3 Stars = Average
    0%
    4 Stars = Good
    0%
    5 Stars = Exceptional
    0%
  • Tito
    • May 2010

*About the STAR RATING above.....There is a little man on here who is just a little jealous of my work, so he decided to score me 1 star. I won't stoop down that low and divulge his info, but don't let that chickenshit jab of his scare you away. Read the replies from everyone who has dealt with me, and be confident that I will far exceed your expectations.

Now, my proper intro....

Most people call me Tito, and I make motorcycle headlights and taillights, among other odds and ends. I started off selling on ebay, but have found it is much easier to talk to each customer beforehand so they can get exactly what they want, and I can save them a little cash. I would rather sell to a fellow CC'er, than a random guy on ebay anytime. Most of what I work with is brass and on rare occasions I can find some copper to work with. Most of this stuff is pre-war, so the supply is definitely limited, sometimes a little battered to begin with, but each piece is unique. The last two issues of the Horse have had featured bikes with my headlights on them. There are a couple people who have started to copy what I do, but they will never have the passion and heart, and will always lack the quality and knowledge. (there may be one in the classifieds now...?)

I am not performing miracles or tuning lead into gold, but I am making good looking, solid headlights and taillights.....and I am doing it well. I have tested every style light personally on my rigid ironhead, and can attest to their fortitude. I am self-taught when it comes to metalworking, and have a whole arsenal of homemade tools to turn this nearly 80 year old soft metal into something that can survive in class on the mean streets of your town. I can either polish or naturally age the lights to look old or new, and to match any other metal or paint hues on your bike.

I can turn most vintage single beam 6 volt fog or spot lights into fully functioning 12 volt chopper lights with HI/LO, or just single beam, your choice. Either incandescent sealed beam, halogen, H4, HID, or even LED with hidden signals..... I can do it all, and most of it will look like it is the original vintage light. As for the lens and colors, Amber, yellow, orange, clear, fluted and even etched glass is all a possibility. I also generally use the modern cloth-wrapped wire in whatever color you like and the proper gauge. There are many colors to choose from, and all my terminals are properly fastened with solder and heat-shrink.

I have to mention the taillights now. I have a few sizes and styles that usually lend themselves to this sort of work and match the headlights PERFECTLY. I can use standard 1157 bulbs to keep the cost down, but my favorite is to use the super-bright Radiantz clusters to make sure that you are seen from behind. There are a variety of ways to mount these, and I usually weld in new hidden bungs, and can also make brackets to hold them to any surface of your bike, of course same goes for the headlights.

I have a LARGE amount of stock waiting for the call, and can begin on most light projects same day. I have tiny chopper headlights from 4-1/2" all the way to 8" or 9" and many sizes in between. Many of the lights I do are a typical "Bates" size and style. Turnaround is generally somewhat quick, with about a week from deposit to the time I am finished with them and on the way to the post office. Nearly always I send USPS Priority. Shipping usually includes tracking and insurance, and all of that is usually factored in as a total amount and included in my quoted price. International orders nearly all over this planet are NOT a problem whatsoever. And love my Canadian friends up north.

You may contact me through my blog at........
    http://www.merlinmerkin.blogspot.com/ (there is a direct link to my email on my blog)
    Or, you can PM me here on Chop Cult.

I appreciate your time, and hope to hear from you.
    Thanks,
    Tito

Here is a small sampling of some I have done in the recent months. (I'm obviously not a photographer, and have a small soda drinking problem)..........

Last edited by Tito; 02-09-2012, 12:44 AM. Reason: mo' pics, bettah spelling, spreading the LOVE

Comment

• REV
      • Aug 2009

thats some cool shit.

Comment

• Tito
        • May 2010

Thanks. Just finished this one...
        Modern H4 set-up, all hidden under the vintage exterior. It is bright! About 7", and perfect!

Contact me quick on here (preferred) or my blog if you want it. I have it on that auction place, but don't like to, and it would be tacky to post a link to ebay.

Blogger is a blog publishing tool from Google for easily sharing your thoughts with the world. Blogger makes it simple to post text, photos and video onto your personal or team blog.

Comment

• Tito
          • May 2010

Just finished this little taillight for a CC member. He got one of my headlights a while back, and now will have a nice matching set. Super-bright LED cluster inside. I am stoked on this little one. Going out Priority tomorrow morning. I have a few more just waiting for the right buyer....(hint hint)

Comment

• Morgue13
            • Nov 2010

Great work man!

Comment

• some1else
              • Jun 2011

nice work keep on keepin on

Comment

• Tito
                • May 2010

Thanks guys.

Going out into the garage right now to work on an extremely tiny vintage taillight, and a brass Wassell/Brit gas tank cap. I have a couple jobs lined up from here, but I love to work on multiples at a time, it actually helps the production process.

So, if you are thinking about it, get in contact and let's talk.

Tito

Comment

• Lockett
                  • Aug 2011

Thanks Tito

Super bad ass headlight!!! Thanks for the work and fast shipping. If I ever get this thing on the ground I will post some pictures.. Thanks again Tito!!

Comment

• Tito
                    • May 2010

Have two more lights in the works for some members here. They are splendid and top secret as of right now. I also have a few things on that auction place. I will not link there because that is in bad taste, but if you see something you like, I can cut you some cash off the ebay prices. You know this, man.

Brass Brit/Wassell cap

Brass Lorraine Light, very rare and cool

OG copper-plated steel light. Plated back in the day, then painted, then found in a Rancor's stomach.

Last edited by Tito; 01-22-2012, 10:10 PM.

Comment

• Flatironmike
                      • Jul 2009

thanks, Tito. good to deal/speak with and prompt expert shipping in my experience.

FIM

Comment

• Tito
                        • May 2010

Awesome. Thanks Mike. Since the handlebars were so weird, I couldn't do USPS. I hate using UPS, but they get the job done......one week at a time.

Comment

• Tito
                          • May 2010

Here is another taillight I am just finishing up for a member on here. Has the superbright Radiantz cluster in it. Not much different than the last taillight, but this one has a larger light unit in it, so it's even brighter at stoplights. I also polished the brass backplate triangle, it kinda matches the Triumph it's going on.

I really like this taillight.

Comment

• carlover77
                            • Mar 2010

What's up with the light next to the dr. pepper can? The one with the grill, how big is it and how much would one cost?

Comment

• Tito
                              • May 2010

That one went off to Atomic Trent I believe. I have only found one other, and the brand is SPEAKER. Hope that helps track oner down for you.

Thanks to the guy who gave me the 1 star. Obviously a little jealousy on here.

Bill, can you look up who gave me that rating and PM me?

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                              Working...
                              ;