CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
Page 3 of 3 First 123

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Only gone down on a motorcycle once bad and a couple times on my mountain bike, I'm pretty convinced that the helmet has saved me from greater injury. On my mountain bike I hit so hard it split the helmet in two and I still got knocked the fuck out and didn't know where the fuck I was when I came to. Without it I'd probably be speaking word salad and with my luck it would be the fruit variety. On the big bike it was an open 1/2 helmet, the bounce off the concrete was enough to more than jar my memory but I didn't black out. This could be good or bad because watching the freeway try to chew my face off as I slid and then looking up to try and figure out if I wanted to try and get run over by an Ultima or Toyota truck wasn't cool. This wreck has convinced me that I should be using a full face any time I'm running with traffic which sucks because I really prefer the feel of an open helmet. I'm waiting ever so impatiently to grab up Biltwell's Gringo when it hits the streets. I did however upgrade to a 3/4 helmet over the usual 1/2 lid or dubious full face I rattle bombed.
    Last edited by ThePete; 01-23-2013 at 1:56 PM.

Jetblack

I think it should be up to the end user; wear one or not should be a choice. Other wise it's control of grown adults making choices for them like they're children. It's not really about your personal safety, the lobby groups are concerned about, it's the revenue generation from it they want. How does one gain that revenue? Control it...all these little controls as a money generator destroy freedom of choice of adults, the more excepted that gets the more choices and freedoms get pulled.

Wear one or not; there's more behind the curtain to see.

Get Adobe Flash player

Been fortunate enough that I have only wrecked on the street once, and it wasn't really that bad.

When I was 12 I was riding a CBR, went to turn around, popped the clutch and the bike went out from under me.

All of my other have been in the dirt. Obviously wearing a moto helmet. My last one was real bad, seperated shoulder, broken sternum, 8 ribs, broken collar bone, concussion, the whole deal....didn't remember anything except baaaaaaabaaaaabaaaaaaaaaaaaa BAM!

Sucked. 2 days in the hospital....rough

BUT - with no full face I'd be dead

Get Adobe Flash player

Default here are mine

first novelty german, then bell, then icon alliance speed freak.

Get Adobe Flash player

I always wear a full face since my accident where I was rear ended at a red light 7 years ago. If it weren't for the ff helmet I was wearing, I would have gotten a mouthful of handlebars. Plus I have a wife and our first kid on the way, so it's just not worth the risk of wearing anything else.

Get Adobe Flash player

i forgot to say why i retired the german.. after i went down in another FF and saw that the shield was ground down. i always told myself that i wouldnt ride with anything less. i want to keep my face and head asphault free ..

Get Adobe Flash player

Years ago when i was going through a divorce i got heavy into booze and drugs. My head was all fucked up from my ol. I jumped on the gxr i had at the time and was gonna go rip it up for a while. My uncle who i was living with at the time asked me not to go. He knew i was fucked up.

I argued with him and he said, well your a grown man and i can't make you not ride but if you love me put your helmet on boy. I was already on the bike about to burn off. He pulled the fuckin love card on me! Goddamnit, i said alright and went in the house to get my full face dot lid. I have much respect for my uncle, he was the dad i never had so i could'nt just ignore him. I ripped outta the driveway and didnt make it around the first curve maybe 80 yards from the house. I went down hard, when i finally got up and pulled my lid off i realized it was scraped up all over the viser and cracked from the fromt to the back where my melon hit the road. Other than a shit load of road rash and a mangled bike i was fine.

I thank my uncle all the time for that day. He literally saved my life. People give me shit about wearing a full face lid, but fuck em! I will always wear a full face. I consider my helmet a part of my bike and i feel weird without it. I feel like my lid connects me closer to my bike. Maybe i'm a weirdo but i really do love my helmet.

Get Adobe Flash player

i went down with a novelty german helmet. i managed to dig a serious hole in the top side of the helmet but other then 3 herniated discs i was fine. i wear a beanie skull cap type helmet now but im really and looking into a biltwell. i just love my novelties man, really cozy

Share This