Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CHEN
    • Sep 2009

BOTTL: Pictures and Ride Stories ONLY

This is a thread for all the pictures and ride stories of the Brotherhood of the Traveling Lid. This thread will contain only pics and stories, so you guys can check here to track the lid down instead of shuffling through the 30 pages of the original thread.

The moderators will be helping to delete any posts in this thread that aren't BOTTL Pics or Ride Stories, so please save them the trouble, and don't post unless you had the helmet and are doing a write-up for your time with it.

Enjoy!

Originally posted by ChoppyGee
    So I had a idea (admittedly its potentially fuck'n retarded) But here goes.

first I thought of a simple part someone could hurry and bolt on their bike take it for a good ride take photos and write a little trip report and send it on its way to the next guy who would repeat the process...Cool concept but I didn't think a bike component would be a very good idea. So I think a helmet would be much better. The differing head size could prove to be an issue but I figured I could get a Biltwell lid and we'll really put their "one size fits most" to the test.

So here's the Deal:

If there's enough dudes interested I'll pull the trigger and buy a brain bucket.

Then I'll take it for a ride put and sticker on it and send it to the next guy, once he gets it he'll take it for a ride put a stick on it send it on to the next bro. and so on. See where we can get it and how long we can keep it going.

If you want your name on the list just say so here but if you're on the list here's the rules.

You must take the lid for a trip of a minimum 200 miles.

You must Add a sticker to the Lid

You must pay for the shipping to the next bro or ride it to him (which would be bad ass if we could get it from place to place all on two wheels) its your responsibilty to get it there.

You must take at least one photo of you and the lid on your ride and a small story or write up about it.

If you keep the lid, i will hunt you down and do everything in my power to get you shunned from CC.

I realize it might get kinda nasty so many heads in it so please disinfect it after you wear it and just to be safe disinfect it before you use it.

Anybody interested??

Official Brotherhood roster, if I missed you or you'd like to be added PM me with your location.
    I tried to go west to east but I failed Geography when i was young.

Oildevil-Coalinga, CA
    Motorradfaher- Long Beach, CA
    Pantsbeer- Sacremento, CA
    ArmyMedic74-Fort Irwin, CA
    RockinRyan-Riverside, CA
    JoeNots-Oakland, CA
    Twinkies- San Diego, CA
    Kocuma-San Diego, CA
    Revelator-Lawndale, CA
    Finkit-El Segudo, CA
    Rustrocket84-Wildomar, CA
    mixdwell-Costa Mesa, CA
    EnglandStGarage- Huntington Beach, Ca
    dudehellya- Huntington Beach, Ca
    hugodv01- Downey, CA

Toecutterp-Wenatchee, WA
    Shameless- Seattle, WA

Scotty Look- Grants Pass OR

RudeHog- Las Vegas, NV
    IamSlime-Las Vegas, NV

RobHall-Phoenix, AZ

Sportster Mike- Clovis ,NM

Revmike- Salt Lake City

Calicruise-Colorado Springs, CO
    Justin666-Littleton,CO

Greasestain- Austin, TX
    The Demon-Forth Worth, TX
    choppersrgay-Amarillo, TX
    JoshuaAdamBoyd-Mckinney, TX
    Troubleleather1, Brownwood, TX

doc14- Ponca City, OK
    Bulldog-Tulsa, OK
    Jettajt-Newkirk, OK.
    IronHollie-Grove City, OH

Justafrurnaceman- Fort Leonard Wood, MO

Imperialhouse71-Sparta, IL
    blackedout- Springfield IL

sure-Indianapolis,IN

mlpsdave- Bloomington, MN
    dannyb- St Cloud MN

Motoguro- Detroit, MI
    Motorcityoutlaw, Detroit, MI
    belldorado-Kalamazoo, MI

Chen-Boston, MA
    Redsox76- Boston, MA
    inxs-Sunderland, MA
    Isgro-Worchester,MA
    Booty-Plymouth, MA

MsHeather- Edgewood,MD

NHMike-Newmarket NH

TOOL-Dingmans Ferry, PA
    Infidel0341-Manheim, PA
    lang's-Philadelphia, PA
    Stewy-Philadelphia, PA

Avastyematey-Providence, RI(Bike is down for the season but still in the game, get wrench'n matey!)

Rockaphilly, Brooklyn, NY
    Gigastatt-Rochester,NY
    JKJ-Dover Plains, NY

Bobbedout, Inwood,WV
    smokey469-Blacksburg, VA

Gofastmoto-Kennesaw, GA
    Bigdawg- Buford, GA (metro Atlanta)

Beezerglide-Huntsville, AL
    Garco-Birmingham, AL
    Ridemore16-Birmingham, AL

Ed-Wilmington-NC
    Twisty Mcfisty-Kill Devil Hills, NC

Spoke Jacksonville, FL
    Wardan123- Bonita Springs, FL
    Framus-St. Petersberg, FL
    bhead1968-Lauderdale/Miami, FL
    Lord- Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
  • CHEN
    • Sep 2009

Choppy's Story

Ok guys here we go!

Got up this morning and it was sunny just like the forecast had said but it was no were near warm so I bundled up best I could and set out. It's a Tuesday all my friends don't live here and have stuff going on during the day (I work all night) so I was lone wolfing this one.

I pointed the Sporty Northwest on a little highway running to Utah and decided to go surprise my girlfriend at work a Hundred miles away.

It was FUCKING cold guys and, the parts of my body that I was worried about were fine and the parts I didn't think too much about suffered. I had a pair of cotton gloves under a pair of lined leather gloves and my hands were still Ice but it was ok the roads were dry and i was the only one on them living it up with Lucero in the headphones.

Then I got to a construction area where traffic was being directed and moving slowly through the work. If nothing else guys this Sparkly ass helmet is a Grin maker. Every worker or passing motorist was staring at my chromed dome with one of those Christmas Morning type smiles. Its pretty funny.

After that the flow picked up again and i past the built up congestion of cars and left them way behind. That is until a i saw a sea of black and white flooding the entire road......welcome to fall in Wyoming folks, where the highway isn't just for people. Thats right they were driving cattle down the road so I came to a stop and then came engulfed by the bolvine. I'm not sure who was more puzzled by my Iron Steed the cows or, the cowboys behind them.
    (I don't know what i was thinking but i didn't get any photos of this part sorry!)

The worst part of the encounter was after the wave of beef was past me I had to naviagate through a mine field of shit that stretched for miles, which really are like Claymore mines when you hit them at 70 plus.
    A while after that I got to Bear Lake, Utah. Which is a very large very blue lake with many small resort towns that surround it, all of which are completely dead this time of year, none the less definetely one of my favorite views of the ride.

*The Lid Above Bear Lake

After you climb out of the Valley at which Bear Lake is the bottom of you're in Logan Canyon. LC is one of my favorite rides in the summer with its 37 miles of twists and turns in the middle of many Limestone and Granite Geological wonders. I've never rode it in the fall before, it was still beautiful but it got fuck'n knarly. It had rained the night before and there are some parts of the canyon that never see sun which at this time of the year I learned makes black Ice....The Rearend started to get away from me a few times but i slowed it down and dodged the little black holes of doom and dead skunk carcasses that littered the canyon.

*one of the sunny spots of Logan Canyon

*Show'n the guard rail whats up.

I got out of the canyon alive and it dumps down into Cache Valley, and Logan Utah, my home town and where everyone important to me lives. I headed to Utah State University where my girlfriend goes to school and its also where the lab she works at is. Parking a bike without a parking pass is an adventure itself. I finally found a public meter and went to see my lady.

*safety first in the lab.

To Be Continued....
    After a little bit with my girl I suited back up but needed less now it had warmed up which was still alot

*Ridiculous haha.

The ride home was much more pleasent the roads were better and I could really hit the twists pretty good and had a fun ride that I really needed.

It was pretty uneventful for the middle part just enjoying the ride and a tune from the zune.

This photo may not look like much but it was the most exciting part of the ride. In nowhere town, Utah i stopped in front ofthis tiny shack that proclaims itself to be the "Smallest Store in The World" and I wouldn't despute it too much the pickup next to it was wider and long than the shop. I was just pulling out my camera when a man emerged and said " Ya cantah make of a pichurr ovv eet less'n you bii sum-thin" And I told him I would buy something if he put the lid on and let me take his photo. to which he replied " I ain't putt'n yer dis-skoo bull on ma heed". I was laughing at him pretty hard and then went to take the photo of the shop anyways when he started running after me and thus this picture was born. Perhaps next time I pass it I'll get to snap a real shot. the next 22 miles home is just open road with no one on it so for about half of it i went ton up and the other half I let my legs dangle and just enjoyed the day.

When I got home I set off to find a sticker that just say Wyoming...there's only one thing that says that.

Sorry its so damn big but, its the only one that I could find so feel free to put sticks on top of it. As for the lid itself, I've never wore a Biltwell before, It was super comfy super lightweight, not too much air noise fit me pretty well and looks fuck'n great....if only it were DOT

I had fun hopefully you guys can enjoy my story a little nothing to exciting its up to you guys to crank up the party factor! I want to see someone drink a brew from this thing before we're done I want to see you get a cop to wear it let's see some crazy shit!! stay tuned lets see what the East Coast can do with it.

Once again I'd like to Thank Bill and Mike D. Along with the rest of Bitlwell. Great guys great stuff, great company. Look forward to see this thing grow!

Oh and total miles so far 231.6

Comment

• CHEN
      • Sep 2009

Sorry for the delay boys. I know it seems like I've had this helmet forever, but work and weather got in the way.

So the story starts on Friday the 13th (11/13/09), I receive the package

I had a ride planned out, but it was cold and raining out all weekend. I wanted to take the lid out for a ride right when I got it, but the rain had already started....so instead I stayed in and found a sticker and took some pics

So I have this really random sticker that my sister gave me that I decided to use as my contribution to the helmet. So its a sticker of a bootleg Chupa Chups lollipop that says China Candy on it LOL. I'm gonna assume that I'm one of the few Asian dudes on the site, so my Bootleg China candy shall remind you all of me

Comment

• CHEN
        • Sep 2009

So like I mentioned before, it rained all weekend, and I didn't get to go on the 200 mile ride i planned. That kinda bummed me out because I work Monday-Friday 9 to 6, and not only is it freezing up in Boston now, but it also gets dark at 4:30.

I really want to get this thing moving along so I don't want to hold it until this weekend to do a long ride. But I thought about my time with the helmet, and I had been using it for the past few days as I would my regular helmet. I'm pretty sure in that time I've traveled at least 100 miles with it just in and around the city, and I'll be meeting up with NH Mike tomorrow to pass it off 80 miles or so away, so that should round off my 200 miles nicely.

Because I used the helmet as I would my everyday helmet, I have no ride pictures or crazy ride stories....sorry. But for the past 5 days, the helmet was treated like it was my own, and experienced plenty, but for the sake of a picture post and documentation that it was in Boston, I took the lid sight seeing tonight. I figured when we look back at this to see where the lid has been, landmarks and other city areas would be cool to look at.

So here we are by the waterfront with the Clock Tower behind us:

Boylston Street with the Prudential Center in the back:

In Front of the State House:

Chinatown

I thought of a really cool picture at Fenway Park, but it didn't come out as awesome as I hoped. There is a statue of Ted Williams in front of Fenway putting a cap on a little kid. I thought it'd be neat if I could get the lid over the cap, so it looks like he's putting our Traveling Lid on the kid, but turns out the cap on the statue was a bit too big:

I took this picture right before that, and before i white balanced it. I liked how it came out, but forgot to get the lid in there (DOH!), but here it is anyway haha:

So last stop on the tour, we stopped by the garage where I do all my work on the bikes. The garage doubles up as a skatepark:

Inside the shop area with all the bikes:

This is my garage buddy Chris' Triumph with the lid. This thing is gonna be sexy when its all done....it already looks awesome and it doesn't even have bars or paint on it yet!

Here is the lid with my godforsaken CM400 project that I can't seem to get running. Hopefully the lid has blessed it, and I can get it fired up once I get my new stator this weekend:

And finally here is the lid atop of the '76 CB750 engine I just finished cleaning up:

I hope ya'll enjoyed the pictures, even though I had no crazy ride story to go with it haha. I will be riding to New Hampshire to meet up with NHMike tomorrow, then it will be in his hands. Looks like we'll have good weather this weekend, couple that with Mike's ambition to get this done, and we should have a new post up as soon as this weekend!

Godspeed to all of you, treat the helmet well!

Comment

• NHMike
          • Apr 2024

Third Leg - NHMike

OK, so I'm no photographer OR writer, so my shitty skills can't be questioned, hahahaha.

Before I left my place, I needed to check my chain. I knew it was in pretty bad shape and not having the dough for a new one right now I had to take my chances. Here's what I thought about the entire ride.

Met up with Chen in Seabrook, NH around 1:30 on Thursday afternoon. Talked for a bit and then hit the road.

Here's my ride in the fore, and Chens SICK 750 in the back.

Route 107 was right where we met and that would take me right up to Laconia, groud zero for the oldest Bike Week in America so you KNOW I had to stop there. Anyhow, 107 is one of the BEST rides in NH, in my opinion. Tons of twisties and hardly any stop signs or traffic lights. This is a bulk of my ride, taking up about 100 miles or so.

Some pics of me riding and stopping along 107.

I finally made it to Laconia around 5 after a few stops along the way for the sights and once for gas. At this point it was really starting to get cold as it's getting dark and I don't have my cold weather gloves. I had planned on heading out to the Maine coast after Laconia, but it was just TOO damn cold so I decided to head over to Dave (Homebrews) place. About an hour ride. I didn't grab any pics as it was too dark and I was too fucking cold! hahaha

So I've got about 160 miles on this bad boy. I'm figuring I'll get the rest when I meet whoever is getting it next. I also need to find a sticker to put it on, that's tomorrows plan.

As far as the lid? What a comfortable helmet!! And the metal flake looks fuckin' awesome!! I'm definately gonna pick one up sooner or later.

Thanks for letting me a part of it!

Last edited by Guest; 11-20-2009, 8:12 PM.

Comment

• CHEN
            • Sep 2009

JKJ's rad ride story and pics

Originally posted by JKJ
            So I did my ride today and with fairly decent weather! I rode by myself so I only took a few pictures and ended up a little over 150 miles so shy of the 200 mark but after the sun goes down a guy can't feel his fingers! I met up with BobT in upper redhook at the end and passed off the lid and a t-shirt. I started out in amenia and headed south on Rt. 22 down into pawling. I then cut over to Conn. and hit Rt. 7 north. My first stop was in gaylordsville,

Photobucket

I continued on through Kent and stopped at a small railroad/mining museum,

Photobucket

Photobucket

I kept north on Rt. 7, if you live near west Conn. it's a very nice ride! Lots of places to stop, eat and great views! Anyway, next I stopped at Kent Falls

Photobucket

and for you artistic and thoughtful types,

Photobucket

After my stop at Kent Falls I continued to Sharon, CT and made my way back into NY. I passed through Millerton and headed north to Pine Plains (where they had that hostage standoff at the school a few weeks ago, my old high school.....nice right) and then hauled ass west on 199 into Redhook to meet up with BobT. BobT is a super cool guy! He has very cool sporty and a pretty sick trump project. I plan on hooking up with him in the spring to do some riding in the catskills. I had a great time on the ride and froze my ass off on the way home but was happy to participate in such a cool event. My ride wasn't terribly exciting but I am psyched that I was able to get a ride in in Dec. usually we have snow by now! Thanks and I hope everyone has a safe ride with the lid and a happy and safe holiday season!! JKJ

Comment

• MikeD
              • Jul 2009

Bump, someone please post some pics or stories. I know someone has done something with that lid in the last 2 months.

Comment

• BobT
                • Aug 2009

my ride with the lid

Sorry for such a delay on my ride story. My camera crapped out on me after a couple of pics.

I got the lid from JKJ at the end of his ride. I took it the next day after about 6 inches of snow got dumped on the Hudson Valley for about a 130 mile ride. My original plan was to take it up in the catskills, but the road conditions at higher elevation prevented that. Instead I took it up and down the river. I rode north from Red Hook Ny up and over the Rip Van Winkle Bridge. Road rt 23 out into the foothills of the catskills. Rode around there until the road conditions forced a new direction.

I double backed and took 9W south from the town of Catskill through Saugerties and Kingston (it is a little crappy through there). I continued south on 9W through Esopus and Highland. The walkway accross the Hudson was just completed and I made a stop there. If you are ever in Poughkeepsie or Highland I suggest taking a half hour and walking it. Awesome.

I then took one of my favorite bridges, The Mid-Hudson, into Poughkeepsie. Poughkeepsie is a lovely town. It is full of lame attempts of gentrification and is the Duchess County seat.

From Pughkeepsie I went north on rt9 through Hyde Park and Staatsburg. In Staatsburg I took a detour to show the lid the Hudson River on more time. I rode through Rhinecliff which is a little hamlet right on the water. From there I took a back road north through Rhinebeck, Annodale and then home to Red Hook. A total of a little more than 130 miles. Short of the 200, but all things considered not a bad ride.

Things I learned from this experience. No matter how big you think your testicles are, they shrivel to almost nothing while riding on 30 degree weather. Hitting slush once and almost going down is not fun, but four times is a little ridiculous. I need warmer gloves.

Thanks for the adventure. Good luck to the rest of the riders.

Photobucket
                Photobucket
                Photobucket
                Last edited by BobT; 06-10-2010, 10:47 AM.

Comment

• ed
                  • Aug 2009

So I received the helmet from "lxlmariuslxl" in the mail on 1-21-10. Was super stoked to have the lid in my posession. Never really thought it would ever make it to me anyway, but it was here, and my turn to take it for a spin. The funny part is is that I do not own my own bike, maybe one day but not today.(more on this later)

This is where my close buddy Brad comes in. Brad has two bikes and one that we are working on as a project together. So, He comes over to eat with my midget and me while our ladies are out together. After dinner and after I put the midgit to bed, I bust out the helmet and tell him the whole back story and everything. He is stoked on the whole thing, the helmet, the ride, the story everything. So we make our plans to ride.

my midget

So after getting the greenlight from those who are ultimately in charge (the ladies) we set the time for early Sunday morning.

This would be our first ride with any real distance and I was excited. You would have thought X-mas was the next morning because I really don't remember sleeping all that well. Got up got ready and headed over to Brad's to get the bikes and hit the road.

I don't know how much you guys know about South Eastern North Carolina but it is flat with lots of pine trees. No matter which way you go it all looks the same. So we decided to head north and try and go to some of the beaches further up the coast.

That's my Gennie!

helmet just relaxing in the sand.

WE rode around on the beaches for awhile, again more straight , flat roads till it was time to head back home. to meet up with the rest of our tribes for lunch. Should of gotten a shot of HELMET with a plate of fried chicken, BBQ and slaw. Would have been nice.

All in all it was a great ride, nothing crazy except for alot of heavy wind on the ride home, but could have been rain or snow, so I am not complaining.

Big Thanks to the ChoppyG for the the great Idea and to the Biltwell guys for the great helmet.

Even bigger thanks to my buddy Brad for always letting me ride the bikes. Great buddies are hard to find, especially ones that let you ride thier bikes.

Added another 175 to the total miles. Will make up the last 25 as penance.
                  Last edited by ed; 01-26-2010, 6:51 PM.

Comment

• ed
                    • Aug 2009

Few more photos

Buddy Brad

ME

letting HELMET bless our project.
                    Last edited by ed; 01-26-2010, 6:58 PM.

Comment

• billdozer
                      • Apr 2024

Here's some help on the pics.
                      Attached Files

Comment

• billdozer
                        • Apr 2024

Last couple. Thanks Ed.
                        Attached Files

Comment

• billdozer
                          • Apr 2024

Temecula to Palm Springs Handoff

So Motorradfahrer rode the lid out to us yesterday from Long Beach to Temecula. Not much story there, we took him to our favorite gut buster lunch and enjoyed shooting the shit. Thanks, Moto!

Today I met up with LBfam730 about 7:30 or so and we rolled out through the hills and took a route suggested by Rustrocket I'd never taken Wilson Valley Racetrack (I mean, uh, road). That one is going into the mix and will get used often, thanks RR.

The rest of the route is stuff I'm pretty familiar with. We shot a couple goofy pics out in Wine Country with the balloons all over the place. Should have brought my .22! Tim took the helmet at that point and rode with it the rest of the way on his sporty with no seat. We hauled ass into Palm Springs where meeting up with Sleds & Sickles Eric was easy. We did the swap and he rode with us back through town to the highway where we did my favorite part of the ride, going uphill out of Desert Center on the 74. It's fun coming down, but way more fun on the ascent since you are on the pipe not the brakes.

So, it was a successful mission if not terribly exciting. No midgets or hookers or anything cool like that, but it was good to ride with Tim for the first time and was a great excuse to burn up a saturday morning on some good backroads.

Comment

• Motorradfahrer
                            • Aug 2009

Last week I received the lid from Andy/ClassicCycles. I had the great idea of taking the lid to the college that I work at thinking I could get some cool photos of it on campus. The lid sat in my office waiting to go outside and see all the ladies.

Unfortunately, I couldn't find a cute girl willing to pose with the lid and have her image posted on Chop Cult for you all to ogle at. Sorry RudeHog! Instead I took a picture of the lid next to one of the signs on campus.

Needless to say, both the lid and I were pretty upset that no girls would consent to having their picture taken. So after work the lid and I talked it over and decided that we needed a drink. CreepyJack13 drove down to meet us at the Pike.

The lid on CreepyJack13's FXR.

Last edited by Motorradfahrer; 02-13-2010, 5:20 PM.

Comment

• Motorradfahrer
                              • Aug 2009

CreepyJack13 and I tried to console the lid; telling it that girls love metalflake and that the rejections that we experienced on campus were a fluke.

'Lo and behold a girl did come up and flirt with the lid. She thought it was an old Buco; I quickly corrected her telling her that it was a Biltwell. She responded that she loved "those vintage Biltwell helmets." The cute ones aren't always the smartest of the pack, so CreepyJack13 and I let that comment pass. I forgot to ask the girl if she wanted to pose with the helmet. We went back to drinking.

The next day I rode down to Biltwell to hand off the lid. I pulled over to get some gas and took a picture to prove that the lid was indeed in CA. Notice the smog behind the palm trees.

Any of you who've driven down the 15 in So Cal know that it's a boring route and will understand why I didn't take any other pictures of my ride.
                              I arrived at Biltwell HQ and passed off the helmet to MikeD. I could hardly stand to pass on the lid; we'd had some good times together. We laughed, we cried, we drank together. In short, we'd bonded. So I decided to get an exact copy of the lid so that I wouldn't feel too bad.

Thanks to ChoppyGee for coming up with the idea of passing off the lid, Andy/ClassicCycles for passing it off to me, CreepyJack13 for joining me and the lid for a drink, and MikeD and Bill for feeding me!
                              Last edited by Motorradfahrer; 02-13-2010, 5:21 PM. Reason: spelling errors

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                              Working...
                              ;