Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 2003sob
    • Jan 2011

South of Raleigh also

I'm in Carthage which is between Sanford and Pinehurst. I ride with a couple guys but would like to do more riding when I'm not watching my daughter....

Shaun

Comment

• Structural1
      • Aug 2010

I heard that

Shaun... same situation here... Seems the more I want to ride the more the little guys (my 4 and 2 year olds) wanna have some daddy time.....So I have to squeeze riding time in when I can.... I have a minibike I stretched 9 inches and made it a 2 up. The boys love riding it with daddy and wanna know when they can ride with daddy on the "big boy" bike..

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

• Juddson
        • Oct 2010

Hey Structural, thanks for the heads up. Sounds like a great way to start my NC experience.

Comment

• GlassBikerNC
          • Feb 2010

So...

Anyone going to the Jacksonville Bike Bash Saturday and want to meet for the ride?

Comment

• poonslammer
            • Apr 2011

im a greenville transplant from the fayettville area so i spend alot of time between the 2, school in gville and work on my scoot in fay. the bar hoppin thing sounds like it would be fun...if i was 21 but fuck it we can get together and party up at my place if anyone ever comes thru, if you have 2 wheels and a good attitude my place is more than open to anyone.

Comment

• jrjonez
              • Oct 2010

Originally posted by GlassBikerNC
              So...

Anyone going to the Jacksonville Bike Bash Saturday and want to meet for the ride?
              Thought about going since it is only 20 mins from the house. Went last year but left after about 2 hours.

Comment

• GlassBikerNC
                • Feb 2010

Originally posted by jrjonez
                Thought about going since it is only 20 mins from the house. Went last year but left after about 2 hours.
                Was it that bad?

Comment

• jrjonez
                  • Oct 2010

Originally posted by GlassBikerNC
                  Was it that bad?
                  It had its good parts. I had just gotten out of the Marine Corps so I did run in to a bunch of people I know. A decent amount of bikes there. A lot of crocth rockets and baggers. There where a few chops there. When the drag strip was open, wasnt bad. Looks like they have added some new things from last year though.

Comment

• pootergirl
                    • May 2011

Marine Corps Ball on Sat....so no riding on sat :-(

Comment

• EasyRider84
                      • Jul 2011

I'm in Charlotte.

Comment

• Juddson
                        • Oct 2010

So as I mentioned earlier on this thread, I am preparing for a move from Florida to NC in April with my girlfriend. I'll be going to school in Sanford, and she is going to try and pick up a nursing job somewhere around there. I have been looking at rental houses on the internet, and it's pretty much getting down to the wire here, time wise. We are going to take a little trip up there at the end of this month to try and find us a house. I have only been in the area once, so I was looking for a little input. I'll be schooling in Sanford, so I am looking at houses there, but it's kinda slim pickins and I'm not necessarily opposed to living somewhere else in the area, but when I'm browsing craigslist and whatnot, I don't really know what to look for around there. As in, towns where I might find affordable rental houses, and be close enough to Sanford that it's not a bitch to commute, and that aren't shitholes, basically. Any suggestions?

Comment

• jessewho68
                          • Oct 2011

i am in kernersville good starting point for the mountains up hwy 8 or 66 to va and the parkway if out this way pm me

Comment

• jrjonez
                            • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Juddson
                            So as I mentioned earlier on this thread, I am preparing for a move from Florida to NC in April with my girlfriend. I'll be going to school in Sanford, and she is going to try and pick up a nursing job somewhere around there. I have been looking at rental houses on the internet, and it's pretty much getting down to the wire here, time wise. We are going to take a little trip up there at the end of this month to try and find us a house. I have only been in the area once, so I was looking for a little input. I'll be schooling in Sanford, so I am looking at houses there, but it's kinda slim pickins and I'm not necessarily opposed to living somewhere else in the area, but when I'm browsing craigslist and whatnot, I don't really know what to look for around there. As in, towns where I might find affordable rental houses, and be close enough to Sanford that it's not a bitch to commute, and that aren't shitholes, basically. Any suggestions?
                            I ride through Sanford a lot on my way to Greensboro. I take 421 through. I can give you help with other towns. Lilington is about 25 mins to the southeast. One bad thing about that stretch of 421 is it is 2 lane country road. So traffic from time to time does get bad. Silier City is about 30 mins to the Northwest. That stretch of 421 is 4 lane and traffic usually isnt bad. Hope this helps.

Comment

• Juddson
                              • Oct 2010

Thanks Jonez

Comment

• poonslammer
                                • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Juddson
                                i went to college back in sanford about a year ago, and my parents still live there so I'm up there quite a bit on the weekends between school there are is a good amount of housing in that are due to ft.bragg being 30 -/+ miles away. id suggest not actually staying in sanford though, thats just my opinion though. there are a lot of good neighborhoods about 15 miles out of sanford twards fayettville though

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...
                                ;