CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Smallston, It's the standard V-Twin Manufacturing (1982-03) weld on hardtail. You can get it from a few places but I bought mine at Bitter End because I think they had the cheapest price at the time.

Kinda fugly MIG welds, but you get what you pay for I guess. http://www.bitterendchoppers.com/Wel...yHardtail.html

Get Adobe Flash player

Looks great!

JakesCustoms

Man that look sweet I like the tank alot. The bike is gonna be sweet.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by AntArrows View Post
    Looks great!
    Quote Originally Posted by JakesCustoms View Post
    Man that look sweet I like the tank alot. The bike is gonna be sweet.
    Thanks, I appreciate it. Talked to my buddy Duffy about the pin striping and he's on board after the powder coating is done. Can't wait to ride this thing again!

Get Adobe Flash player

Really nice, cohesive looking bike. Making multiple components work together without having anything really stand out like a sore thumb is trickier than most people realize. That tank shape is killer too!

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by specialseventynine View Post
    Really nice, cohesive looking bike. Making multiple components work together without having anything really stand out like a sore thumb is trickier than most people realize. That tank shape is killer too!
    Thanks Jay. Gotta be honest, I'm pretty much humbled by your work so thanks for the vote of confidence.

Get Adobe Flash player

Looks fucking rad, loving the tank.

Get Adobe Flash player

Loved the bike when I first saw it. Keeps killing with every change. Good stuff man!

I just hardtailed my 90 Sporty and idk if I want a laid back ride or something aggressive. Your bike leans me to want a laid back ride.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by Bo View Post
    Looks fucking rad, loving the tank.

Quote Originally Posted by nerdsports View Post
    Loved the bike when I first saw it. Keeps killing with every change. Good stuff man!

I just hardtailed my 90 Sporty and idk if I want a laid back ride or something aggressive. Your bike leans me to want a laid back ride.

Thanks Bo and Nerdsports - glad you guys like it. Im not allowing myself to spend much money on this so almost everything repurposed stock parts I had laying around or home made (like the seat, sissy bar, and air cleaner) so it's a bit of a slow go.

Nerdsports, you got a build thread by any chance?

Get Adobe Flash player

Its just killer! Love your bike man..

flatblack34

yes..there is a million evo sporty threads with cool hand fabbed shit and what not. but this one the bike as whole is actually a bike i would want to ride. sometimes i get bummed out i bought one instead of a shovel or something but this one gives me faith that evos can be cool..

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by flatblack34 View Post
    yes..there is a million evo sporty threads with cool hand fabbed shit and what not. but this one the bike as whole is actually a bike i would want to ride. sometimes i get bummed out i bought one instead of a shovel or something but this one gives me faith that evos can be cool..
    Thanks man, that means a lot. I'd really like to have something older too, but honestly Im not that good of a mechanic so the EVO is the right answer for me. This bike is years 20 years old now so its showing its age and keeps me plenty busy. I've ridden it all over the east coast and loved every minute of it. The roadside fixes, near death experiences, ducking the police cuz Ive never had a motorcycle license and my bike isnt exactly street legal or inspected. Its all part of it. The backroads dont care if you're 'period correct' - just bring what ya got.

Really looking forward to the next year of mayhem and good times with guys I respect. Here's a pic from last summer in Brooklyn.

Get Adobe Flash player

Im guessing people are sick of seeing this thing - but here is a small update.

• Added on to the sissy bar - need the extra space for packing
    • Sanded the rear fender - getting closer to paint
    • Remade the seat pan for the pillion pad and shaved it about an inch lower, now it hugs the fender better

Next up, hooking up the rear brake linkage

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by Newporabbit View Post
    Thanks Bo and Nerdsports - glad you guys like it. Im not allowing myself to spend much money on this so almost everything repurposed stock parts I had laying around or home made (like the seat, sissy bar, and air cleaner) so it's a bit of a slow go.

Nerdsports, you got a build thread by any chance?
    Ive been meaning to start one but progress on the bike is slow so updates would be few and far between. I'm also on the same path - trying to spend the least amount of money possible, hell I made my own hardtail. Maybe putting it up would help motivate me to get work done on it faster.

Loving the sissy. I'm planning on doing a tall sissy on mine as well. When this thing is done I'm putting tons of miles on it. Sucks living in Miami though.

LivingCanvas

Bike looks great, I like both versions. One thing, are you sure your seat isn't angled back too much? Seems like you might be slipping off and wedging your butt between the pillon pad and your seat

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by LivingCanvas View Post
    Bike looks great, I like both versions. One thing, are you sure your seat isn't angled back too much? Seems like you might be slipping off and wedging your butt between the pillon pad and your seat
    Thanks man, glad you like it. Seat is a little uncomfortable but not really worried about getting wedged anywhere. The p-pad actually acts as the back half of my seat and provides a little bit of lower back support.

Some recent pics - Still needs a few things. Not shown in pics is the huge mess of wiring hanging off the other side but its just a matter of time.

Get Adobe Flash player

Looking good man!

Question: the 'gas cap', is the threaded bung galvanized steel? i'm looking for a low budget solution to a gas cap and I'm leaning towards something like that.

Get Adobe Flash player

The old version was nice but Im really digging the new version. Love the tank and the bars what's even better is that you made both of them instead of buying.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by nerdsports View Post
    Looking good man!

Question: the 'gas cap', is the threaded bung galvanized steel? i'm looking for a low budget solution to a gas cap and I'm leaning towards something like that.
    Thanks dude, your bike is coming along nice too. The gas cap bung was some fitting I picked up at the hardware store. My ground the galvanized down and tig welded it on for me. He said it stank like all hell but seems to have a good seal.

Quote Originally Posted by jstein View Post
    The old version was nice but Im really digging the new version. Love the tank and the bars what's even better is that you made both of them instead of buying.
    Thanks dude, much appreciated. dont forget the seat made from a shovel though!

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by Newporabbit View Post
    Thanks dude, your bike is coming along nice too. The gas cap bung was some fitting I picked up at the hardware store. My ground the galvanized down and tig welded it on for me. He said it stank like all hell but seems to have a good seal.
    It stank bc it releases toxic fumes while welding. My friend (who welded the frame) won't weld it bc of the fumes so I'm going to tackle it tomorrow myself. Hopefully it seals. Thanks!

Share This