Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bradhilburn
    • Sep 2011

93 sporty charging issues

Got a friend of mine who has a 93 sporty chop that is no longer charging the battery. He said he change the stator and the voltage regulator out for new ones still nothing and its got a fresh ground on it. Any suggestions on this?
  • tattoo2303
    • Aug 2009

is it a new battery? how many volts is he putting out while its running? there is always the chance of new bad parts but id be inclined to think its a poor connection or miswiring first

Comment

• misfitJason
      • Sep 2009

If he is using the same battery again it won't work. I had a problem beofre that I thought was my charging system and it just turned out to be a slight bit of water in the ignition switch that was causing a false "on" and ate my coil battery and regulator. Just saying try everything. Test the stor and regulator with an ampmeter

Comment

• tattoo2303
        • Aug 2009

Volt meter

Comment

• bradhilburn
          • Sep 2011

ok yeah so he has a new battery when he rides it for say and hour and a half its down to 11 volts got new voltage regulator and stator and when he checks voltage from that nada?

Comment

• tattoo2303
            • Aug 2009

just attach the meter to the battery terminals while its sitting there idling and than maybe step it up in revs at a constant pitch, so idle-test, hold it at a little gas- test, open it up like quarter turn and hold it-test and see what its putting out at each interval

14v is everything working fine
            less and its not charging- bad stator or connection some where
            more and the voltage regulator isnt working and has/will fry the battery
            Last edited by tattoo2303; 10-19-2011, 12:38 PM.

Comment

• bradhilburn
              • Sep 2011

thanks man ill ask him bout it

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
              Working...
              ;