Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LDNCLR
    • Nov 2009

Wheelies with Super E?

When I wheelie my FXR, it seems to run out of fuel. I clutch it up in first, shift to second to get it balanced and shift third to ride it out. It usually runs out of fuel in second or not long into third.
    Im pretty sure its not related to the float, seems like it would run longer with only the fuel in the bowl. Its like the main jet will not pick up fuel at the steep inclined angle....

Is this an issue specific to the Super E?
    I have ridden wheelies on tons of other carbed bikes with no issues.

Bike runs fine other wise, id just like to be able to play around when i feel like it....

I may have the chance to try a Mikuni, but was hoping for some insight before I spent the time to swap them out....
  • OldStfCycle
    • Aug 2010

hmm odd. I never had this problem in first or second. Third gear yes but the trick is to skip third and go right into 4th. check the route of the fuel line to the carb perhaps.

Comment

• Kickfiend
      • Oct 2009

Sounds like it could be the accelerator pump. Otherwise is the throttle real responsive when you crank on it or does it bog a bit??

Comment

• LDNCLR
        • Nov 2009

Im not sure what you mean by "real responsive" I runs good and dosent have any noticeable bog in normal situations. U think its too much accel pump?

Comment

• Kickfiend
          • Oct 2009

No, not enough. If the bike is idling and you pull the throttle real quickly does it bog at all or does it race up?
          The accelerator pump is on the back right side of the carb its held on by 3 flat head bolts take that off and check the jet, rubber gasket, and spring. careful tho there are 2 tiny ball bearings inside that are very easy to lose.

Comment

• Sky
            • Aug 2009

I don't think the a-pump is at issue but Don't pull the pump cap!
            If you wan't to check the a-pump operation just pull the air cleaner and check for squirt out of the nozzle.
            Nobody has fun chasing those little ball bearings and that invisible spring!
            If you do have to reassemble the pump diaphragm/pump assembly with the carb still in the bike a little grease goes a long way in keeping those tiny parts were they belong.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
            Working...
            ;