CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Good question, Ill be checkin next time. Last time I went to the local shop I didnt even look when trying them on.

Get Adobe Flash player

Ive got a daytona 3/4 helmet that is DOT it fits tight to your head so it looks pretty good on. The only downfall is they only come in three colors ,white, black, and gray. but they are cheap i gave 50.00 for mine

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by AngryCracker View Post
    I have a son on the way due in January. I don't want to leave my wife or son tragically like that.
    For everyone that's like, fuck it, you die when you die ... that's fine when it's just you but a lot of us have family who depend on us ... I definitely don't want to leave my wife and 3 little girls cause I was tryin to look cool with a pimp 3/4 novelty.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by logi View Post
    I definitely don't want to leave my wife and 3 little girls cause I was tryin to look cool with a pimp 3/4 novelty.
    That is the kind of thinking that got me to start this thread.

Get Adobe Flash player

I've got two kids, AND my helmet WAS dot approved.......in 1980..... You can die from just stepping of the curb at the wrong time.....or from smoking, so any hypocrites who talk about safety, WHO SMOKE, just lost all credibility... I'd rather get smashed on my bike rather than die slowly on oxygen machines from lung cancer. At least my family would know I died having fun.

I DON'T SMOKE....and I'm worth more dead, than alive anyways.......just ride SAFE and pick a helmet you like, dot or not.

Get Adobe Flash player

I hit a deer head on at 60 mph. I was wearing an Arai full face. The deer's teeth smacked me right on the helmet in front of my mouth. The helmet split but stayed on my head. I never went down. I am glad I had it on that day or I would be a different person today. My friends break my balls hard about spending $500.00 for an Arai. But I tell them like the old Bell ad said a $10.00 helmet for a $10.00 head. When I was younger I could have cared less about safety, but the older I get and see my friends dropping off from accidents and disease, I think a little different. Tim

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by gigastatt View Post
    I hit a deer head on at 60 mph. I was wearing an Arai full face. The deer's teeth smacked me right on the helmet in front of my mouth. The helmet split but stayed on my head. I never went down. I am glad I had it on that day or I would be a different person today. My friends break my balls hard about spending $500.00 for an Arai. But I tell them like the old Bell ad said a $10.00 helmet for a $10.00 head. When I was younger I could have cared less about safety, but the older I get and see my friends dropping off from accidents and disease, I think a little different. Tim
    you're right when you get "aged" you have to keep in mind your own security, for you of course, but for those who count, child, family, friends...

Get Adobe Flash player

I say do what you want and fuck the rest - saying that, I ride fast most of the time and an open face is not only safe but very uncomfortable at high speeds. I also hae a two year old and a wife that depend on me, truth is that Im worth more dead than alive but nothing can replace a father.
    When in town, due to taking the helmet on and off allot more I wear a Biltwell - its hot in temecula 8 months out of the year so its a hell of allot cooler than full face in stop and go traffic. When in the mountains I wear a full face always now, truly dont care about how I look, mostly sliding into a side of a mountain - fuck man Im just to pretty to mess this shit up...
    Last edited by TemeculaTerry; 11-25-2009 at 8:44 AM.

Get Adobe Flash player

I rock a full face flat black moto x helmet that is dot approved from time to time but i mostly wear a biltwell. safe or not safe i feel it's just a luck of the draw when it comes to going down on your bike back in may i went down hard in a biltwell if it wasn't for that helmet i wouldn't be replying to this post. wear what ever you feel comfortable wearing and for fucksake We ride motorcycles it's not how we go down on are bikes, It's when we go down on are bikes and WE will, you just better hope luck is on your side that day

Get Adobe Flash player

I have two full face helmets, a Nolan and an AGV. Last year I was riding on a two lane when a rock the size of a baseball came out of the dumptruck in front of me. It hit me right in the face shield of my Nolan at about 70 mph.. Had I been wearing anything less than a full face, I probably would not be here.

Get Adobe Flash player

Ive been wearing a japanese helmet made by dammtrax. Its straight outta japan and meets their regulations, but not quite ours. It is the same or even lower profile then the novelty biltwell, but even comfier I think..It also has both impact foam and soft foam..

Oh..and I payed 12 bucks for it in asia! I ended up gettin two cause they are so nice..

Get Adobe Flash player

[IMG] photo horse_zpsddc91a16.gif[/IMG]

Get Adobe Flash player

Ill give you 13 bucks for your second one. Instant profit.

Get Adobe Flash player

This has got to be some sort of record on length of time between posts....3 freakin years?

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by 2stroketim View Post
    This has got to be some sort of record on length of time between posts....3 freakin years?
    Yeah but look at it this way, shows that some people do use the search option before creating an exact thread again.

nunez8853

dude let me tell you, I had been wearing ahelmet when i got into my wreck my face would not have been as jacked up as it was. I have 10 scars across my the left side of my face and neck, had to get my nose reconstructed and my eye socket as well, 4 screws and a metal plate.

with that being said if i had a helmet on my half it wouldnt have changed the out come. 3/4 would have been better maybe my eye socket wouldnt have been so bad, and a full face i would have been cool but at the same time i might have broken my neck from the helmet. bouncing off the side of the automobile that cut me off; If I could do it over id rock the 3/4 all around town, cause your more like to slam into a car truck wall what ever cause the way i hit It would have helped alot. but id rock a full face on the interstate. cause if you fly off your bike for what ever reason your gonna roll and your gonna get fucked up bad.

just wear something man cause like others have said and i have learned something is better than nothing

half helmets are for shit

if your gonna wear anything

3/4 city

full face highway

nunez8853

FUCK i didnt even notice the date hahahahah

I feel like an ASSSSSSSSSSS hahaha :

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by revmike View Post
    In a nut shell
    I see what you did there.

I saw a pretty bad accident last summer, if the dude wasn't wearing his full face he would have sanded whatever amount of face he had left after smashing it to bits on the pavement. Because he wore a full face he survived, but also got his head stuck under an SUV. It had to be lifted to get the helmet out, he was able to unbuckle and slid out.

Get Adobe Flash player

Shit at least you can search dude - - - - still pretty funny....

Get Adobe Flash player

I have a full face DOT for sketchy bikes going fast, I also have a loser machine fake helmet. My thoughts are that a good wreck and a good helmet may let you be like christoper reeves or star in a Metallica "one" video remake. If you get wrecked or wreck good enough that helmets not covering the rest of your body

Share This