Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • greasegirl6
    • Apr 2024

New sportsters gay?

I'm disliking my 48 everyday that goes by. An idea popped into my head to make my engine perform better and go faster, but no performance parts for sporties after 2003 (except for screamin beagles, which I wanna stay away from). WTF? S&S don't do it, does anyone know who does?
    And yes, I've googled it already.
  • rus
    • Aug 2009

dude, you bought a fucking hipster bike, now you think you're too cool for it? get off your own dick. if you were cooler you'd have had a shovel 10 years ago, but you didn't. if you're out riding your bike and you're worrying about what people are thinking about you, you're the 'gay' one, not them. 48 is a solid bike. if you ride that shit like you stole it, you won't be able to hear what they're thinking.
    quit talking and ride. problem solved.

Comment

• greasegirl6
      • Apr 2024

Dude I don't think I'm too cool for it, it just sucks that I can't do shit to it.

Comment

• SlippinOnBy
        • Oct 2011

What exactly dont you like about it? I was checking those things out at the dealer and they seemed pretty damn nice. Like dude said. Ride it like you stole it.

Comment

• Nosebleed
          • Mar 2010

Wow, you spent $12 thou on a bike at the dealership (which has now depreciated in value by 30%) and now you don't like it, because it's not fast enough? Or, because it's "gay?" Don't you have an "Occupy (insert your town here)" rally to be at tonight?

You can do anything that you want to do to that bike. Performance wise, you're not looking hard enough. On the basic end of things, you can change out the pipes (Schreechin Beagle ain't the only one who makes pipes for it, or hey, make your own), air cleaner and then custom tune the EFI. If that's not enough, custom head port and polish. You can keep going from there...

I have a feeling that this has less to do with the actual bike and more to do with the fact that you bought the new bike and then went looking online for an accompanying lifestyle. When you found some chopper mags, blogs and CC, you realized that you didn't buy a Shovelhead or the right style of Vans and now you're not feeling as cool as you expected to.

Sorry that it's not working out for you. EVO Sporties Rule!

Comment

• weentron
            • Apr 2024

Comment

• steffan
              • Dec 2009

Do the screechy weasel stage 1 remap, a k@n air filter and some good pipes. It will come alive. I loved my 07 after I did that.

Comment

• HELLBILLYCUSTOMS
                • Jul 2010

Custom Harley Performance Shop. T-Man Performance provides Horsepower solutions for M8, Twin Cam, CVO, Sportster and EVO Motors.

I don't care for T-man's stuff to much (dude's got a one track mind) but still good for power

Comment

• Brent
                  • Jun 2010

sell it and buy a sportbike

Comment

• HELLBILLYCUSTOMS
                    • Jul 2010

Originally posted by Brent
                    sell it and buy a sportbike
                    or an XR1200 mmmmmm............................

Comment

• REV
                      • Aug 2009

really? wtf are you wanting to do to it? you wanna make it faster (exhaust, cams, heads, EFI units, intake even a 90ci top end), make it look different (shoulda done more research, but....you can change anything on that bike you want. CHOP CULT not BOLT-ON CULT)?

let me have it with your check book for a month. youll be broke but pushing 100+hp/tq and it can look anyway you want it.

Comment

• billdozer
                        • Apr 2024

I think that's the best looking stock bike in the HD lineup. You can make it faster like mentioned above. Exhaust, air and ignition upgrades are out there. Clean some stuff up by customizing here and there and eliminating silly things like reflectors. Subtract instead of add.

Motorcycle performance and racing products manufacturer and retailer for Harley Davidson, Buell, Ducati, Japanese sport bikes

Joker Machine is a aftermarket motorcycle and powersports parts manufacturer based out of Lake Havasu City, Arizona. All parts are made in house with the high quality CNC machining. Tons of parts for Harley-Davidson, Triumph Motorcycle, Vintage Cafe Bikes, CAN-AM, Polaris and much more.

ChopCult is the online mecca for motorcycle enthusiasts, with active, content-rich forums covering all makes and models of motorcycles, exclusive articles.

Comment

• rus
                          • Aug 2009

ill happily trade you you for my 02 hard tail sporty. its even got chain conversion so you can be a real chopper guy.. totally awesome dude. born free grease bag brooklyn invite camp sweet chopper dude bro vans flannel yeah.

Comment

• ibuiltmine
                            • Jun 2010

I personally think you are misinterpreting what emotion you are feeling.... We all got it.... Its not that you don't like the bike, you just got the Chopper BUG!!!! NOBODY is EVER happy wiht their bike!
                            If you are... no, no need to say it, becasue your not that kind of person.
                            Just chop it. Pipes are cheap. Rattle can paint is cheap, do something crazy.

Comment

• Nosebleed
                              • Mar 2010

Nice! Good response so far to this thread. Personally I agree that the 48 has a lot of potential from the factory, although I will never again buy a new bike from a dealership. I'm a diehard Sporty fan and owner and I've spent many hours cruising the net for Sporty parts, like we all have.

Ok, so, if nothing else, and your budget doesn't allow for much (those $367/month payments to HD must be a bear!), you can attack it in 2 ways: Performance, and Appearance.

Performance: On the cheap/free, save weight. Strip off excess crap (this also plays into the Appearance category). Next, find pipes on ebay for brand name shit, or have someone on CC make you some custom pipes on the cheap (again, works for the Appearance as well). Air cleaners can be had on ebay for $30 or check out the CC forums for the best way to adapt an $11.00 Autozone air cleaner to work on your Sporty. I know that the dealership is "gay" but you can pick up SE spark plugs and a set of wires for a combined total of $30 for your bike. EFI mods aint cheap nor is motor work, so pick up a second job selling Vans at your local outlet mall.

Appearance: On the cheap/free, you can strip the excess shit off of it like reflectors, blinkers, mirrors, front fender and such. Then, if the factory paint is too "gay" for ya, pull your tins and sand them down! Take them down to bare metal and then decide what to do from there. Repaint to your liking, Scotchbrite them for the brushed look, treat them with gnarly chemicals and watch them patina, have a CC member paint, leaf or stripe them on the cheap, add free stickers from CC vendors (hell, I'll send ya some with a SASE, haha), rattle can the tins yourself after reading about the best practices for doing so here in the CC forums...

I think you get the point, or at least, I hope so. You can do anything that you want to the 48. Just make up your own mind, experiment, make it yours, and most importantly, enjoy riding. Don't let a magazine or a web site dictate to you what is cool, or gay.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                              Working...
                              ;