Clear All
  • NHMike
    • Apr 2024

Who let the cat out of the bag?!?!?!

Comment

• Twinkies
      • Aug 2009

not much to add.. but..
      As far as performance stuff, you can always go with cams and headwork, plenty of options
      from Zippers and NRHS... if youre unsure about anything, call up Dan at NRHS... he'll get you headed in the right direction. I know they have a lot of customers in other countries so Im sure he can help you out...
      Tim's sportster is the shit as far as newer EFI bikes, if you cant find some inspiration there, youre in the wrong place.

Now if I were you, I would just ride the shit out of that 48 and pick up a project to work on. That way you'll have a reliable bike and something to wrench on.. it might even make you appreciate your "lesbo new bike" more.. If you can spend $12k on a new bike Im sure you have a couple grand to start something else..

Comment

• Lbfam730
        • Nov 2009

Thanks, Twinkie

Grease, like the other members said, get a good 2-1 exhaust, Air Cleaner, Power Commander V, Andrews N4 Cam, and then go with NRHS's Head Porting. Here's how my EFI bike with 48 tank sits at the moment, maybe it'll give you some ideas.

IMG_5054
        Image 6

There are tons of shit you can do to a Sportster and the mods stated above would definitely improve your bike's performance, but will also put a nice dent in your wallet. If you need some parts made, there are plenty of guys on here that could help you out, such as this guy.

In the end, it all depends on what fits your needs. Take your time and figure out what you want in a bike. If you're all about power, you can always sell your 48 and get a used Sportbike, like a slightly modified Speed Triple which can be found for cheap at times. Being pulled by 129 horses or Kangaroos should be more than enough for any Vegemite loving Aussie!

Good luck!

p.s. If I were you, I would just buy my bike that's on classifieds and make the engine mods on it. I'll be your best friend.
        Last edited by Lbfam730; 11-19-2011, 1:43 AM.

Comment

• NeoDutch
          • Aug 2009

Ummmm.....

Originally posted by rus
          got chain conversion so you can be a real chopper guy.. totally awesome dude. born free grease bag brooklyn invite camp sweet chopper dude bro vans flannel yeah.
          Might take a bit more than a chain to make GreaseGirl6 into a chopper guy.
          Attached Files

Comment

• AtomicAddiction
            • Jul 2011

I would kill for a 48...ok maybe not kill...violently take out my frustrations?

Sure the stock paint (lame ass tank decals) suck. Sure it isn't the fastest and best performing bike out there... But you knew that when you bought it. All things considered it has great looks and its falts are fixable. Make it your own and ride the fuck out of it.

That's my two pennies.
            Brian

Comment

• kawijake
              • Jul 2011

I am a broke ass so i went with the 80 ironhead basket case that i sweat over every night to get running to try and see wind before the snow falls. If i had the dough, i would buy a 48 over any other harley. Dont be ashamed of what you have. There are many things you can do that cost a lot, or a little. These guys have linked all the good sites to get aftermarket. But if you really have a feeling that you want to chop. Then chop. Get the hacksaw and rattle can and start taking off all the factory shit and make it your own. And if you dont, who gives a shit. Ride the hell out of it. I chop cus im poor lol.

Comment

• Jan 2010

I rented a 48 from Orlando HD last year during a week long family trip to the Magic Kingdom. I figured a day of riding would be a nice escape from the in-laws for a day and would give me a chance to meet up and ride with some like minded friends in sunny Florida.

I thought the 48 was a great bike to ride even in factory trim. We rode 500 fast and abusive miles on the day we met up and I was very surprise by how much I liked the bike. I returned it to the dealership with a full tank of gas and some serious scrapes on the bottom of the mufflers.

I would want to make a few changes if I actually owned one but I think they are one hell of a starting point if you already own one.

No gayness in my opinion.
                Last edited by 007; 11-19-2011, 6:59 AM.

Comment

• purerockfury
                  • Mar 2011

personally i like them too, with a few much needed changes but like alot of people on this thread have said...it's a good base to customize off of...

Comment

• wargasm
                    • Sep 2009

This thread is what's gay. And I mean Elton John gay. It's got 2 wheels don't it? Shut the fuck up and go ride.

Comment

• dethtrap
                      • Jul 2011

the op's user name is greasegirl6. how does a greasegirl6 get off her own dick?

Comment

• rus
                        • Aug 2009

my drunken rants are not gender specific.

Comment

• wahunterinrok
                          • Nov 2009

Originally posted by dethtrap
                          the op's user name is greasegirl6. how does a greasegirl6 get off her own dick?
                          Tranny?

Comment

• bacalao
                            • Jun 2011

Well, here's my 2011 48. whether you think it's gay or not, don't matter. It works and I ride the shit out of it.

Comment

• xoldblueeyesisdeadx
                              • Mar 2010

did i miss something in the first post.. why is everyone jumping down this person throat right off the bat

Comment

• choppa
                                • Aug 2009

2 into 1 That is the best thing you can do period. Sorry I mean that is the best thing you can do for sure! Sporty engines come alive with a good 2 into 1. Even if you do all the other stuff it will not make that big of a difference until the exhaust is good.

I was very disappointed after intake cams etc. but when I put the exhaust it made all the other mods come to life!

I always ride gay bikes. My chaps and no pants are what makes them FAB-U -LUSSS !

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...
                                ;