Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 38knuckle
    • Jul 2010

Originally posted by lvvato
    I'm not into listening to music when I ride, but this FUCKIN RULES!
    I agree keep your mind on the road and bike at all times...less you want to end up dead on the side of the road....

Comment

• Bandersnatch
      • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Wayland137
      The music I listen to is the wind and the stupid song stuck in my head from that morning - but good idea for those who want to listen to music.
      Anyone else hear"take a load off" over and over?
      Somethin boutkickin back in on a raked out chop, hummin down the scenic route ....... Wind a roarin the troubles out yer dome. Lovin that shovel cuz its you n her and that point where the road turns to sky with your shadow brother dancing the walls of green long side yourself. The Sun rests on shoulders guiding you away from where you were to anywhere thats better than still. The sun sets to remind you that its time to chase way to a hot meal and a soft spot to lay your head. Roaming Gods green earth and drinking it in. Hear the leaves. The deer rustling in the weeds. Cicadas wind up to let you know the time is near. Scream back home And get some beer. Man my life is great.

Comment

• ThePete
        • Nov 2011

I suffer from can't hear shit already and I'm running pipes w/o baffles so I'm already screwed about the only thing that could make it worse is adding in a set of headphones and blasing my brain into mush as I am mosh pitting my way through traffic... sounds like fun I'm down! I used to have a full face with a chatter box that hooked up to my ipod when I was riding a GSX-R and it had a pretty loud pipe, go slow and the bike was too loud to hear over, go faster and the wind was too hard to hear over. Lately if I want tunes to drown out the mind numbing commute (at least till I hit some traffic) I pop in some in ear headphones, they help to block out the noise of the motor and wind and still allow me to enjoy some tunes but mostly its ear plugs, boring I know but I have to save what little hearing I have left.

Comment

• darkdesign
          • Sep 2011

i just use the ear buds the phone came with, got a mute button, phone reads me texts ( "booorn to be wiii *PICK UP MILK PLEASE BABE* iiiild")

Problem is when i ride without, the angry sewing machine has even more noises i don't understand.

Comment

• jackin1
            • Apr 2024

Good fucking idea... im on it

Comment

• blsm
              • Oct 2010

Although it has never happened, I'm always paranoid about the cord getting caught up somewhere between my pocket and dome. Also with gloves on, it is hard to find the iPod remote without yanking something loose. After a little bit of thinking, I think I found a good solution.

I just ordered a cheap remote control extention from Amazon. The plan is to tuck my little Shuffle behind the left ear flap and running one speaker on the right (I don't like riding with music in both ears). This unit will hang down and clip to my collar.

Comment

• BobberFOD
                • Aug 2011

got a biltwell 3/4. ride back and forth from dego to phx so i listen to tunes on the 6 hour cruise. even easier mode yet, go to ross (always have cheap ear buds) take your helmet with, find a set of head phones with the top strap that the speakers will fit inside the ear slots, then separate the head strap and speakers and slide em in before you ride. simple and only gotta be in there when wanted so no need to have wires dangling from your helmet at all times. used to ride with in-the-ear ear buds but after 6 hours your lobes will be sore. can even find a good pair of head phones with some soft cushy shit to keep em nice n comfy and drown out unwanted road noise. my 2 cents.

Comment

• Knuckleduster
                  • Apr 2024

In the state of Oklahoma it is illegal to wear headphones while operating a motor vehicle of any kind, as you may not be able to hear emergency vehicles sirens! Engine noises always make me all tingly in my special place though.

Comment

• patdoody
                    • May 2013

I dont know about you guys but I mainly use the earphones when riding for the gps on my phone. I have the belt clip for my otter box ziptied to the riser top clamp. Load up the map then put the ear buds in to hear the turn by turn. Worked great for my cross country trip to bornfree and for the 10times we got lost at the gypsyrun this year lol. WWWFG. Needless to say I am doing this. Going to try those blue tooth jawnies tho cause the cord is a pita. Especially at night when you cant see it whipping around.

Comment

• mosten
                      • Aug 2011

I have them in my helmets. It works when you're in traffic, but at highway speed, between the pipes and the wind noise, you can't really hear the music very well.

Comment

• pessimiste
                        • Feb 2012

i usually just put buds in real good and slide the helmet on over 'em.

I have a pair of sony that work really well; it has a button that skips / pauses
                        depending on how many times you press the button. GPS voice nav makes
                        it priceless.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                        Working...
                        ;