Email Password Mobile Version / Desktop Version
Search
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Probably the last pic we'll see with the orange block and tranny. The primary was fun to get off! And the belt is just on for mock up. Still not sure on how I want to mount the tank? Frisco or deep tunnel? Dropped the forks 3" , might take another inch out to see before I pull them apart to be rebuilt. One has a real bad seal leak.new bars from front street too! Love em stainless and curvy!

Get Adobe Flash player

I think this project is officially named " Orange peel".....Bottom of the cases are next, that suk'd!
    I found a little chip in my gear pictured below. Anyone know if that will leak out at all? Doesn't seem to be effecting anything else. I also have a little less than a 1/16" end shaft play. Worth replacing the bushing on the mainshaft. Cause I'm also going to be using a tranny plate with the outboard sealed bearing.

Last edited by easyspeed; 01-06-2012 at 1:17 PM. Reason: unicorns fukin rok!

Get Adobe Flash player

Well that last post n pic was awhile ago. I had to pull the mainshaft drive gear out and replace it, the loose bearings, case race, and spacer. Pffffff. That suk'd. Big thanks to Mike @ old- STF.
    He got me lined out and I redid this tranny pretty cheap. Also installed the v twin kicker assembly. Had to shim the arm a bit to keep it from wiggling, and still have to find a way to keep the foot pad fromts flooping out.

No more orange tranny or cases! Ground a few mounts off of the frame that I won't be using. I also picked up a nice horseshoe tank. It's for a hardtail, so if anyone knows of a good way to mount it into a swingarm frame- let me know. Looks as though I will be welding a crossbar or mount for the rear of the oil tank from rail to rail a few inches above the swing arm mount.

Get Adobe Flash player

Check out the old gear and all of it's glory

Tranny done and on it's way out of the kitchen.
    Last edited by easyspeed; 02-25-2012 at 4:37 PM. Reason: I8acondom

Get Adobe Flash player

Crappy cel pics in a dark garage:

Polished the trees, those red foam ball power drill attachments from autozone kick button the end of my diegrinder. Maguira's polish. Stuf fworks good and fast!
    Last edited by easyspeed; 02-25-2012 at 4:46 PM.

Get Adobe Flash player

Get Adobe Flash player

Oil tank. Not sure how I'm going to mount it. And the rear oil return line is really screwing me. I might plug that return line and drill tap a fitting into the drain on the bottom of the tank.

Get Adobe Flash player

[IMG]Tanks[/IMG]

Got a little bit done this week. tank has mounts and is mounted, oil tank is mounted. brackets for it made, mid control mount is in and a fork stop.....that kinda looks like a dong.

Just in time for the weekend. On another note. I was checking out the ol' shovelhead photog dump and seen the cult recently added several more swingarm builds. One really nice round swing arm. It has a gold tank and a chrome swingarm. Would like to see more about it.

Get Adobe Flash player

Seat2

Seat3

Seat1

working through the seat pan. I would like to finish it out with tuk n roll and make it low profile.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by easyspeed View Post

Probably the last pic we'll see with the orange block and tranny. The primary was fun to get off! And the belt is just on for mock up. Still not sure on how I want to mount the tank? Frisco or deep tunnel? Dropped the forks 3" , might take another inch out to see before I pull them apart to be rebuilt. One has a real bad seal leak.new bars from front street too! Love em stainless and curvy!
    Hey man lookin good, if you dont mind me askin how much of a rise do those bars have?

Get Adobe Flash player

as much as I love chevy orange I must say the motor and trans looks much nicer. there is a bracket for the oil tank, pretty much like angle iron shaped up a bit and mounts to the rear fender. Chris is eye ballin those bars ha ha

Get Adobe Flash player

Yeah those front street bars are nice. Which ones are they, chimps?

Get Adobe Flash player

Yep, front street polished stainless chimps. They might be 10", I can check for sure when I get off work. They are very nice, kinda curvy but still narrow. I may switch them out to a narrow T bar. Not sure though.

Mike, - I'll be getting ahold of you soon. Trying to get my shit together and put together a full list of bits n pieces I'll need. Definitely need a super nut, oil lines...and could use a small headlight and model a style or similar tail light. Something cool if you have any ideas or shit laying around . lemmeknow. Looking to keep it simple. Tins are going to be black and the rest are Metals...polished, cast , or chrome. Or maybe I'll paint the whole thing chevy orange....tires n all

-Seth
    Last edited by easyspeed; 03-09-2012 at 9:48 PM. Reason: sukn fartz

Get Adobe Flash player

[IMG]Mock1[/IMG]

[IMG]Mock2[/IMG]

just a mock up to work out the back of the oil tank mount and figure out the fender. With the 11" shock I'm leaning towards frame mounting it. pretty sure 1 3/4" with clear the tire.

Get Adobe Flash player

[IMG]DSC_0203[/IMG]

Frame modded, powdercoated and shits going back together nicely! Now where did all of my hardware go and WTF are these brackets for?
    Last edited by easyspeed; 06-17-2012 at 12:15 PM. Reason: cants spells n shit

Get Adobe Flash player

[IMG]Untitled[/IMG]

[IMG]Untitled[/IMG]

[IMG]Untitled[/IMG]

Ran Old STF S.S. lines, BDL open belt on. Clutch back in one piece, new intake clamps, Delorto carb behind that new air cleaner. Felt like I got something done this morning. Stoker!!

Get Adobe Flash player

That looks REALLY nice. Lots of well thought out touches going on.

Get Adobe Flash player

[IMG]Untitled[/IMG]

What do you think of these pipes. I might do a little work to them, but not sure what they really need. Kinda cool but kinda not. Not sure what to put there?

Get Adobe Flash player

Looks real good!

Think those pipes could be spaced apart a bit. Move the rear exhaust up a little or something in that direction

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by easyspeed View Post
    [IMG]Untitled[/IMG]

What do you think of these pipes. I might do a little work to them, but not sure what they really need. Kinda cool but kinda not. Not sure what to put there?
    This is looking good! I think those pipes are spaced nicely.

Thanks for the wright-up. I'm starting my first shovelhead project soon. I''ve been wondering how I can fit the horseshoe oil tank. Do you you have any pics of the brackets you made? Actually, if you have any close up pics of the oil tank and rear fender that would be awesome. Just wondering how you got it all to work together on a swingarm.

Thanks again for the wright-up.

Share This