Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blackhawk1996
    • Nov 2022

Originally posted by LastCenturyMC
    Here's a link for a title service used by many in the AMCA - https://www.saintsengine.com/services/title-service/
    This looks like it could work pretty easy. Do you know anyone who’s had success with it and what the wait time is?

Comment

• shovel625
      • Mar 2018

$2000-2500 with the title situation. Then use a titling agency. Great platform, i have a 78 flh, it was a basket case, that i ride on the daily. as many months as i can a year, weather depending. Its set up like a fx though, mids 21 front etc. Its been a great bike to me for a long time(6 years) with minimal problems. I also have an 76 cone shovel chopper that i put lots of miles on every year, thats also been very reliable for me. I do stay up on the maintenance on them which is key. Anyways, i think either way you have a great platform there.

Comment

• Blackhawk1996
        • Nov 2022

Originally posted by shovel625
        $2000-2500 with the title situation. Then use a titling agency. Great platform, i have a 78 flh, it was a basket case, that i ride on the daily. as many months as i can a year, weather depending. Its set up like a fx though, mids 21 front etc. Its been a great bike to me for a long time(6 years) with minimal problems. I also have an 76 cone shovel chopper that i put lots of miles on every year, thats also been very reliable for me. I do stay up on the maintenance on them which is key. Anyways, i think either way you have a great platform there.
        Do you have any experiences with title agency’s? And I agree, it’s a great bike with everything and boxes more of parts. It’s just getting it to go and look pretty.

Comment

• LastCenturyMC
          • Jul 2021

Originally posted by Blackhawk1996
          This looks like it could work pretty easy. Do you know anyone who’s had success with it and what the wait time is?
          The page that link goes to answers all those questions, just scroll down to FAQ, they used to be $300 for anything after 1930 they have probably gone up some with this BS economy like everything else. Usually takes 1-2 months they are on the up and up if there is anything fishy with the title they won't process it - stolen. salvage title

Comment

• shovel625
            • Mar 2018

Do you have any experiences with title agency’s? And I agree, it’s a great bike with everything and boxes more of parts. It’s just getting it to go and look pretty.
            personally i haven't had to use one yet, but there's a few states that offer them, Tennessee being one

Comment

• Blackhawk1996
              • Nov 2022

Update: I’ve picked up the bike and been working on getting it where I can try starting the motor to see what I’ve got. I’ve cleaned the carb (super E), going to change the engine oil and rinse out oil tank with kerosene? also soaking the cylinders with MMO, new battery etc. Also ordered a test tank since the tank was pretty bad rusted inside. Anybody think of anything I’m missing here before trying to fire her up? Also here’s updated pics. Thinking I may just restore her to her former glory once I work out the kinks. Click image for larger version

Name:	BA4245BB-1150-4590-AB59-31607DDF87EA.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	155.3 KB
ID:	1323293Click image for larger version

Name:	CA014AA0-E32F-4B97-8B89-CBB04B18B152.jpg
Size:	151.8 KB
ID:	1323294Click image for larger version

Name:	B8E106FD-00CC-4D3E-A8A6-68C47E31880E.jpg
Size:	146.4 KB
ID:	1323295

Comment

• JBinNC
                • Dec 2018

I would pull the pushrod covers and determine what type of tappets are in there and adjust accordingly.

Clean or replace the points. Service the advance unit, or replace it if it's worn out. Set the timing. I would say replace the condenser, but an old one may actually be better than what's available these days.

If it turns out to be a runner, I would replace all the oil lines with decent stuff (not fuel line).

Good luck, I bet it starts right up.
                Jim

Comment

• metalheart28
                  • Feb 2014

Update: I’ve picked up the bike and been working on getting it where I can try starting the motor to see what I’ve got. I’ve cleaned the carb (super E), going to change the engine oil and rinse out oil tank with kerosene? also soaking the cylinders with MMO, new battery etc. Also ordered a test tank since the tank was pretty bad rusted inside. Anybody think of anything I’m missing here before trying to fire her up? Also here’s updated pics. Thinking I may just restore her to her former glory once I work out the kinks. [ATTACH=CONFIG]109646[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]109647[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]109648[/ATTACH]
                  I dont know if you know much about it but theres only like 9 states I think I that recognize common law these days and I imagine even that is hard to do as there is no paperwork. I just went through this with my mom when her boyfriend of 30 years passed away who had everything in his name. If you're not in one of those 9 states who ever is estate executor owns that bike. I wouldnt put any money into it as they can claim ownership and take it when they've found out you've cleaned it up and got back on the road. Id work on getting a title before doing anything. When people die others are looking to get paid and a nice shovelhead would be an easy payday.

Now if your state recognizes common law and she can prove it in court then she is entitled to everything of his as if they were married thus making her estate executor and could then get you a title for the bike, I would look into this. She can prove common law marriage with things like joint tax returns, leases and shared credit cards.
                  Last edited by metalheart28; 12-30-2022, 8:58 AM.

Comment

• Blackhawk1996
                    • Nov 2022

Originally posted by metalheart28
                    I dont know if you know much about it but theres only like 9 states I think I that recognize common law these days and I imagine even that is hard to do as there is no paperwork. I just went through this with my mom when her boyfriend of 30 years passed away who had everything in his name. If you're not in one of those 9 states who ever is estate executor owns that bike. I wouldnt put any money into it as they can claim ownership and take it when they've found out you've cleaned it up and got back on the road. Id work on getting a title before doing anything. When people die others are looking to get paid and a nice shovelhead would be an easy payday.

Now if your state recognizes common law and she can prove it in court then she is entitled to everything of his as if they were married thus making her estate executor and could then get you a title for the bike, I would look into this. She can prove common law marriage with things like joint tax returns, leases and shared credit cards.
                    I’m just putting in the minimum for now to see what I’ve actually got here. I plan to use a company who just uses a bill of sale and will title it in their name, then send the title to me so I can transfer it. Of course getting bill of sales from aunt for the bike as a whole and the motor itself.

Comment

• metalheart28
                      • Feb 2014

I’m just putting in the minimum for now to see what I’ve actually got here. I plan to use a company who just uses a bill of sale and will title it in their name, then send the title to me so I can transfer it. Of course getting bill of sales from aunt for the bike as a whole and the motor itself.
                      That could be considered theft. When this goes into probate and the court and the whoever controls his estate wants to see a list of his assets and they say where is this bike? And she has to admit she sold it it may not be good and could put her in a bad spot. If they were indeed common law married amd in such a state just have her prove, she deserves it anyway. My mom really got screwed because michigan dont recognize it.
                      Last edited by metalheart28; 12-30-2022, 10:16 AM.

Comment

• ExplodingCoffinEmporium
                        • Oct 2016

That is tough titties, as she isn’t the executor of the estate as per OP’s original postings and nor does Oklahoma recognize common law marriage as far as I can tell via search. I’m sure Saints could get the title transferred and all that, but Metalheart28 is correct, your aunt could possibly be in some shit if the executor decides to be a dick about the whole thing. So with that being said, I’d 100% agree, know the situation better before proceeding, do you know the executor of the estate? Is this something you could discuss with them or did your aunt’s deceased boyfriend happen to make the sale and write you a bill of sale before his untimely demise *cough forged signature cough*.

Comment

• metalheart28
                          • Feb 2014

Originally posted by ExplodingCoffinEmporium
                          That is tough titties, as she isn’t the executor of the estate as per OP’s original postings and nor does Oklahoma recognize common law marriage as far as I can tell via search. I’m sure Saints could get the title transferred and all that, but Metalheart28 is correct, your aunt could possibly be in some shit if the executor decides to be a dick about the whole thing. So with that being said, I’d 100% agree, know the situation better before proceeding, do you know the executor of the estate? Is this something you could discuss with them or did your aunt’s deceased boyfriend happen to make the sale and write you a bill of sale before his untimely demise *cough forged signature cough*.
                          I wanted my stepdads truck when he died and almost paid to get it out of impound but his bros had control of everything and sure enough they took pretty much everything of value. I found this though and Oklahoma does recognize common law so if she can prove it hes home free!
                          https://www.michellesmithlaw.com/com...one%20of%20a,2.

Comment

• Blackhawk1996
                            • Nov 2022

Originally posted by metalheart28
                            I wanted my stepdads truck when he died and almost paid to get it out of impound but his bros had control of everything and sure enough they took pretty much everything of value. I found this though and Oklahoma does recognize common law so if she can prove it hes home free!
                            https://www.michellesmithlaw.com/com...one%20of%20a,2.
                            Well she has been awarded his pension that he’s paid into for 40 years so that more or less shows they were common law married. Trust me, I don’t want to do anything illegal or feel like It’s theft or anything it’s just bit of a sticky situation. And as far as we all know, there’s not much of an estate for it to go to probate or an executor of estate be assigned. She plans to move because of how dilapidated the house and land is and everything she’s not taking with her will just be left for thieves or whoever to pick over.

Comment

• ExplodingCoffinEmporium
                              • Oct 2016

Good to hear amigo, I’m hoping this all works out and you have a clean titled shovel to get back on the road.

Comment

• metalheart28
                                • Feb 2014

Well she has been awarded his pension that he’s paid into for 40 years so that more or less shows they were common law married. Trust me, I don’t want to do anything illegal or feel like It’s theft or anything it’s just bit of a sticky situation. And as far as we all know, there’s not much of an estate for it to go to probate or an executor of estate be assigned. She plans to move because of how dilapidated the house and land is and everything she’s not taking with her will just be left for thieves or whoever to pick over.
                                If shes been awarded his pension that should be the proof they were indeed "married". I was just trying to offer up my experience from this sort of situation. Dont know you but I'd hate to see you get shafted on a bike you're excited about!

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...
                                ;