Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lastcall
    • Aug 2011

Insurance...need advice!!!

Is anybody out there riding with full coverage ? Liability is all I ever had on my last two bikes but I would really like more on this one. I have a ton of blood, sweat, and $$$$$ into it and if it get ripped off or hit I'll be left with nothing.... The problem I'm having is, that its a Paugcho frame vin # so it puts it into the "special construction" category, and doubles the cost. Where are you guys insuring your bikes? My best quote is $2400 a yr!!! Thats full coverage up to $25k. Any help would be really cool. Thanks...
  • VonMisfit
    • Apr 2011

did you try markel?

Get the best motorcycle insurance at an affordable price with Markel Specialty. Start a free motorcycle insurance quote today.

Comment

• lastcall
      • Aug 2011

Originally posted by VonMisfit
      I just did. They need your bike to have blinkers, a front fender, and you cant have apes. Stock bars only. Thanks for trying though...

Comment

• Hutch
        • Sep 2009

I work for a large insurance company and writing a special construction bike is expensive to do for sure. My brothers policy for his bike with a kraft-tech frame and his was about $1,400 or something like that for "full coverage". I would try some bigger companies to see what they say, but unfortunately that is kind of the deal.

Comment

• lastcall
          • Aug 2011

Originally posted by Hutch
          I work for a large insurance company and writing a special construction bike is expensive to do for sure. My brothers policy for his bike with a kraft-tech frame and his was about $1,400 or something like that for "full coverage". I would try some bigger companies to see what they say, but unfortunately that is kind of the deal.
          Well thats $1000 less then what I have found. I would be fine with $1400 and "full coverage" !! Can you msg me a contact # ?? Thanks.

Comment

• coldsmokejr
            • Sep 2010

I have full coverage on all 4 bikes through Progressive, and was able to insure the 2 "customs" for what I wanted, I think it's $820/year for all 4, seems they know bikes pretty well. I gotta have full coverage because of all the fuckin deer up here.

Comment

• lastcall
              • Aug 2011

Originally posted by coldsmokejr
              I have full coverage on all 4 bikes through Progressive, and was able to insure the 2 "customs" for what I wanted, I think it's $820/year for all 4, seems they know bikes pretty well. I gotta have full coverage because of all the fuckin deer up here.
              That sounds very affordable. I'm in California though and that changes the price quite a bit. I will give them a call. Thanks man.

Comment

• VonMisfit
                • Apr 2011

Originally posted by lastcall
                I just did. They need your bike to have blinkers, a front fender, and you cant have apes. Stock bars only. Thanks for trying though...
                uhhhh fuck i dont have any of that shit anymore ahhahaha

Comment

• SeaChicken
                  • Oct 2010

I would recommend Progressive, they hook me up through USAA auto and I get a military discount. I think I'm only paying about 18 a month for full coverage, roadside and medical in case I get hit and the navy japs out on my med.

Comment

• vnygra
                    • Aug 2010

Originally posted by SeaChicken
                    I would recommend Progressive, they hook me up through USAA auto and I get a military discount. I think I'm only paying about 18 a month for full coverage, roadside and medical in case I get hit and the navy japs out on my med.
                    Is that on a custom build though? As in a bike where you had to apply for a VIN and do that whole deal??

Comment

• HFMC
                      • Feb 2010

I have Allstate for my bikes. I had a SPCNS insured through them, and it was cheaper than my Harleys. It just depends on how much you want it insured for. Allstate is about half what every other company quoted me, but I've been told Allstate charges quite a bit more for new policies. It'd be worth a try though.

Comment

• lastcall
                        • Aug 2011

Originally posted by HFMC
                        I have Allstate for my bikes. I had a SPCNS insured through them, and it was cheaper than my Harleys. It just depends on how much you want it insured for. Allstate is about half what every other company quoted me, but I've been told Allstate charges quite a bit more for new policies. It'd be worth a try though.
                        Cool man, i'll give them a call today.

Comment

• RRAL
                          • May 2011

Don't know about special constructio ... But I have found Rider Insurance had the best deal on insurance, worth a call.

Comment

• Bandersnatch
                            • Dec 2011

Also helps to have multiple policies with the same company( duh). Had 4 vehicles once and was cheaper than 3. Just sayin.

Comment

• OakBehringer
                              • May 2011

Originally posted by SeaChicken
                              +1 on Progressive... I'm paying about $25/mo for full coverage on a couple bikes w/o any special discounts like that. I have my Jeep Cherokee insured through them, too.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                              Working...
                              ;