CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Default Bobber - 650 into 500 will go!

Anyone had any experience of putting a 650 unit Triumph lump into the 500 unit frame - 650 frame including log book really expensive but 500 much cheaper. Any comments welcome. I want a really slim look to the bobber and this frame looks good. I only need the front part as I'm having a go at building the hardtail to go on for the first time. Should ride like a banana with my welding skills!

Get Adobe Flash player

I have put a a unit 650 into a pre unit 500 frame . But NO a unit 650 will not fit but can be made to with a little work . Both Length and hieght are to small . If you do plan on it make sure you get a post 67 frame . The early ones were just modifed 350 frame which were much like the 200 cub frame with the removable back bone .

Get Adobe Flash player

Many have tried but I've never seen one. My 500 frame had the lower tube cut out of the frame in a sad attempt to put a 650 in it, and it was a bitch to make it look stock again.

Get Adobe Flash player

Default 650 into 500 will go

Thanks for the replies. I have a friend that has a large number of the 500 frame (all years) so I am going to grab a couple and seewhat I can do. If successful I'll post some pics or just go and drown my sorrows with some quality ale!

Get Adobe Flash player

Let me know how you get on fella.... I'm currently working on a 500 pre unit and wondering if, when I ever get the bastard done, it's going to have enough poke to haul all 6.2 of me about so have been wondering about the 650 route...
    Cheers.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P1020736.jpg  

Share This