Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OldStfCycle
    • Aug 2010

steering dampener and ride control for the springer to cure "speedman's wobble"
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket

Comment

• FMA
      • Nov 2009

Ha! I was just about to say maybe you arent a jerk for having those FMA cards on the counter, but then you posted the pics of all those sweet parts and i still think you are a JERK!

No, that is a sweet project, i am very jealous....i am hopefully going tomorrow to pic up a chassis for my UL. It's a knuckle/ul frame with a pan neck...

Comment

• 38knuckle
        • Jul 2010

It is possible and happens all the time.
        Nice build mike. I'm really liking where your going with it.Thanks for the pics,,gotta love the VL front ends on a prewar. Need anything let me know and i'll help if i can. A little insight on my next build(not meaning to hijak but i thought you would like this) seeing how my kid is getting lame at school and his grades are down. Education is first... So it's on to this. 38UH,,, 108 production. keep posting pics, this thread build deserves alot more.

Originally posted by OldStfCycle
        it filled up with water, froze and cracked open. I'm not sure if that's possible.

Photobucket
        Photobucket
        Photobucket

Comment

• OldStfCycle
          • Aug 2010

38 motor looks real good. I was thinking panhead next but I might have to do another U about ten years back I mocked one up in a vl frame and I would like to build it after this one, the alumium heads look huge in a vl frame cause they are I guess. so your putting off the kids 45 build for now ?

Comment

• 38knuckle
            • Jul 2010

ya, my kid is screwing up in school so no build till he gets his "umphh" together but i am going to freemont to look for parts. Always on the hunt for parts. That U would go great in a VL frame. Do it!!! That would look so good and run sooo nice.. If i may,, speaking of panheads. Here is another one i got going....
            Again, i apologize for the jack...
            52 FL
            Last edited by 38knuckle; 02-16-2012, 3:20 PM.

Comment

• OldStfCycle
              • Aug 2010

Nice, Nice, Nice

Comment

• OldStfCycle
                • Aug 2010

Got a couple packages in the mail. Chris cc member CMA406 sent me this perfect clutch arm for the tranny and James Gaskets made us some .045 head and base gaskets so we can lower the compression a bit. The pistons are turned down and are at .020 down at tdc so we needed to lift the cylinders and heads.

Photobucket
                Photobucket

Comment

• 38knuckle
                  • Jul 2010

[SIZE="3"]Photobucket
                  Thats a classic pic of the bike. Very nice.

Comment

• Kickstarts
                    • Feb 2012

Beautiful build, thanks for showing the assembly.

Could you tell me why there are 2 rod holes on the clutch arm? One for foot and one for mousetrap maybe? Different angles in the holes?

Comment

• ChetPunisher
                      • Sep 2010

Photobucket

My new desktop picture at work.

Comment

• OldStfCycle
                        • Aug 2010

Originally posted by Kickstarts
                        Beautiful build, thanks for showing the assembly.

Could you tell me why there are 2 rod holes on the clutch arm? One for foot and one for mousetrap maybe? Different angles in the holes?
                        sorry not sure, I read in palmer book it's early 36-37 and the second hole may have been for future hand clutch op.

Comment

• 38knuckle
                          • Jul 2010

Hey Mike, figured this thread needed to be on top again seeing how it's the best on the 33'r. Hows the build going? I'm looking into why the 2 holes are in the early clutch release levers as well. Way nice that Chris sent that rare early arm to you. Those are hard to come by and pricy. Went to fremont and scored some cheap stuff for my son(not meaning to hijack). gonna try to run em "as is". If you get time, like to see more pics of the build.

Comment

• OldStfCycle
                            • Aug 2010

Happy Friday. not sure about the best thread but thanks. Yep Chris is a good dude, I just sent him some parts he needed today on trade. Nice score those parts will go perfectly for your boys 45 build. yep not much for updates sorry been a bit busy with customers lately. I did finally get that tail light bucket I was looking for.

Comment

• OldStfCycle
                              • Aug 2010

We are good with the 16" wheels but kinda thinking a correct 18 for the front at least would be nice so if anybody has a line on one with the correct finish (rust) I'd be interested. Will stay with the 16 on the rear. Thanks

Comment

• CMA406
                                • Apr 2010

Happy Friday. not sure about the best thread but thanks. Yep Chris is a good dude, I just sent him some parts he needed today on trade. Nice score those parts will go perfectly for your boys 45 build. yep not much for updates sorry been a bit busy with customers lately. I did finally get that tail light bucket I was looking for.
                                Hey man you're the one who enlightened me about it, so its the least i could do. Plus i gotta give thanks to the best shop there is, IMO

plus my old-stf hat gets chicks, true fact...

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...
                                ;