CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
Page 4 of 7 First ... 23456 ... Last

Thread: Homemade Tools

Deadweight

Quote Originally Posted by Cory View Post
    That is a fuckin' awesome idea! Gonna make one up right away. Thanks!
    Hell yeah! There isn't a tool in this thread I wouldn't make. they are all fuckin' bad ass, thanks fellas.

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by moespeeds View Post
    Radius turning tool for my lathe, copied the design from a youtube video I saw. I take off my cross slide and this bolts right on.

can you show more on how you made this? iwould love to make one of these for the lathe i use! i only have a 3 jaw chuck so putting a square piece in there might present a problem

Get Adobe Flash player

english wheel/planishing hammer made from junk and a harbour freight air chisel.
    Pressure tester for gas tanks and such
    Tucking forks and a mallet

Get Adobe Flash player

grey fox pelt in the back ground?

Get Adobe Flash player

Grtdane99, on the planishing hammer, do you rubberband the trigger or something? and what is a tucking fork? maybe im an idiot, ive never heard of it.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by cros36 View Post
    Grtdane99, on the planishing hammer, do you rubberband the trigger or something? and what is a tucking fork? maybe im an idiot, ive never heard of it.
    Ive got the trigger hose clamped but i made a peddle control out of pneumatic a blow gun, i ll take a pic two to show it better. Here is a link to tuck shrinking

http://allshops.org/cgi-bin/communit...=9980135631440

Get Adobe Flash player

Harley is pretty good about plugging up the thread holes in the frames, but on my 07 sportster the dude had put the forwards on and missed putting one plug back into the mid control spot. That hole was pretty nasty, rusty. I Wd40 it and sprayed it out but I couldn't get the bolt to thread in.
    I do not have a tap and die set, so 30 seconds with a hack saw, and a triangle file and I did this. Worked like a charm,
    Last edited by ibuiltmine; 02-24-2012 at 2:54 PM.

Get Adobe Flash player

thats pretty sweet. ive thought about doing that but never thought that it would work. also, i usually get my taps one at a time instead of a set thats gonna have a bunch of shit that you will never use.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by cros36 View Post
    thats pretty sweet. ive thought about doing that but never thought that it would work. also, i usually get my taps one at a time instead of a set thats gonna have a bunch of shit that you will never use.
    I should get some taps. If your carefull they will work to clean threads. I had a set of thread cleaners at my last job they are way diferent then a tap.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by TimB1640 View Post
    grey fox pelt in the back ground?
    no man it was a middle size coyote adds some character to my little mancave huh?

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by Grtdane99 View Post
    no man it was a middle size coyote adds some character to my little mancave huh?
    i would LOVE to take one with my bow and make a rug out of it! i've taken 3 grey fox with my bow
    Last edited by TimB1640; 04-29-2012 at 4:37 PM.

Get Adobe Flash player

not really a home made tool but i did come up with another use for a pipe cutter. i f you need to make a square cut on a piece round tubing you can use the pipe cutter to mark it then it's just a matter of following the line. works pretty good too! and you don't really need a sharp one as long as it doesn't "walk" the tubing or pipe you will get a good square mark on the piece

Get Adobe Flash player

This thread rules.

Here's my contribution. Not really a tool as much as a different use for a tool. I needed a tool to stop my pulley from turning as I tried to get the nut off. My solution was to use a C-Clamp clamped to the pulley and jammed up against a bolt head. Worked like a charm. The nut came off in like 2 seconds with the impact wrench.

Get Adobe Flash player

i just came up with another tool modification for the jd2 notchmaster. i needed to cut a coped cut on a bend and i just couldn't get the saw where i needed it even with the swag off road upgrades i just bought so i took the old plate that the shaft housing bolts to and i put it in the new hole that i drilled for the reach around arm and i put a 1/2" shim in and it gave me a lot moe versatility with it and if i had to i could use different thickness shims for even more adjustment

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by TINGLER View Post
    This thread rules.

Here's my contribution. Not really a tool as much as a different use for a tool. I needed a tool to stop my pulley from turning as I tried to get the nut off. My solution was to use a C-Clamp clamped to the pulley and jammed up against a bolt head. Worked like a charm. The nut came off in like 2 seconds with the impact wrench.

damn man that is so simple and ive spent tons of time finding scrap to cut and bind that sucker down and all i needed was a freakin c clamp. nice one!

Get Adobe Flash player

Bump, she do the bump-she-bump! The bump-she-bump!

Ooo, mile!

But seriously, this thread is too awesome to fall into obscurity. Has anyone come up with anything new lately?

kk

Not lately

Get Adobe Flash player

Wheel Vice made out of scrap steel and a C clamp
    Photobucket
    Bike lift made from a car jack
    Photobucket
    this photo is not my stuff, but it's cool as hell
    Photobucket

Get Adobe Flash player

Here's one every builder should have, simple bike jack to support the bike or raise the rear wheel when on the lift table.

Step 1, go to the junk yard and ask for a lightweight scissors jack from a compact car. My place gave me 3 to choose from, $10. Each

Step 2, assemble your parts. I had a piece square tubing from a weight bench someone was throwing away. I cut a window out for clearance, and welded a piece of 1/2" ID. Steel tubing to the pivot point of the jack. I drilled a hole through the side of the square tubing and put it all together with a bolt and lock nut. Works awesome! Cheap and simple.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by SDJose View Post
    This is what I used to remove and replace the trans sprocket nut on a Sporty. I found the idea on the interweb and copied it.

I'm sure everyone has some scrap flat bar, a section of old chain, and a hand drill with drill bits in their garage.

On my Evo I placed the non chain end of the tool onto the bigger stud located forward and to the bottom of the sprocket. It makes the job EASY if you don't have anyone helping you in the garage!

Photobucket
    Slick

Share This