for the worst hoping for the best.

Comment

• HatchA74
                      • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Jeffy

Prepare for anything, ready for the worst hoping for the best.
                      Gotta agree with that!!

Comment

• CriminalKZ
                        • Jul 2010

I will surround myself with largely obese people all of the time. That way if the zambies give chase, I can at least outrun the people around me. Solid plan in my book.

Comment

• CoyoteUSP
                          • Mar 2011

Somebody say Zombie Apocalypse?

Comment

• twhite6868
                            • Jul 2011

Luckily, my wife keeps the house pretty well stocked with food, but if not available I have a shitload of MRE's.

At this point I have enough guns and ammo to hold them off for about a month.

I also have access to a cement building with locking steel doors that I could defend for a few months (more guns and ammo there too!)

And remember, all you have to do is be faster than the other guy!

Comment

• Sighless
                              • May 2010

Don't you guys watch Walking Dead? They ship survivors out here to Nebraska, the quote was "Low population and lots of guns"!!
                              We have guns and PLENTY of ammunition. Our escape route is to a small town about 15 miles from here, there is a grain elevator, high elevation for surveillance, one way in and out, thick walled fortification etc. And as my son always says "save the last bullet for yourself"

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                              Working...
                              ;