Whats the fastest you've ever been on two wheels?

Collapse

Desktop Ad Forum Top

Collapse

Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BlueCollarMoto
    • Apr 2024

Whats the fastest you've ever been on two wheels?

76 RD 400. Maxed out the gage and it still was pulling when I had to take my hand off the throttle because my lid was choking me to death. I figure somewhere around 160 on a bald tire somewhere on a Illinois cornfield road back in the 80s. When your 16 its just about seeing how fast it will go. Never die, just had to be careful not to multiply back then.
  • earz
    • Aug 2009

I had my ZX6 at an indicated 153, and someone elses Hayabusa at 170 (indicated). It's tough on sportbikes because they are off by about 12%, but that was plenty fast for me in jeans/tennis shoes. Give me a full leather suit and I'll do some boneville runs no problem.

Comment

• BlueCollarMoto
      • Apr 2024

Originally posted by earz
      I had my ZX6 at an indicated 153, and someone elses Hayabusa at 170 (indicated). It's tough on sportbikes because they are off by about 12%, but that was plenty fast for me in jeans/tennis shoes. Give me a full leather suit and I'll do some boneville runs no problem.
      Leather is nice but not the cure all.

I had a engineer friend once who wanted to build a drag bike (before I was a fat ass) powered by a bottle fed turbine. Same bottles that everyone has in there shops holding O/A gas. I was into the idea but the powers that be wouldn't allow us to even demo the beast on there tracks. It was never built for that reason. I still wonder what speed four bottles of compressed air or Nitrogen would of sent me down the track at. We never even considered Bonneville at the time. I wish we did although I don't think the plan was for more than a 1/4 ml.

Comment

• XbrooklynX
        • Aug 2009

Used to own a Ducati 996 got it to 160... Owned it for about 2 weeks, the coolant tank cracked and dumped coolant all over the place, some how fed into the carbs and destroyed the whole bike...

Comment

• JaySco
          • Aug 2009

150 on a ZZR600, thats about the time I decided to trade it for something a little more mellow.

Comment

• GrayMitchell
            • Aug 2009

140 on my Kawasaki Ninja 600 when I was 17. So dumb. I dont do that shit anymore.

Comment

• NHMike
              • Apr 2024

It's an almost daily ritual to hit about 110 going over the Maine high-rise bridge on my way into work. I think the fastest I've been is around 120, when I'm over a buck I don't take too much time to look down at the speedo!! hahahahahaha

Comment

• dannyb
                • Aug 2009

120 on my buddies old honda hurricane

Comment

• Fredo
                  • Jul 2009

110 with the wife on the back of a new twinkie bagger.
                  Took a trip with some freinds From Texas into Arkasas and back. Took the wife and rented a new bagger there. She'd never been on a bike before. Somewhere in Oklahoma I asked her if she wanted to feel 100MPH on a bike, she said yes so off we went.
                  When we got home a few days later she said "I guess we need a new bike"

Moral to the story, take the Ol Lady ridding once in a while you fuckers.

WARNING! goofy fucking picture next....

Comment

• WhiteFox
                    • Aug 2009

I took my old gsxr up to about 130, anything after 110 is just a blur.

Comment

• BigDawg
                      • Aug 2009

Only about 110 on my old Softail...

I hit 90 on my stroked 4 speed Shovel yesterday. That's a totally different experience.

Comment

• jason43
                        • Aug 2009

Hit 115, according to my buddies speedo who was beside me, on my rigid Sporty chop trying to catch up to someone who missed an exit. When wobbling starts at that speed, its pretty scary...

Comment

• willythepirate
                          • Aug 2009

I did about 130 on a 2008 ducati 1098 with less than 100 miles on it. it was the first time i ever rode a sport bike and it wasnt mine so i didnt want to open it up too much. smoothest bike i ever rode tho..

Comment

• Wendy
                            • Jun 2009

Originally posted by BigDawg
                            Only about 110 on my old Softail...

I hit 90 on my stroked 4 speed Shovel yesterday. That's a totally different experience.
                            I think 95 is about all my little 4 speed shovel can go... (: Did that last weekend trying to keep up with some boys on 93"!!

Comment

• sure
                              • Aug 2009

I rode a friends turbo charge zx14 and got that baby up to around 170 before I started to shit my pants and had to back off..

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                              Working...
                              ;