Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GregorySeth
    • Jul 2010

Safety Last

Anybody know the best way for me to bypass the safety switches on my Honda Shadow?
  • erockson
    • Oct 2010

Most of the time you can just loop the 2 wires to complete the circuit 100% of the time. If you're lucky the incoming wire will be female end plug and the outgoing will be male end, so you can just disconnect from the switch and plug the wires into each other. Not sure your bike is the same, but that's what I did for the clutch lever engagement safety switch on my GS so I didn't have to pull in the lever to engage the starter.

Comment

• swinewerx
      • Oct 2011

what kinda shadow is it? and which ones you want to bypass?

Comment

• GregorySeth
        • Jul 2010

it's an 88 honda shadow vtx 600c...I wanna get rid of the safety switch on the clutch lever, the switch on the kickstand and the neutral safety switch

Comment

• Pendulum
          • Jul 2011

Find a wiring diagram for your bike, and I can tell you in about 30 seconds how to do it. I'm not familiar w/ the specifics of the wiring on those bikes, but once I have a diagram I can help ya out.

Comment

• wahunterinrok
            • Nov 2009

All depends if its a normally opened or normally closed switch. If you dont have a diagram, disconnect the 2 wires, if it doesnt do what you want it to, connect the two wires, if it does what you want it to do , make it permanent. Oh yea, if it does what you want to do when you disconnect it, leave it that way. If you want it clean, remove the whole harness for it and put the jumper in where ever it goes to.

Comment

• swinewerx
              • Oct 2011

Originally posted by GregorySeth
              it's an 88 honda shadow vtx 600c...I wanna get rid of the safety switch on the clutch lever, the switch on the kickstand and the neutral safety switch
              One of my bikes, is exactly this an 88 vlx 600 Vtwin, so far I have eliminated the clutch one, just by taking the wires from the clutch handle area and connecting them together, as far as the neutral light, and kick stand cut off switch, I have not eliminated them yet , as I need to find out how to properly do such a thing, besides, I don't ride my shadow,{my rigid cadillac} cuz I got three other chops to choose from, and really since my shadow is my first street bike I have had since 92, I refused to chop it, yet make it a rigid, and lose all the unnecessary items, like, turn signals, speedometer, front brake as well as removal of front disc, left only one mirror, lost the front fender, since it has the same color frame as the rest of the bike{burgundy} and it is my 1st street bike, it is difficult to chop, not only that, but, it is very heavy with electrical crap, and until I figure what is really needed, it will stay that way, also, the radiator system would really need to be assessed, and possibly moved, and I just cant seem to get into that yet! I really love the aircooled types much better! I have a 91/2 foot long chopper{my favorite} then my orange framed chop, {mysecond favorite} then big red{my third favorite} then my shadow{ my fourth favorite} then the last of my chops, which was almost done, but my favorite longest chop gets me every time! I beleive it is my favorite, cuz I made plus or minus 95% of the whole chop!!!! So that one has me stuck with it!!!!!

Comment

• GregorySeth
                • Jul 2010

so far I can't find a schematic for the 600...dug one up for an 1100, but when I zoom in it loses too much of the detail and starts to pixilate [sic?] ....here it be

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                Working...
                ;