Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bandersnatch
    • Dec 2011

Pinche Bike Show

Here it is. The Tinley Park Motorcycle Parts Expo (and swapmeet). At Best it was a quick fix for those of us in the Midwest missing riding to shows and summertime swaps. This one was WAY commercial. I don't mind cuz somebody's gotta pay to put this stuff on. yes It was indeed loaded with a bunch of doodads and junk that makes some of us cringe. Actually most of us. Anyway there was a Swap Meet and it seemed smaller than last years at McCormick Place in Chicago and they divided it with big curtains and made it somewhat Maze-Like in the vendor area to make it seem packed. Opie from SOA will be there on Saturday the 4th so we went on Friday to get at the swap before it was too picked over and swarming with rabid fans.

This more or less summed it up, so I'll Give yall the highlights...........
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Me with a Bagger 23. Seemed to be the flavor of the day.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    This is more or less the majority of the bikes there.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    The SWAG
    [IMG][/IMG]
    The SWAP (as photographed by my buddy who is like 6'5".....thanks Nick)
    [IMG][/IMG]
    That guy in the 'spenders is Little Al. If you are in the Midwest you have probably dealt with him. Little dude with a lot of tude. He's got the experience to back it up and quite honestly the only booth generally with parts worth digging through. I watched him Almost get punched out last year by some dude trying to get a clutch basket off of him. He's got a mouth on him but I always end up buying something from him. Respect.
    NOW FOR SOME BIKES!
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Gnarley Flatty Servi-car. Had some Hunnert Paraphernalia on it. They were ASKING 5,500bux for it. That's pretty sweet if you ask me.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Sweet Hummer. That's my Ol'Lady's dream bike. I dunno, she's a girl. Anyway, it was Super Clean and well done.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Straight up. Just an Honest Knuck with a Mik and a Mag.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Recognize this cat from January's THBSC? Cool Dude and a super clean Trump. Made me smile.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    This Trumpet Chop was probably my favorite bike there. Really dug the lights. It had like a 14inch invader on the front too. Not a lot of Old Style Chops at this shindig.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Flatty with the Sidecar. Pretty nice to see in person.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Holy Roller Batman! A Christian Rightwing?!? Just playin. I just needed to share that experience.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    And the IDEAL Goldwing Bars.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Shovel. Are Trikes the next wave?
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Simple, Clean, Attainable. In a sea of 26's with rap thumping through saddlebags even with the DNA was a very welcome sight. I especially dug the pipes. I brought one of my buddies with who is pretty new to bikes in general and this was his favorite. Just goes to show that it's a formula that works well.

I figured I'd share. Maybe you won't waste your time or maybe you were convinced you NEED to go if you are in driving distance. I figured I'd share the highlights.

Note: This Expo was supposedly boycotted by ABATE members on account of their NO COLORS policy. If that's your thing then "Heads Up", But it didn't stop SOA
  • EbolaMonkey
    • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Bandersnatch
    Here it is. The Tinley Park Motorcycle Parts Expo (and swapmeet). At Best it was a quick fix for those of us in the Midwest missing riding to shows and summertime swaps. This one was WAY commercial. I don't mind cuz somebody's gotta pay to put this stuff on. yes It was indeed loaded with a bunch of doodads and junk that makes some of us cringe. Actually most of us. Anyway there was a Swap Meet and it seemed smaller than last years at McCormick Place in Chicago and they divided it with big curtains and made it somewhat Maze-Like in the vendor area to make it seem packed. Opie from SOA will be there on Saturday the 4th so we went on Friday to get at the swap before it was too picked over and swarming with rabid fans.

Simple, Clean, Attainable. In a sea of 26's with rap thumping through saddlebags even with the DNA was a very welcome sight. I especially dug the pipes. I brought one of my buddies with who is pretty new to bikes in general and this was his favorite. Just goes to show that it's a formula that works well.

I figured I'd share. Maybe you won't waste your time or maybe you were convinced you NEED to go if you are in driving distance. I figured I'd share the highlights.

Note: This Expo was supposedly boycotted by ABATE members on account of their NO COLORS policy. If that's your thing then "Heads Up", But it didn't stop SOA

No pictures of the "Obama" bike?

I have to agree on most of the points you made though.

Way too much 300rear26inchfront900poundsofbilletness. Not enough swap. Too much shitty leather wear, but that's the norm. I was kind of annoyed by the assclowns with the carnival games in the south end too. I thought about going back late today, and see if the guy who wouldn't deal yesterday will deal today, but I'm not going to fight my way through a sea of SOA fucktards.

Comment

• Bandersnatch
      • Dec 2011

Anyone else go to this thing? It sure seemed a lot smaller and the security was a lot more lax. Was it because of the ABATE boycott? Or just economy or what?

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
      Working...
      ;