Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sumo
    • Jul 2009

I don't see why it's less legitimate to build a 90s bike than it is to build a 60s or 70s bike, other than because that's not what the cool guys are building this week. always amuses me how small minded people are with their taste in bikes, I like all sorts of stuff. lets be honest...I wasn't alive in the 60s, neither were the majority of you, the decade didn't influence me...

as for choppacycle, was very much tongue in cheek, call it a chopper and people get their pants in a twist that it's not a chopped frame, call it a bobber and their g-string starts chafing its not a bobber stock bike etc etc. cant win eh

Comment

• Deadweight
      • Apr 2024

Looks fine to me. And I agree about the small minded, period correct shit. This bike will be killer when yer' done.

Comment

• YOURADHERE
        • Jan 2011

I dig it. What are those front forks? Looks to be inverted forks off a modern sport bike.

Comment

• coldsmokejr
          • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Deadweight
          Looks fine to me. And I agree about the small minded, period correct shit. This bike will be killer when yer' done.
          +1

Comment

• BillyT
            • Dec 2010

Funny thing about people always spouting off their opinions on stuff like this, if they truly didn't care, we just wouldn't see a word from them. But they care, to make sure you know how they "don't care".

Being cool enough to truly not care is whole other level type shit.

I think this thing kicks ass. I loved Russ Mitchell's bikes. Not afraid to say it either... Those early years on Discovery Channel were a huge influence on me as a builder... Not so much the style of bike I like, but the way I approach building at all, cars, bikes or otherwise. Fuck all the haters.

Frankly, I'm getting tired of all the bearded, vested, flipped bill, swazi, sheep looking, period correct mfer's anyway. Just like the hipsters... trying to stand out, by looking exactly like the guy next to them.

Comment

• purerockfury
              • Mar 2011

Originally posted by BillyT
              Funny thing about people always spouting off their opinions on stuff like this, if they truly didn't care, we just wouldn't see a word from them. But they care, to make sure you know how they "don't care".

Being cool enough to truly not care is whole other level type shit.

I think this thing kicks ass. I loved Russ Mitchell's bikes. Not afraid to say it either... Those early years on Discovery Channel were a huge influence on me as a builder... Not so much the style of bike I like, but the way I approach building at all, cars, bikes or otherwise. Fuck all the haters.

Frankly, I'm getting tired of all the bearded, vested, flipped bill, swazi, sheep looking, period correct mfer's anyway. Just like the hipsters... trying to stand out, by looking exactly like the guy next to them.
              i agree 100% same people that rag on the credit card bikers for running out and getting all the Harley gear to fit in are the same ones that run out and buy all that trendy shit...guess what a few years from now they'll be another trend for you to follow and all that shit will be in the garbage...

be yourself & build what you like...

i like it but i think i would machine down those triple tree's like you said but that's just my opinion...

Comment

• NHMike
                • Apr 2024

Agreed.

I loved Russ Mitchell's bikes. Not afraid to say it either....
                Seriously, who could talk shit about ANY of these?

Comment

• Nicko
                  • Sep 2009

His trike gets me every time....

Comment

• BillyT
                    • Dec 2010

Back then, I was just a car guy... But his bikes spoke to me like no one else's. You knew he was gonna lose the build off, but god damn if his bike didn't just kick the other guys bikes ass.

Just the quality of the metal finishing on his bikes... I still haven't figure out how to get that quality...

Comment

• felon
                      • Oct 2011

Just the quality of the metal finishing on his bikes... I still haven't figure out how to get that quality...
                      once you figure that out you can charge 60k for a bike like he does.

i personally like his bikes and style. if i won the lotto one day i'd consider buying one.

Comment

• BillyT
                        • Dec 2010

I don't think he gets 60K for a bike these days...

That brown bike is on his site for 25K... I bet he'd take quite a bit less too...

Comment

• felon
                          • Oct 2011

yeah, true that. although that "RX streetfighter" is listed at 65k, right now.

Comment

• purerockfury
                            • Mar 2011

Originally posted by NHMike
                            Seriously, who could talk shit about ANY of these?

that is SEXY...and she ain't half bad either...

Comment

• ARBY
                              • Apr 2024

I don't think he gets 60K for a bike these days...

That brown bike is on his site for 25K... I bet he'd take quite a bit less too...
                              Probably right. Although his trike is quite remarkable (as is a lot of his other work), that rusty brown whatever is, well if it had anybody else's name on it they'd be lucky to get 5K around here. I mean really. It looks like a neglected bike somebody left outside for five years.

Comment

• BillyT
                                • Dec 2010

All cleaned up now...

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...
                                ;