CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
Page 53 of 54 First ... 34351525354 Last

Hi guys, ya all got some great machines in here:-). Thought I'd share my rice cooker.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4315.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	293.4 KB 
ID:	96555

Name:	IMG_4321.jpg 
Size:	298.5 KB 
ID:	96556

Name:	IMG_E4320.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	299.5 KB 
ID:	96557

Best regards and get out on those wheels;-).

-jsteweii
    Last edited by jsteweii; 08-25-2019 at 1:05 PM.

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

1997 Intruder 1400

Get Adobe Flash player

New here

My ride

Name:	myBike1.5.JPG 
Views:	40 
Size:	67.4 KB 
ID:	77479

It's a 02 Virago 250. After a few tweaks it's pretty dam quick. She tops out at 80mph but she'll get there quick. Had to increase spring tension on the clutch. Even the high performance springs weren't enough. A trip to the hardware store fixed it. Then I went to full synthetic oil. 18/38 gear ratio.

I tried a 36mm carb.

Name:	myCarb1.JPG 
Views:	11 
Size:	44.5 KB 
ID:	77480

It was a little too much at low speed. But at top end she screamed. I want to go with twin 30mm with progressive linkage and see if I can get more performance that way.

I chopped the factory duel layer exhaust pipes and opened them to use the full 2 inches and then extended them with Honda 750 pipes. Perfect fit. I employed the dummy pipe as well.

I extended the the original fork two and a half inches. You wouldn't think it but what a difference. I added two inches to the vertical frame to level the bottom. Then inverted the swing arm to drop the original shocks. Home made seat rests at 19 inches. Had to mod the kickstand but it's still original too.

The windscreen and chop bought me an additional 10mph. I formed the windscreen out of Lexan and used fiberglass to build the rear fender. All in all she turned out pretty damn good.

With the mods, I figure she's pushing about 30HP. At 212 pounds she'll keep up with the big bikes if they keep to the speed limits. Weight to power ratio is nearly the same. It's a true cheap chop. I think I did the whole custom for about $400.

A Yamaha 250 wouldn't have been my first pick. When it was stock we bought it to carry on the RV. At 301 pounds the Reese hitch let me carry two of them. I had a fight with my wife and now it's a one seater.
    Last edited by jess; 06-18-2017 at 4:11 AM. Reason: left out the chop

Get Adobe Flash player

Jess, this is one of the best (if not THE best) examples I've seen, to prove my theory that "It's not WHAT you chop, its HOW you chop it" You kept your proportions in mind, minded the bikes lines, and used restraint. Your careful re-use of mostly stock parts, is a lesson for many to learn. Your bike looks as if it could have been featured in a 70's Chopper magazine, and I'm an old guy, so I love that era! Very, very cool little bike, man! You should be proud of what you did here. It makes me happy to see people hacking up small bore bikes. In an era when "bigger is better" and people seem to lose sight of WHY they ride, it's nice to know there are some bright folks out there who understand that the majority of their riding ISN'T burning up the Interstate Highway System. I have a touring bike, a Yamaha Royal Star Venture, and for what it was designed for, it is fantastic. And I put a weak 1800 miles on it last year.......I Have a Honda CB 750 based AMEN framed chopper that I ride a lot, though. To work, around town, to bike nights, and late evening putts around this beautiful little city I am so fortunate to live in. And it could be powered by an even smaller engine, and be just fine for the riding I do with it. So I admire and understand it when folks use what they have and enjoy it, rather than worry about the perceived size of their junk, and go 30 grand into debt to be as bad as every other idiot THINKS they are! Again, good stuff you have done here! I hope many follow your example.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom309 View Post
    Jess, this is one of the best (if not THE best) examples I've seen, to prove my theory that "It's not WHAT you chop, its HOW you chop it"
    Thanks, Phan. Means a lot. It turned out much better than my initial drawings. Funny the inspiration you get once you have that chop saw in your hands.

It's small, but that's some of its appeal. I go to bike nights and it's the women that seem to like it best. They ask if they can sit on it...unfortunately they mean the bike. I had a lace paint job on it. Roses. Everyone liked the paint but it was a little feminine.

Name:	myBike2.JPG 
Views:	35 
Size:	93.2 KB 
ID:	77488

That's candy apple red on antique white lace...not pink. I'll need to match my colors more thoughtfully next time.

I've been looking for scorpion or rattlesnake lace. If anyone has a source I'd appreciate the lead.

Being small it's got good range. I've put 30,000 miles on it and it's ready for a rebuild now, but in her prime with the 2.5 gal tank at 75mpg I could count on 175 miles between gas pumps.

Being small the top end suffers, but it does every speed limit in the country and has no problem accelerating. I'm getting old and my days of wanting to travel at 100mph plus are over. I'd still like a little more out of it for headwinds so I'm checking out superchargers and duel carb setups.

I'm a fan of your CB 750. Bulletproof. But I'm a foot forward rider and the inline four is just too wide for me. I'm looking for a 750 Magna engine to do a scratch build. I'll never get rid of the 250, though. I'm thinking with the supercharger she'll be a proper little bike.
    Last edited by jess; 06-19-2017 at 12:01 PM. Reason: formating

Name:	IMG_0408.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	309.5 KB 
ID:	79249my 73 CB350 bobber ( HELL BENT FOR LEATHER) wraped in hand tooled leather.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0409.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	299.9 KB 
ID:	79250

Get Adobe Flash player

^^^^^^^^^^ Now that's damn cool^^^^^^^^^ Not me but cool just the same.........

Get Adobe Flash player

Guess its a "whatever". Is "chopped" in the sense that the rake is altered from stock - in this case, to be steeper, about 20 degrees, though that's hardly relevant because it uses dual arms and ball joints up front, for a system that is much like BMW's Duolever or whatever Honda calls the setup on the 2018 goldwing.

1981 Yamaha XJ750 Seca with to many mods to list here (I did once, it took up 2 screens). Pipes are off in this picture because I just swapped out the engine (for one from a Maxim) after blowing an oil line on the original. Also upgraded front shock (busa shock vs gsx1000 for heavier spring)

My '96 Vulcan 800

Default My chops

76 CB750 with 836 kit, x-cam, 14 over twisted chrome AEE frontend Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F15B983E-2517-4AB6-8676-58ADA18F070F.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	129.5 KB 
ID:	96303

Lenny88

Name:	FB_IMG_1555327494006.jpg 
Size:	105.2 KB 
ID:	96315Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FB_IMG_1555327476357.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	58.0 KB 
ID:	96316Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190402_171054.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	294.9 KB 
ID:	96317

Here's my 750 build from last year, the frame was a stock Cb750k frame that sat in my old man's garden for around 20 years before he died. I built this out of spare parts in his shed.

Name:	IMG_20190701_231310.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	25.4 KB 
ID:	96351

1982 Kawasaki KZ440 Ltd

Get Adobe Flash player

^^^ now that is a neat bike. Not over done just clean and purpose built.

Get Adobe Flash player

CB250 I started a few years ago. Saved the rims, engine, neck and controls from the donor. Built the frame 2015-16 and have made 5 fenders, 6 seats and 3 gas tanks since. The last seat required some cutting and welding on the frame so triggered re-painting. I think I'm stopping here.

#GIRDERFRONTEND
    #LOBOPROJECT
    #CHOPPER
    #HOWTO
    #TUTORIALBUILD

This is Complete video of DIY Girder Front End, for bobber and chopper Custom Bikes..
    if you interested to this kind of Content making a chopper bobber Motorcycle Please Subscribe and hit the notification bell, so you don't missed the future uploaded videos...
    if you have suggestion and request build or parts of the bobber and chopper.. comment down below... Thanks
    https://youtu.be/nBu7cCTlAqwClick image for larger version. 

Name:	69389735_2643698468983087_4891025305470238720_o.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	317.0 KB 
ID:	96962

Get Adobe Flash player

That 5th fender is definitely the right one.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by 53Bash View Post
    Guess its a "whatever". Is "chopped" in the sense that the rake is altered from stock - in this case, to be steeper, about 20 degrees, though that's hardly relevant because it uses dual arms and ball joints up front, for a system that is much like BMW's Duolever or whatever Honda calls the setup on the 2018 goldwing.

1981 Yamaha XJ750 Seca with to many mods to list here (I did once, it took up 2 screens). Pipes are off in this picture because I just swapped out the engine (for one from a Maxim) after blowing an oil line on the original. Also upgraded front shock (busa shock vs gsx1000 for heavier spring)

This thing is insane.
    I love it!
    Not me... as Tattooo says... but ... damn! Pretty cool work.

Quote Originally Posted by hillcat View Post
    This thing is insane.
    I love it!
    Not me... as Tattooo says... but ... damn! Pretty cool work.
    You didn't put enough punctuation marks to properly quote Tattooo!!!!!!!!!!!!! Haha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Share This