• Sep 2011

they used them in sidecar models.

Comment

• easyspeed
      • Dec 2010

Comment

• easyspeed
        • Dec 2010

Put the narrow glide up there last weekend. Avon is on the 21", ordered my kickr coversion, horseshoe tank, bdl 2" drive, avon sm mk ii for the rear, new bars from front street, chimps low rise. Might go t bars though... I dunno. Bent up ss 1/4" tubing and have the fittings to fix the oil lines. New intake clamps.....

Going to make my seat, not sure one the rear fender situation. Might just mount the fender to the swing arm via the sissy bar.
        Last edited by easyspeed; 12-18-2011, 8:20 PM.

Comment

• easyspeed
          • Dec 2010

New back tire! whohoo! getting that mounted today, should help kickstart the rest of the build. Bent up my new oil lines yesterday too. Pleased with the results and it was a pain in the ass too. Gotta lower the forks and shave the fender mounts off. ....I might leave the engine case orange, just cause its kinda funky.

How do you guys go about lopping off the mounts and such for the fat bobs and dash. I'm running that p nut, but not sure if it's going to go deep tunnel or mid. Are there any tabs or mounts I could or should leave?

Comment

• Joceiphus
            • Sep 2011

Sweet lookin ride, man!

Comment

• NHMike
              • Apr 2024

Originally posted by easyspeed
              Hell ya man, looking good!

Comment

• JakesCustoms
                • Apr 2024

Fuck looking sweet man. Can't wait to see some more pics.

Comment

• panheadjay
                  • Sep 2011

Originally posted by easyspeed
                  New back tire! whohoo! getting that mounted today, should help kickstart the rest of the build. Bent up my new oil lines yesterday too. Pleased with the results and it was a pain in the ass too. Gotta lower the forks and shave the fender mounts off. ....I might leave the engine case orange, just cause its kinda funky.

How do you guys go about lopping off the mounts and such for the fat bobs and dash. I'm running that p nut, but not sure if it's going to go deep tunnel or mid. Are there any tabs or mounts I could or should leave?
                  i personally would not cut them off, my pan frame has them cut off and i wish they were there now. u could use the front mount that is there now, thats how people use to do it and cut the rear mount off it's not to hard to relocate the rear tank mount back on there, but the front is a tough one to get right if u ever want to put it back on. or why not use some narrowed 3.5 gal tanks and not cut the mounts at all?

Comment

• easyspeed
                    • Dec 2010

ahhh, the 3.5's have the mount jb welded on them. haha. And I had that p nut for another project. I was thinking about leaving the front and trimming the rear down

Comment

• panheadjay
                      • Sep 2011

oil lines

this is how my brother did his lines if u can see them, the top one that connects the rockers is the same way. don,t go to the hardware store and get shit house plumbing, auto parts stores carry the heavy line for fuel line.
                      Attached Files

Comment

• easyspeed
                        • Dec 2010

Probably the last pic we'll see with the orange block and tranny. The primary was fun to get off! And the belt is just on for mock up. Still not sure on how I want to mount the tank? Frisco or deep tunnel? Dropped the forks 3" , might take another inch out to see before I pull them apart to be rebuilt. One has a real bad seal leak.new bars from front street too! Love em stainless and curvy!

Comment

• easyspeed
                          • Dec 2010

I think this project is officially named " Orange peel".....Bottom of the cases are next, that suk'd!
                          I found a little chip in my gear pictured below. Anyone know if that will leak out at all? Doesn't seem to be effecting anything else. I also have a little less than a 1/16" end shaft play. Worth replacing the bushing on the mainshaft. Cause I'm also going to be using a tranny plate with the outboard sealed bearing.

Last edited by easyspeed; 01-06-2012, 12:17 PM. Reason: unicorns fukin rok!

Comment

• easyspeed
                            • Dec 2010

Well that last post n pic was awhile ago. I had to pull the mainshaft drive gear out and replace it, the loose bearings, case race, and spacer. Pffffff. That suk'd. Big thanks to Mike @ old- STF.
                            He got me lined out and I redid this tranny pretty cheap. Also installed the v twin kicker assembly. Had to shim the arm a bit to keep it from wiggling, and still have to find a way to keep the foot pad fromts flooping out.

No more orange tranny or cases! Ground a few mounts off of the frame that I won't be using. I also picked up a nice horseshoe tank. It's for a hardtail, so if anyone knows of a good way to mount it into a swingarm frame- let me know. Looks as though I will be welding a crossbar or mount for the rear of the oil tank from rail to rail a few inches above the swing arm mount.

Comment

• easyspeed
                              • Dec 2010

Check out the old gear and all of it's glory

Tranny done and on it's way out of the kitchen.
                              Last edited by easyspeed; 02-25-2012, 3:37 PM. Reason: I8acondom

Comment

• easyspeed
                                • Dec 2010

Crappy cel pics in a dark garage:

Polished the trees, those red foam ball power drill attachments from autozone kick button the end of my diegrinder. Maguira's polish. Stuf fworks good and fast!
                                Last edited by easyspeed; 02-25-2012, 3:46 PM.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...
                                ;