Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bobhopper
    • Jan 2010

Modder Sporty, Formely 21 inch wheels

Since I changed directions so much I thought I would start a new thread. Getting some inspiration from HideMo and Crazy Orange bikes. I'm really liking that Japanese style swingarm sportys. I got my tank back from Rene at MecuryMoto. It was a deep tunnel wassel syle tank, but that wasn't working out. So Rene hooked me up and I couldn't have asked for more. He frisco'd the tunnel and removed one of the petcock bungs. Got it mounted today and I think it turned out great. Also go a clutch lever setup from wompy and I found a place that can get these gremeca master cylinders, their real small and nice looking. I'm going to see about fitting a harley lever to match the clutch. Let me know what you think.
    Attached Files
  • MercuryMoto67
    • Mar 2011

Looks good! Something is a little off though... After looking at the pics a while, I got some ideas.

Needs vintage looking tires, no front fender, thinner solo seat and maybe some taller goofy bars. How tall are the shocks?
    Last edited by MercuryMoto67; 10-18-2011, 11:57 PM.

Comment

• bobhopper
      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by MercuryMoto67
      Looks good! Something is a little off though... After looking at the pics a while, I got some ideas.

Needs vintage looking tires, no front fender, thinner solo seat and maybe some taller goofy bars. How tall are the shocks?
      Front fender is coming off soon , And I like my banana seat. As far as the bars go , I was thinking maybe so of your narrow apes, Shocks are 11.75. I can't find any good looking shocks. I hate the was burlys look, and I don't want to go struts. Vintage tire will come when these ones go out. Thanks Rene.

Comment

• poonslammer
        • Apr 2011

i like the direction your going with this but i dont really like the tank, just because there is so muchof the backbone exposed. but thats just my opinion maybe it will work out better than i can see

Comment

• brooklynbomber
          • Sep 2011

Last edited by brooklynbomber; 02-11-2012, 7:31 PM.

Comment

• BillyT
            • Dec 2010

Tank doesn't flow. Rest of the bike is level, then this tank it just pointing up to the sky. Its a mix of too many styles that don't really work together, IMO.

You have a tracker type bike with a chopper type tank...

If it were 4" lower in the back, and rigid, you would be good to go.

Comment

• islanddave
              • Apr 2011

I love the look of this bike! If it were mine I would paint it black and ride it. You've done a great job. I am a big fan of wassel tanks and I really dig how much back bone is showing. once again great bike. I'd be proud to own it!
              BTW i can't tell if the tank is rubber mounted or not.if it isn't I would. Those mounts will crack and that tank will vibrate like crazy.

Dave
              Last edited by islanddave; 10-19-2011, 1:10 PM.

Comment

• bobhopper
                • Jan 2010

Originally posted by islanddave
                I love the look of this bike! If it were mine I would paint it black and ride it. You've done a great job. I am a big fan of wassel tanks and I really dig how much back bone is showing. once again great bike. I'd be proud to own it!
                BTW i can't tell if the tank is rubber mounted or not.if it isn't I would. Those mounts will crack and that tank will vibrate like crazy.

Dave
                yep, I have rubber grommets in the tank mounts. Thanks for the positive criticism .

Comment

• EatACactus
                  • Dec 2010

I'm going to go with a few of the other guys and say that the tank doesn't seem to flow with the rest of the bike (which looks great by the way). I've enjoyed seeing it turn into what it is now.

Comment

• mjasen10
                    • Aug 2009

i think it looks pretty tough man. i think a set of window bars would set it off.

Comment

• hawtpocket
                      • Jan 2011

I'm a big fan of the crazy orange style too so i can see where you're going with that tank, however I think you need some taller bars to pull it off better. once it's painted I think people will begin to see it's good where it is.

Comment

• bobhopper
                        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by hawtpocket
                        I'm a big fan of the crazy orange style too so i can see where you're going with that tank, however I think you need some taller bars to pull it off better. once it's painted I think people will begin to see it's good where it is.
                        Thanks, I just talked to mercurymoto, I'm going to get some narrow apes made, maybe 10 inchers, I agree about the flow. The price to pay for creative process.

Comment

• bigdaddy
                          • Nov 2009

man, i love that tank on there. it's nice to see something besides the 2.4 peanut. i get the orange style. the backbone is a must. throw some of their bikes up for people to see the direction you're going. they'll get it.

i agree with some taller bars. how about some tall t-bars? put a slight forward bend in them. i think they'd look great! i agree with the smaller shocks. i like the burley shocks. but then again, i like low bikes, and that doesn't necessarily fit the direction you're going, right? the seat will work.

i'm excited to see where this is going. i might have to see what rene can do for me with one of my tanks. that guy seems like a real stand up guy. and his works look pretty good, too.

Comment

• MercuryMoto67
                            • Mar 2011

Hey fellas, thanks for the kind words! I like the tank on there too! Not because I worked on it a little but because its different! I'm seeing too much of the same thing lately and this is a refreshing new look. Here's some pics of some Japanese style bikes and one bike that I made the tank for. Lots of backbone and tall!

Comment

• MercuryMoto67
                              • Mar 2011

Here's a sporty with a wassel type tank from the gentlemen over at Hidemo. It's not a frisco mount but almost anything is possible.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                              Working...
                              ;