CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Default Modern Triumph meets Modern VW in the rain...

So I was out riding the Hinkley Monday, and some dude made a left in front of me, and I T-boned him.

I believe in angels now, since I walked away, a bit beat up, but basically fine.

Now the insurance money should pay for a new front end, so I am thinking, might as well make it a springer. If anyone knows of a complete frond end laying around, let me know. Preferably one of those newfangled HD set ups with a hydraulic shock as a dampener, disk brakes, and a spoke wheel... but I am open to other possibilities. The neck tube is almost 9" on the Triumph, so we will have some fab to do.

While we're at it, I've had a bonny tank on the shelf for a while which will get put on after a bit of modification, plus it may be time for that king and queen seat I have been dragging my feet on, and of course new bars, and cleaner controls, and so on...

Watch out for idiot drivers, and keep me in mind if you see a springer that could work well for this project.

ARBY

Glad you're alright, but you may have some frame mods to do also. That's a pretty hard hit to cream a front end like that and have no frame damage.

Get Adobe Flash player

I'm really curious...

What did the cunt have to say for himself? Was he freaked out for almost killing you? Why the fuck was a man driving that car?

Glad you're ok and still wanting to ride.

Get Adobe Flash player

It's good to see that you're alright. +1 on the frame.

Get Adobe Flash player

I was thinking the same thing as arby and jstein and crfyou, glad you were able to walk away, especially after getting all that yellow paint from the v dub on yer helmet.

Get Adobe Flash player

Wow. How do you not murder someone when they almost kill you? I also think you should definitely look for frame damage asap. If you let it sit for so long before you get to it and find you got a fracture in the frame somewhere the Insurance company may not cover it. BTW: Glad you are still around to post this.

Get Adobe Flash player

Shit, that must've been a hard hit. Good to see you're alright. Dumbshits should get their liscences taken away.

Get Adobe Flash player

way off topic but where is your helmet from?

Get Adobe Flash player

Where did your body go? Did you stay on the bike? Glad you're looking for a front end and not an arm or a leg.

Get Adobe Flash player

I am a lucky fucker! I landed on my feet. I was wearing a vintage full face relined by Renee @ Primo. Definately with you on the frame, hoping it will be fine but planning on checking it out thouroughly before proceeding. I also agree that the fuck in the VW should have his license re-evaluated, and yes he was visibly shaken. My leg is still sore, but I definitely got off way easy.

Get Adobe Flash player

I have a stock bonnie frame with title if you want to replace just hit me up with a PM glad you made it.

Get Adobe Flash player

Default stupid fucking people

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6580.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	304.9 KB 
ID:	23290 this is what happens when 19 yr. old chick is on her cell phone. to add insult to injury, zero remorse.. glad to see ya walk away man..
    Last edited by notfondajane11; 02-04-2012 at 8:33 AM.

Get Adobe Flash player

I love that I can get speeding tickets all the time and if I get too many my liscence is taken away, and yet some shitty-ass driver can get in as many accidents as they want and keep their liscence forever.

That makes sense.

Get Adobe Flash player

So here is an update with this thing:

John Edwards made a new front end

T-Bone at Noise customized a sporty tank, made some bars, a seat pan, and did some mild frame mods

I redid much of the electrical, stole controls off another build, got new cables from Barnett, put some foam and leather on the seat and did a little shakedown ride to Bobber ZunZun

Now the tank is at Old Gold, since the filler neck needs moved and I trust Dan's welding better than mine for porosity. I'll post more pics as I get them.

Big thanks to T-Bone for helping me deal with all the insurance BS.

Get Adobe Flash player

Alls well that ends well.

Did insurance pay for your scoots new life?

Gnarly socks.

Get Adobe Flash player

Default trumpet

Quote Originally Posted by ARBY View Post
    Glad you're alright, but you may have some frame mods to do also. That's a pretty hard hit to cream a front end like that and have no frame damage.
    Ah so true, that looks like a solid impact. Best pull it all apart and check the frame before you settle.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by longlivepunk View Post
    I love that I can get speeding tickets all the time and if I get too many my liscence is taken away, and yet some shitty-ass driver can get in as many accidents as they want and keep their liscence forever.

That makes sense.
    That's not true. If they are actually cited as being at fault in a couple wrecks the points accumulated will cause them to lose their license. Plus, all the accidents on their driving record will make it so that no insurance co. will cover them.

That said, I sympathize. The only two times I've been down on a bike is when some shitbag in a car turned left in front of me. Both hit and runs too.

Get Adobe Flash player

Yeah, that's how it's supposed to work. But it generally doesn't where I live. I know peoplw who have had several DUI's who still drive, I know people who have an accident every couple months who drive, a lot of the accidents are never brought to the attention of the cops or insurance companies. Also, where I live there are insurance companies who will cover anyone for the right price.

I just think they should be able to hit people with more serious penalties for things like at-fault accidents, distracted driving, drunk-driving, etc. and take it easier on people who drive a little fast but completely safely. I don't cut any one off, I use turn-signals, if I'm missing my turn I go around the block instead of cutting accross traffic, etc.

Get Adobe Flash player

Insurance paid for some of it. They wanted to total it out, so I wrote a letter stating my intent to repair it and put it back on the road, and they left the title clean.

I could have put it back the way it was for what they gave me, but I like the springer, sporty tank, king and queen seat, etc. Granted, it still needs work, and the insurance funds are spent, but I am stoked on the direction I am taking it.

The frame does seem fine. It is a really stout frame, and none of us could see any signs of stress.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by MadDog View Post

The frame does seem fine. It is a really stout frame, and none of us could see any signs of stress.
    Just for what it's worth, I always knew those necks were stout, but I recently cut apart the neck of my Scrambler (which I can only assume is built similarly), and it's solid cast steel that ranges from 3/16" to 5/16" thick. With the way the frame is built, any loads on the neck would bend the backbone or break off the cylinder head mount long before they'd do any damage to the casting itself, and it'd be just about impossible to tweak the neck without major evidence appearing elsewhere.

It's a pretty safe bet that your fork ate all of the impact and that the frame is fine.

Share This