CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Default Johnny Pag Barhog?

HAs anyone seen these in person or can tell me some information about them?

I have been looking at frames formy blast motor and wanting to buy as much as possible in once sitting instead of peices here and there. Found out they make a Barhog roller everything but the motor (and I learned as well the brakes)

My original thought was to just run everything as is with the blast motor sitting cradled in it.

Found this also
    Apparently this bike is a Johnny Pag with a Suzuki front end, motor and wheels.
    Any info on who built it, where and can I order one etc please contact
    email phil@philwalker.co.nz thanks

and then found this site
    http://theotherwheel.com/bobber-project/

The guy who is doing the build bought a roller and brakes and other things.

this is what they told him the motor could run
    [QUOTE]28Sep11

The engine ordered for the Barhog project arrived today. Selected as the powerhouse was a 1978 Yamaha XS400. The guys at Johnny Pag outfit these with a 300cc engine that is simular to a Honda 300 parallel twin. If you check out the pics on the JP site you’ll see the engine appears lost in the frame. The sales people I spoke with recommended a 4 head 600cc engine that would fit but I wanted something simpler. QUOTE]

what do you all think?

Madav8tr

I think you would be better off with a more mainstream company like Pauchgo honestly. Buy a standard sportster frame from them and bolt your motor in. Source the other essential parts off the net and there ya go. Not doggin the Johnny Pag stuff cause I don't know anything about that company but I do know that sportster parts are a dime a dozen on the net and more reputable companies support the sporty platform.

livingdeadmc

Aren't these just big hardknock bobbers...? Piece your own together you'll be happier...

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by livingdeadmc View Post
    Aren't these just big hardknock bobbers...? Piece your own together you'll be happier...
    +1

i think piecing shit together and making shit work is half the fun of building a bike, then in the end you have exactly what you want

my buddy dave will build you a custom frame and is reasonably priced, dude does quality work
    http://www.tanksbytigman.com/

Get Adobe Flash player

I know tigman seen him alot on clubchopper. Cool dude for sure.

edit:

Main reason for not wanting to peice things together still learning and the blast is my only two wheel transportation, When I blew the motor on my sporty went through withdrawals and bought the blast. Glad I did but wish it could be cooler. lol

So when I saw the barhog figure less work to get it back on the road and then start swapping tins and fenders. I had an original idea of Frisco tank, Mini ape's Tall sissy bar and it beign a 500 doing 70mpg 3 gallon tank and I dont have to worry when I want to go on long trips with the misses and still ilght enough to throw on the back of the truck (We've literally had to pick up the bike to put on the back of the truck) Now we bought ramps. lol
    Last edited by Spade115; 02-28-2012 at 11:55 AM.

Get Adobe Flash player

There's a Johnny Pag in the window of the tattoo shop next to the liquor store. They're askin 2,800 for it. It's got all the sweet parts, looks real clean. It's just got some no name motor that's 300cc. I'm sure I would bend that thing, But I guess I did see a guy on one and thought it was a pretty rad bike. Then I couldn't recognize the motor and that put me off. Maybe for my OL, but she says she wants me to pick up a Harley Hummer for her.

Anyway, if your blast motor fits in a sportster frame then go that route. Or even for that kind of money (Johhny Pag), keep yer eyes open for a whole other bike. You'd be happier if you built it yourself instead of explaining to people it was a JP that you swapped a blast motor into. Everyone would just be like "Huh? Is that a triumph?" anyway. I did see a rad video of a Buell Blast "bobber" in a rigid frame somewhere that looked and sounded awesome.

Get Adobe Flash player

Why not? if you can't build it, buy it. Is it as rewarding as building it yourself? no, but at least you are riding and enjoying it.

Get Adobe Flash player

Thats what ive been thinking. is downtime is what I dont want to be too long. Im planning on asking the people building a bike with the frame already see how there doing and if its worth it.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by Spade115 View Post
    Thats what ive been thinking. is downtime is what I dont want to be too long. Im planning on asking the people building a bike with the frame already see how there doing and if its worth it.
    I thought that there was gonna have to be motor mounts fabbed etc for a swap. If it all swaps up for you then heck yes, I just never heard of anyone swappin a buell motor into a Johnny Pag. That is what yer talkin about right?

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by Spade115 View Post
    You may have a hard time finding answers for that specific bike here, but if you can measure and weld, it won't be a problem.

Get Adobe Flash player

HA just my luck with frames and manufactuers. lol

The barhog has been discontinnued. lol Guess im looking for a sporty frame. lol

Get Adobe Flash player

The Flyrite Hitman frame looks awesome assembled.....

Get Adobe Flash player

will check it out, thanks

MadRiverMoCo

nothing looks better than an Acme

(except maybe something from George)

Get Adobe Flash player

my only thing is I dont want to have to ship the motor to anyone to have the frame done.

Get Adobe Flash player

just buy a roller hardtail. Isn't a blast motor just half a sporty motor?

Get Adobe Flash player

nope, I know Dan Collins built the Booby trap for his wife. (Amazing bike) but it had to do with ALOT of welding,

Its not a plug n play type of bike. Found out Voodoo Vintage out of Austin Tx (whoo TX!) is going to start making blast frames, which is nice, I wanted to buy another blast to chop if I managed to do one first. lol
    Last edited by Spade115; 02-29-2012 at 1:06 PM.

Get Adobe Flash player

Callem up. Tellum yer Spade 115 from Chop Cult.......You didn't wanna say anything but.......Yer kind of a big deal. And then they will definitely sell you a prototype frame for dirt cheap. And you will spread the glory that is their frame to fellow motorcycle enthusiasts across the wild wonder world of innernet.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by Bandersnatch View Post
    Callem up. Tellum yer Spade 115 from Chop Cult.......You didn't wanna say anything but.......Yer kind of a big deal. And then they will definitely sell you a prototype frame for dirt cheap. And you will spread the glory that is their frame to fellow motorcycle enthusiasts across the wild wonder world of innernet.
    I ever win the lotto im buying you a bike

Thats funny as hell man. But I have them added on FB, they know im poor

Its cool though gotta stay positive.

Madav8tr

Blast motor sure looks similar to the engine my XB chopper, minus the rear cylinder of course. That said, a lot of welding and fabricating is going to be needed on almost any frame so might as well get one that will require the least amount of fabricating AFTER the motor is installed. My Buell XB Chop uses a Bare Knuckle Chopper frame and I bet the engine mounting is similar enough that little modification would be required in a XB style frame.

Share This