Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CRFyou
    • Mar 2010

My 1950 Triumph 6T Chop/Build

So here's the thing. I have lacked motivation on this thing. If you check my photos, I keep building bikes because I enjoy it, but this thing has been in the corner pissing me off with the amount of work I can see it becoming.

I was originally going to build it back to a stock bike, but I'm just not feeling it. Despite the fact I spent a lot of money on the proper gas tank(at least it's still valuable).

So last night while concurently posting in the Junk Pile from my ipad, and drinking beer, I began the task....

Getting a sick chop ready for Born Free 4. I'm pretty sure I could finish way before that, but adding Born Free to anything is pretty much motorcycle gold.

This thread is more to motivate me, so this first batch of photos isn't going to show any killer work. But at least it's forward progress.

Bing Bong!~!~!~!

P.S. I originally got this for free from one of my dad's employees, but I felt bad and gave him $300. So still a good price. He thought the generator was an electric start motor, so this project was a bit beyond him.

At Keith's picking up some parts on my way back from getting the bike.

If you don't own a clutch hub puller, you can either buy one, borrow one, or tap the clutch hub with a brass drift and mallet until it comes off the taper. Lightly though. I was going to borrow Tony's(Torch) but I got impatient.

I got the engine and tranny out. And Master Yoda saw that it was good.

That's it for now. But it does a lot for morale. Now I HAVE to update this thing. I have a sick sissy bar in store. One that will take home the 'Best Sissy Bar Ever Created by Man's Hands' award that I'll be giving to myself after I'm done.
  • mjasen10
    • Aug 2009

any build yoda oversees will be incredible!

Comment

• purerockfury
      • Mar 2011

that things cool fuck, look's like a bicycle frame...

Comment

• NHMike
        • Mar 2024

Looks like you've got some work cut out for you.

Comment

• Jesse13
          • Nov 2010

That yoda poster is RAD !!! I need one

Comment

• tokes61
            • Mar 2024

Nice ta see ya fixing shit insteda startin it , hope ya gonna use the sprung hub they look hot on a chop an work ok if set up right .

this build is one im gonna follow real close as im just about to start my 63 bonni build

good luck

Comment

• CRFyou
              • Mar 2010

Originally posted by Jesse13
              That yoda poster is RAD !!! I need one
              Sorry bro! It's a one off from GenCon 2007. I worked for Hasbro as their design firm/event management.

Originally posted by tokes61
              Nice ta see ya fixing shit insteda startin it , hope ya gonna use the sprung hub they look hot on a chop an work ok if set up right .

this build is one im gonna follow real close as im just about to start my 63 bonni build

good luck
              Hahahaha! I can do both, buddy!

Sprung hub is staying. Although, it's a beast of a fucking wheel.

I'm in the garage now... Cases coming apart...

Comment

• CRFyou
                • Mar 2010

Originally posted by mjasen10
                any build yoda oversees will be incredible!
                You're right! He's already showed up in ghost form and gave me a list of people to kill.

Originally posted by purerockfury
                that things cool fuck, look's like a bicycle frame...
                Totally! That's what I like about old triumphs. Simple and mechanical. Nothing too busy on them.

Originally posted by NHMike
                Looks like you've got some work cut out for you.
                Yeah... Bummed about how bad the wheels are. That's gonna cost me a lot for new rims and stainless spokes.

Comment

• tokes61
                  • Mar 2024

what size back wheel ya gonna use i had a sprung hub laced to a 16 stainless spokes was a bitch to do ,hub to close had to bend spokes on 1 side to get it

Comment

• Gepetto
                    • Aug 2009

What can you tell me about the white beach cruzer in the background.

Comment

• starwolf
                      • Mar 2024

welcome to the dark side

Comment

• Torch
                        • Jul 2009

Hey Brandon,, are you gonna put that motor back together without cleaning out the crankshaft???
                        good luck finding replacement cases when it explodes.

Comment

• CRFyou
                          • Mar 2010

Originally posted by tokes61
                          what size back wheel ya gonna use i had a sprung hub laced to a 16 stainless spokes was a bitch to do ,hub to close had to bend spokes on 1 side to get it
                          19". I love the 19" rear wheel, even on the unit bikes I build. It's all about doing 90 mph easily on an old ass bike. And since the 1950 6T is considered the world's best motorcycle ever made since the beginning of time, I'm gonna rock the 19".

Originally posted by Gepetto
                          What can you tell me about the white beach cruzer in the background.
                          Ah yes. Jenny's beach cruiser. I bought that for her from that shop on Main St. that sells affordable Chinois bikes. I paid $230 for it and she's ridden it twice. So $130 a ride. Little bitch!

Originally posted by Torch
                          Hey Brandon,, are you gonna put that motor back together without cleaning out the crankshaft???
                          good luck finding replacement cases when it explodes.
                          Thanks for being mean. I will not be using this crank and connecting rods. Babbitt bearings are not something I'm about to deal with. This bike may have been cutting edge at the time, but fucking bearings that were invented in 1839?? Not cool.

Comment

• cHiCoD
                            • Aug 2009

sweet man.
                            ring me,dooder.

Comment

• CRFyou
                              • Mar 2010

Originally posted by cHiCoD
                              sweet man.
                              ring me,dooder.
                              You'll be chasing your first chopper the rest of your life. You can't have this one, buddy. It would never satisfy you.

Cases apart. FUCKING crank gear, bullshit thing won't come off. And I hit it pretty hard. Now I have to buy Tony lunch to borrow a tool.

Who knew a Triumph had this many parts?! There's at least 20 different parts here!

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                              Working...
                              ;