Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bigdaddy
    • Nov 2009

rd 350 2 stroker

i picked up a complete rd 350 for free from a buddy who decided he didn't want it. i'd like to chop it, but i'm wondering if i shouldn't just take out the oil injection system and premix everything i put in it. any suggestions about doing this? i've seen it done before, but i'm not sure how much of a pain it is to switch it over. to be honest, i figured it would be easier to wire it up and cheaper to not fix one more thing on the bike when i have it hardtailed. call me lazy if you want to. anybody got any cool pics of an old rd350 chopped up? i think i saw slim had one in a mag i have laying around, but everything that dude makes is bad ass. anybody know of one that was made by some regular joe with no metal fabrication skills? post some pics!
  • earz
    • Aug 2009

It's a toss up on the injection. The injection is nice because you don't have to worry about carrying a pre-measured amount of oil at all times in case you run out of gas. Premix is nice because you know that the mixture will be dead on all the time and there's no risk of the oil injection failing.

Personally - if you'll be riding it on the street - I'd leave the injection on. If you're going to be racing it closed circuit (which it doesn't sound like) and can always have a can full of premix handy, I'd say get rid of the injection.

I'd love to have an old 2 stroke streeter - if you find that it's taking up too much space, let me know. I'll come take it off your hands. Good luck with it.

Comment

• earz
      • Aug 2009

Here's one I found while scouring...(apparently it was in the horse in '08 sometime)

Last edited by earz; 11-09-2009, 8:48 PM.

Comment

• ChoppyGee
        • Aug 2009

I can almost promise you'll have problems with the injector. there always is especially on old stuff and the scary thing is you usually don't notice until your engine is burned down. So if it were me, I'd take the inconvience of premix.

Comment

• Boylecomm
          • Jun 2009

that's the mighty Slim at SOW. He's a good sort and a CC member, hit him up.

Slimsfab is his call name

[/QUOTE]

Comment

• bigdaddy
            • Nov 2009

yes, i'm familiar with his work. slim, if you read this, you put some sweet stuff on the road. i admire your work greatly.

Comment

• motomotard
              • Aug 2009

id leave the injection stuff alone, premix is a pain in the ass.

and i dont know why in the hell youd want to chop a bike like that. slims is cool, but thats a whole other thing. clean that bitch up and make it a killer street tracker instead of tryin to make it a chop.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
              Working...
              ;