CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
Page 2 of 5 First 1234 ... Last

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by GlassBikerNC View Post
    So...

Anyone going to the Jacksonville Bike Bash Saturday and want to meet for the ride?
    Thought about going since it is only 20 mins from the house. Went last year but left after about 2 hours.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by jrjonez View Post
    Thought about going since it is only 20 mins from the house. Went last year but left after about 2 hours.
    Was it that bad?

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by GlassBikerNC View Post
    Was it that bad?
    It had its good parts. I had just gotten out of the Marine Corps so I did run in to a bunch of people I know. A decent amount of bikes there. A lot of crocth rockets and baggers. There where a few chops there. When the drag strip was open, wasnt bad. Looks like they have added some new things from last year though.

Get Adobe Flash player

Marine Corps Ball on Sat....so no riding on sat :-(

I'm in Charlotte.

Get Adobe Flash player

So as I mentioned earlier on this thread, I am preparing for a move from Florida to NC in April with my girlfriend. I'll be going to school in Sanford, and she is going to try and pick up a nursing job somewhere around there. I have been looking at rental houses on the internet, and it's pretty much getting down to the wire here, time wise. We are going to take a little trip up there at the end of this month to try and find us a house. I have only been in the area once, so I was looking for a little input. I'll be schooling in Sanford, so I am looking at houses there, but it's kinda slim pickins and I'm not necessarily opposed to living somewhere else in the area, but when I'm browsing craigslist and whatnot, I don't really know what to look for around there. As in, towns where I might find affordable rental houses, and be close enough to Sanford that it's not a bitch to commute, and that aren't shitholes, basically. Any suggestions?

Get Adobe Flash player

i am in kernersville good starting point for the mountains up hwy 8 or 66 to va and the parkway if out this way pm me

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by Juddson View Post
    So as I mentioned earlier on this thread, I am preparing for a move from Florida to NC in April with my girlfriend. I'll be going to school in Sanford, and she is going to try and pick up a nursing job somewhere around there. I have been looking at rental houses on the internet, and it's pretty much getting down to the wire here, time wise. We are going to take a little trip up there at the end of this month to try and find us a house. I have only been in the area once, so I was looking for a little input. I'll be schooling in Sanford, so I am looking at houses there, but it's kinda slim pickins and I'm not necessarily opposed to living somewhere else in the area, but when I'm browsing craigslist and whatnot, I don't really know what to look for around there. As in, towns where I might find affordable rental houses, and be close enough to Sanford that it's not a bitch to commute, and that aren't shitholes, basically. Any suggestions?
    I ride through Sanford a lot on my way to Greensboro. I take 421 through. I can give you help with other towns. Lilington is about 25 mins to the southeast. One bad thing about that stretch of 421 is it is 2 lane country road. So traffic from time to time does get bad. Silier City is about 30 mins to the Northwest. That stretch of 421 is 4 lane and traffic usually isnt bad. Hope this helps.

Get Adobe Flash player

Thanks Jonez

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by Juddson View Post
    i went to college back in sanford about a year ago, and my parents still live there so I'm up there quite a bit on the weekends between school there are is a good amount of housing in that are due to ft.bragg being 30 -/+ miles away. id suggest not actually staying in sanford though, thats just my opinion though. there are a lot of good neighborhoods about 15 miles out of sanford twards fayettville though

Get Adobe Flash player

I was only in Sanford a couple days went I went up there to tour that school a little while back, so I didn't really get much of an impression. You suggesting living outside Sanford cause it's not a great place, or is it just that there are better options elsewhere? On a side note, and bringing the thread back closer to it's intended purpose, I just reserved my spot on the Revenge Run. Might be nice to run with folks from the area to the meet up, and back when it's over. Who else from Raleigh area is doin RR?

Get Adobe Flash player

I live in sanford. Don't know why in the world you would want to live in this scum hole.

To summarize
    The community college here is crap. I don't know why you would want to move from florida to go there.

As far as bikes- you might find a friend or two to ride with eventually, but there is no scene and certainly not a lot of chops or bikes period.

Most of the community is based on factories. As the economy has gone down unemployment is high here.

Crime- lots of shootings, but mainly black people shooting each other, lots of small theft
    Housing- single bedroom apartments start around $550 in town, price goes up from there. A lot of people live outside of town in between sanford and fayetteville. Mostly trailers and cheap prefab homes. In this area you can rent a 3br trailer or similar for around the same 550-600

There's a handful of bars that all suck. If you want to shop you have to go to raleigh/cary, fayetteville.

If I could afford to move I'd be gone

Raleigh/Cary is a lot better place to live. Lots of schools too. Like night and day compared to sanford though.
    There's a nice metal fest in raleigh twice a year at the lincoln theatre
    Any questions send me a message...
    Last edited by pelican; 02-18-2012 at 9:05 PM. Reason: add

Get Adobe Flash player

I'm going to have to agree with Pelican. The small amount of time I spent in Sanford didn't impress me. And although I do like the areas between Sanford and Fayetteville, the crime rate in the country was pretty high in certain areas. I've been staying in Johnston and Wayne counties and have had any problems with thieves since.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by trash View Post
    I'm going to have to agree with Pelican. The small amount of time I spent in Sanford didn't impress me. And although I do like the areas between Sanford and Fayetteville, the crime rate in the country was pretty high in certain areas. I've been staying in Johnston and Wayne counties and have had any problems with thieves since.
    Where are you in JoCo/Wayne? I'm in Kenly and work in Princeton.

Get Adobe Flash player

Ouch. Well, I was kinda avoiding the subject, but I'm goin up there 'cause of that motorcycle mechanic program they got at CCCC. I have seen a few threads on here and elsewhere regarding MMI and whatnot, and I just didn't want to deal with peoples varying opinions and/or criticism on that subject. I have read em plenty, and my mind was already made up anyway. Plus, honestly, I'm little self conscious about it. I have only been on a motorcycle for a few years and know even less about 'em so I figured it might come off funny, me jumpin in here and talkin bout trying to pursue some kind of career in motorcycles, to a bunch of dudes with much more experience. Didn't wan't folks to go back and look at dumbass questions I have asked on here and say why in the world does this asshole think he needs to go to motorcycle mechanic school. So anyway, I been bullshittin around Panama City here for several years and kinda goin to school on and off, here and there. Motorcycles came into my life and learning about/working on and around them started sounding appealing, but MMI and schools like that are really expensive. Read on the Harley website that besides MMI, they also have a partnership with four different colleges, and the closest one to me was in Sanford. I wasn't going anywhere fast here so I just pulled the trigger on the school. Just figured ya know, the program's only a year, I'll learn a lot, North Carolina seems nice enough and I'll be close to Raleigh which seemed like a somewhat happening place, or at least, one of maybe 3 city names I was familiar with in the state. At the very least, it'd be an experience and a change of pace and scenery. So, I'm all signed up for the school. Went and checked out the facility and talked to the instructors a couple months ago. Class starts in May, the 25th maybe I think. So, I'm comin' up there for sure, and from the sound of it I reckon I'll be looking for a place outside of Sanford. School is gonna be my #1 priority, so maybe living in an apparently shitty area won't be too big a deal. Thanks for the discouragement! I'm just kiddin, I asked for input and I got it. Keep it comin.

Get Adobe Flash player

Default Charlotte

I've been in Charlotte for a few weeks and staying perm. Haven't had time to do shit, but my bike is here. Anyone hook me up with some local knowledge?

Get Adobe Flash player

I lived in Johnston county for 8yrs till I moved away, was about a hour from Sanford. There are a lot of nursing jobs in Raleigh/Cary area for your girl. I'd split the difference between where she can get a job and the school. The scene around Raleigh seems to be growing and a lot of things happening since I left. The M/C program at CCCC is pretty good, has pluses that the others don't but doesn't have the name. I've know several that have gone thru the program and I went thru there for HDU training. Wayne and Stan are good guys, not sure if they are still there and who teaches the program now.

Get Adobe Flash player

Hey 83hdchopper, thanks for the info. I haven't spoke to anyone that went through the program, so it's nice to hear good things. I met Stan and he was real nice and seemed pretty professional. Took me AND my folks and girlfriend on a tour of the facilities and really made us feel welcome. From what the website says, I think Wayne is still there too, but I didn't meet him.

I'm in Charlotte, but not from here. I don't know too much about the area or working on a bike really, but I like riding. What do you want to know? Today was a good day to ride, got out for a while and it was mid 70's.

Get Adobe Flash player

" i wanna take week end rides,,i wanna camp,i hav big brown dreamy eyes,,,i dont know shit about my motorcyle, im gonna go to school in ghetto shithole ,,,,GAWD DAMN,,is this a ghey HOG thread or what the fuck!!!! im goin back out to the shop an shoot a hole thru a fukin gas tank!!!!

sorry had to do it

Share This