No photos to update here but... I did the wiring as shown. I got the started solenoid button but (as expected) was the wrong bolt pattern. 91+ are common while pre 1990 are hard to find. The guy at my local shop has one but its an additional $40. I'm gonna do it simply to avoid headaches.
I need to make an exhaust hanger/bracket, redo the shifter linkage, bleed the rear brake, and make the sissy. This crap seems never-ending!!!!!
Mid-control jockey shift setup.
Made a [tiny] "sissy" to hold the fender, tail, & license plate until I can get an oxy/ace setup to bend 1/2" stainless for a semi-tall sissy bar.
I hate these axle plates. Idk why I bought them but they work, I guess. Stock caliper bracket cut down and CB750 axle adjusters.
Spyke Inc starter solenoid button. Pre-1990 Sportsters have a different bolt pattern. This one was double the price of a Custom Chrome one but much better quality.
Hidden oil tank cap & ignition module under the seat.
How it currently sits so I can FINALLY ride it. Working on the narrow tank and I need to buy stainless steel to make new bars.
Yesterday I was putting in the plug for a battery tender and the lead terminal on the positive side came off COMPLETELY. I'm glad it happened then and not tonight while I was out riding. Trying to source a battery from Braille to pick up TODAY but it's looking impossible.
Ordered a Braille battery for the bike, should get it Monday (or Tuesday). Worked on the tank today.
1.75" exhaust pipe, cut in half. Some sheetmetal on both sides.
Tank shell. Notched for the tunnel.
Tunnel & bottom sheets welded and trimmed.
Shell & bottom.
and some mockup pics.
Need to weld it up, weld a petcock, drill/weld a filler cap, and mounting tabs. Then paint.
New headlight (not aimed yet).
New battery. Needs a new tray (it's smaller).
Tank rear mount, need some work.
Tank front mounts.
looks to be coming along nicely. the seat is pretty cool looking, dont see many of those.
More pics of the tank.
After grinding down the welds and patching up leaks =\