Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Scouser
    • Aug 2010

Elswick cycles oil tank

I ordered a tank from them and paid for it in September.
    They were great at responding to emails before I paid them, the last email I got off them said they were getting onto it,
    I have since sent two more emails with no reply.
    I was told it would be 4 weeks including postage. Its now been nearly 3 months and my bike is on hold waiting for that damn tank.
    I have bought quite a bit from the USA and this is the first time where I think I have been ripped off.
    Anyone know anyone else who is honest and will do a Triumph tank with a few modifications?
    Scouser
  • idiothead
    • Oct 2011

do a search. there's a thread for that guy already.

Comment

• TRUMPNUT
      • Jul 2009

I do all kinds of custom work . And have a pretty good turn around time

Comment

• Scouser
        • Aug 2010

Trumpnut
        Can you send me your email and I will send what I am after, basically its a tank for my hardtail, like a 6 inch round one, with a cut out in the front to accomodate the down tube and a cut out for the chain.
        Thanks
        Scouser

Comment

• Scouser
          • Aug 2010

I have started a PayPal despute if I don't get my tank I will give you the details.
          Scouser

Comment

• Scouser
            • Aug 2010

Paypal have said that as he managed to stretch the order past 45 days there is nothing they can do.
            So I am out $275 , I remember sending him an email saying that if he cant do it let me know so I can get someone else to do it, he sent an email saying it was on his worksheet to do that week.
            Now not only am I $275 lighter, I have to get someone else to build the tank. No riding for me this summer.
            I really doubt he will get a consience and build me the tank after this time and not replying to my emails

I have sent another email today to him, lets see what happens?
            Last edited by Scouser; 12-14-2011, 2:31 AM. Reason: spelin

Comment

• Scouser
              • Aug 2010

Still no reply, I have even called his shop and left two messages as he's not answering his phone.
              I wonder if he treats all his overseas customers like this?
              I am now looking at contacting the authorities in the US as this is fraud, he promised to deliver goods, I paid for the goods and he hasn't sent them and he will not reply to me.
              Now it's not about the money but people like this cannot get away with ripping people off.
              Scouser

Comment

• dfauerbach
                • Nov 2011

He'll come around sad to say this isn't un common but he's not a bad guy and does amazing work he just needs to work on customer relations. I ordered a 4 week turnaround triumph hardtail that took 4 months to get I called a few times a day at different times and got him once in awhile but low and behold it showed up and the work is really excellent.

Comment

• Scouser
                  • Aug 2010

It doesn't matter how good his work is if the customer doesn't know what is happening?
                  He was quick to answer emails before he had my money, now nothing.
                  He promised 4 week turn around its now over 3 months.
                  My bike is on hold , it would of been on the road a month ago if the promised oil tank had arrived .
                  I now have to order from someone else so it's going to take even longer.
                  He hast answered my last 3 emails and I have left 2 messages on his answer machine?
                  Am I supposed to just wait and see if it turns up? How long do I wait ? Another 3 months, this is just crap business.
                  I will order another tank from someone else next week , I can't wait around on the off chance that he will send it.
                  I am also reporting him as this is fraud as far as I can see .
                  Scouser

Comment

• Trinda
                    • Apr 2024

try emailing:
                    [email protected]
                    we do stuff in exchange for money all the time!

Comment

• longrider21
                      • Feb 2010

this was brought to you by the master of shameless self promotion.

Comment

• Trinda
                        • Apr 2024

Originally posted by longrider21
                        this was brought to you by the master of shameless self promotion.
                        as an apprentice, I am not entitled to shame as of yet.

Comment

• Joey4420
                          • May 2011

Sad to hear about your issues... I order a hardtail bolton for my Triumph on a Tuesday and had it that Saturday. I am sure he is working on it... sad that it hasn't gotten to you yet.

Comment

• Scouser
                            • Aug 2010

Originally posted by Joey4420
                            Sad to hear about your issues... I order a hardtail bolton for my Triumph on a Tuesday and had it that Saturday. I am sure he is working on it... sad that it hasn't gotten to you yet.
                            So are you saying he has blatantly ripped me off as its now been 4 months for an oil tank??

I have sent him more emails and also waited till its during the day at his work and called him, I just get the answer machine so I have left a couple of messages and still no reply.

Heres the last email
                            Dated November 1st 2011

Hi Dave,
                            I apologize for not contacting you sooner. I have your tank on our schedule for this week. I'll contact you when it's completed.
                            Thanks, Robert

On Sun, Oct 30, 2011 at 8:22 AM, Dave wrote:

Hi Robert
                            Just wondering if theres any news on the tank yet.
                            Thanks
                            Dave

On Oct 01,2011
                            Thanks Dave,
                            I received your payment. I'll contact you when we get the tank completed and shipped out.
                            Robert

Comment

• wilkie
                              • Jan 2012

Hi scouser.I ordered an XS650 battery box off Elswick cycles in March 2011.At first he said it will be a month to get it done for me so i gave him two.Then he was moving shop or rearranging it i cant remember now so i gave him another month then After numerous email attempts and phone calls i never received it and could not get hold of him?? I dont know what issues he has but i have give up on him now.I dont hold out much hope of you receiving it now! I always give people the benefit of the doubt but he has lost any more of my business now.I suppose there is a lesson in there somewhere but i cant find it.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                              Working...
                              ;