Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ibuiltmine
    • Jun 2010

Tig and mig gas bottles cheap!

I just went to my local airgas, and the nice guys had a sheet all printed out, and a brand new full size argon bottle sitting on the scissor lift waiting to put it into my pickup! No money exchanged, no ID checked, no bullshit. It was all thank yous and come agains!

15 minutes before hand I was standing at the same counter getting a quote from the exact same air gas employee for the exact same bottle that was somewhere upwards of 500 dollars!

There is this cool dude named Bruce Cohen from Boulder CO that somehow has the rights to a SHIT LOAD of airgas bottles. For 200 bucks you call Bruce, who is very professional and have been doing business for years this way. You get his email, and he sends you a paypal invoice for 207 bucks. Then he calls your local Intermountain Airgas shop to confirm they have the bottle you want in stock. Then a pick ticket is printed, and you walk out with a brand new full bottle of whatever gas you want.

You can get 75 25 for your mig 100%argon for tig, even oxygen or acetylene on this exchange program.

Here is his crags list add
    Or just call him! This is my second bottle I have bought from Bruce in the last year and a half.
  • VICTORYORBUST1
    • Sep 2011

may have to give him a call and see if this goes for anywhere in the US or what the dealio is thanks for the heads up on this

Comment

• ibuiltmine
      • Jun 2010

Originally posted by VICTORYORBUST1
      may have to give him a call and see if this goes for anywhere in the US or what the dealio is thanks for the heads up on this
      He said his exchange is in Intermountain airgas, but drop him a line and see. Might be able to exchange anywhere. All I know is someone looking to buy a new bottle, this is the best deal you can get by a long shot!

I think it's somewhere around 175 to refill an argon bottle? Even more for oxygen.

Comment

• Vinny
        • Mar 2010

Holy hell that is high. Where I'm at I can refill my argon for about 45 and that is a pretty big tank (not sure of the cubic feet but they say it is the largest owner bottle) My mig mix is about 30 for the small bottle I have there. Haven't refilled the O2 or Acetylene bottles that I just bought but I have never paid full price or bought a bottle from the supply stores yet.

The last bottles I bougth from Brew Dude up in the mountians of NC. he changed suppliers and needed to liquidate his old tanks. Sole me an acetylene bottle, O2 bottle, and a large argon bottle for 150$. The argon is going to Hugh down in asheville as soon as I can get down there.

Thanks again Brew Dude- Anybody who hasnt checked out BREW bikes shoudl do so. Not sure of the webadress but Steve is a great guy who builds awesome bikes. He's a big part of the reason I got into building!

Comment

• evodog
          • Dec 2009

Ya! it is only going to cost you 200.00 to find out about this one!

Sounds like someones lookin to make some $$$$

Comment

• ibuiltmine
            • Jun 2010

No guys. 200 is for a brand new 250 or 300 cf bottle full of argon. Brand new and full. Not to refill your current bottle. I dont know where your from but this is less then half of what airgas wanted for me to but the same full bottle. Then you legally own it and can go get it filled for 50 buck or whatever it is to fill it. Price a full size bottle sometime.
            Last edited by ibuiltmine; 11-03-2011, 4:39 PM.

Comment

• Vinny
              • Mar 2010

Originally posted by ibuiltmine

I think it's somewhere around 175 to refill an argon bottle? Even more for oxygen.
              I was simply commenting on the 175 to refill. 200 to buy the bottle is not bad I was just sharing my good deal.

Comment

• ibuiltmine
                • Jun 2010

Originally posted by Vinny
                I was simply commenting on the 175 to refill. 200 to buy the bottle is not bad I was just sharing my good deal.
                Yeah, and that was my misunderstanding. It was almost 175 yo fill my bottle of oqygen, but I called and it will only be like 60 bucks to fill my argon! WAY cheaper then I thought!

I have woke up in the middle of the night in a cold sweat, and rushed out to the garage in my underwear and slippers to double check that I had shut my bottles off for fear of the leaking out! LOL!

Comment

• toxiceric
                  • Apr 2024

Sounds good, but there's a major problem to all this. The bottle has to be recertified on a periodic basis. If you own a bottle, it can become a problem when it's time to do that. You can lease the bottle from any of the welding gas suppliers. It's not that much, and it can be broken down into payments. When you own the bottle, they can actually refuse to fill it unless you have it certified again. We lease our bottles on 5 year contracts. It's like $100.00 for 5 years and you always get certified bottles every time you go in for a refill. Just something to think about.

Comment

• ibuiltmine
                    • Jun 2010

Originally posted by toxiceric
                    Sounds good, but there's a major problem to all this. The bottle has to be recertified on a periodic basis. If you own a bottle, it can become a problem when it's time to do that. You can lease the bottle from any of the welding gas suppliers. It's not that much, and it can be broken down into payments. When you own the bottle, they can actually refuse to fill it unless you have it certified again. We lease our bottles on 5 year contracts. It's like $100.00 for 5 years and you always get certified bottles every time you go in for a refill. Just something to think about.
                    I just went and talked to them, and they said for any joe blow off the street to fill a bottle it was "list price of $180 dollars!" I was like for the whole bottle, right? Nope. Just to fill it.

BUT he then said for someone with an account (whichis just giving them your name and stuff - no credit check then my local airgas will fill my 200cf bottle for 35 bucks. That is on an exchange basis. The current bottle I have is brand new and good for 5 years on the Hydro test. They also told me the hydro test fee for a bottle that has gone out of date while in my possession is only like 35 or 40 bucks.
                    SO I would say look at the cert date when you pick up the bottle and refuse it if it is coming up soon. Tell them your not a shop that uses a bottle a week, and you want one that doesnt need hydro for a couple years.

Comment

• toxiceric
                      • Apr 2024

Just curious...how big is your bottle? $35.00 is CHEAP. I just filled my tig and mig bottles and it was almost $100.00 each.

Comment

• ibuiltmine
                        • Jun 2010

Originally posted by toxiceric
                        Just curious...how big is your bottle? $35.00 is CHEAP. I just filled my tig and mig bottles and it was almost $100.00 each.
                        yeah you got fucked.
                        mine is called a 200 but it holds 275cf
                        the one bigger is called a 300 but it holds 325.
                        you payed 'list price' for the gas, and that sucks. I would be pissed and go back and tell them they are giving you some money back or store credit......

Comment

• rustrocket84
                          • Aug 2009

Airgas will take your bottle if it needs to be hydrostatically tested, and give you a new one if you use them enough. The charge is something like $15 dollars for a 125cu ft bottle. Well worth it to me, and they have always bent over backwards to help me out. I've found places cheaper to have the bottle filled, but I've checked the bottle after putting my regulator on and it's 500 plus pounds light. Maybe just a bad experience, but Airgas has done me right. I haven't found one by my new house, but I've found a couple local welding supply houses that have some super friendly and helpful employees.

Comment

• ibuiltmine
                            • Jun 2010

Originally posted by rustrocket84
                            Airgas will take your bottle if it needs to be hydrostatically tested, and give you a new one if you use them enough. The charge is something like $15 dollars for a 125cu ft bottle. Well worth it to me, and they have always bent over backwards to help me out. I've found places cheaper to have the bottle filled, but I've checked the bottle after putting my regulator on and it's 500 plus pounds light. Maybe just a bad experience, but Airgas has done me right. I haven't found one by my new house, but I've found a couple local welding supply houses that have some super friendly and helpful employees.
                            They have always treated me good too, even though all I have dine is exchange two or three bottles. Last time I was in there, they set me up on my own account. They had to do a background check, but that set me up for the 30 dollar exchange for my 200cf argon bottle instead of like 180 bucks.

I did buy a couple pairs of miller tig gloves the other day. They were 1$ cheaper there at full sticker price then anywhere I could find online, then the dude took a bunch off for me somehow, and ended up getting both pairs for 30 bucks total.

It's a good ol boy network, and if the guy likes you you will save money.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                            Working...
                            ;