CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Default Please help SOS 70s sportster ironhead rear drum plate question

So i just sent some stuff out to the illest engraver i know Heather New at www.new-lineengraving.com ... in my rush to get the package off i ripped the front plate on my rear drum brake and took a picture packaged everything out and shipped it to canada now looking back at the picture i dont know wich iis the top and wich is the bottom seeing how its getting engraved you can see where my problem lies i dont want her to do a ton of work that is sick and then i get it back and its upside down... i have a picture of the exact plate along with the other stuff i sent her there is a small less beveled hole on ones side the axle hole in the center and on the other side a larger hole with a very tall bevel ... does anyone 100% know by looking at this what is top and what is bottom... the pivot arm goes in the left hole i just dont know whether thats the smaller less beveled or the larger taller hole... anyone who can shed some light on this or help me out please do.

thanks for your time in advance and happy holidays to everyone
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMAG0632.jpg  

Get Adobe Flash player

The small hole below the axle hole is for excess grease from wheel bearings to drain out so that is the bottom side of plate.

Get Adobe Flash player

thank you very much now i wont have to worry about getting my brake plate engraved upside down lol i really appreciate your quick and easy to understand response much appreciated problem averted!

Have a good holidays and happy new year
    Last edited by miaktheman; 12-11-2011 at 6:29 PM.

Share This