CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
    rustfather

Default Jesse James returning to Discovery Channel for live 'American Chopper' battle

Jesse James returning to Discovery Channel for live 'American Chopper' battle -- EXCLUSIVE

Image Credit: Discovery

Most of the news lately on Jesse James has nothing to do with his skills as a very well known bike builder but more on his love life. Well this news doesnít involve anything with that Jesse James will be returning to the network that made him famous to compete head-to-head against the Teutuls on American Chopper.

Marking his first appearance on Discovery Chanel in five years, the former Monster Garage star will guest star on Chopper across two nights in December. Not only that, but American Chopper is going live for the first time ó pitting James, Paul Teutul, Senior and Paul Teutul Jr. in a bike-building battle at the Hard Rock Hotel in Las Vegas.

The face-off airs Dec. 5 and 6 at 9 p.m. both nights. The first night is the regularly scheduled American Chopper. Youíll see Senior, Junior and James building the bikes, and viewers will vote for their favorite. The second night is a live show from Las Vegas where the winning bike will be revealed.

For Chopper fans, this is the stuff of online message-board wish fulfillment. Jesse Jamesí documentary Motorcycle Mania helped launch the whole cable reality motorcycle craze back in 2000, whereas relative later-comer American Chopper helped bring the genre to a greater level in popularity. James then left Discovery and went on to other ventures, including his short-lived Spike TV series Jesse James is a Dead Man (and drawing international headlines for his divorce from Sandra Bullock).

Though James and the Teutuls respective motorcycle garage shows overlapped during Jamesí years at Discovery (Monster Garage ran from 2002-06; Chopper has aired since 2003), this event marks the first time the combustible personalities have gone head-to-head on one of the programs.

This should be interesting to see the types of bikes each build and the tension and competition between all of them.

So get ready to set your DVRís to watch this. Dec 5 and 6 th at 9pm on Discovery Channel!

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Ridiculous. I wonder what "theme" will be, heh. Jesse James vs Teutals? It'll be like pistol-whipping a blind kid.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by AlexDefcon View Post
    Ridiculous. I wonder what "theme" will be, heh. Jesse James vs Teutals? It'll be like pistol-whipping a blind kid.
    now that right there is some funny shit!

Get Adobe Flash player

thread #4 and a little late on the subject........

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by oldmansporty63 View Post
    maybe he needs some stickers soon!?

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by oldmansporty63 View Post
    Late or not, he can keep posting with an Avatar like that

Get Adobe Flash player

Default Let's see what this does

Yeah, the Teutels are coming by to pick this up. Also said they had a whopper of a deal on a Chinese Whizzer. Gonna make it a suck start.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 0_IMAG0591.jpg  

Get Adobe Flash player

Should be a nice "fashion vs. function" battle... also an interesting popularity contest.

Thanks for the heads up. Got it programmed in my phone already...

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by RetroRob View Post
    Late or not, he can keep posting with an Avatar like that
    +1

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by trnrover View Post
    Yeah, the Teutels are coming by to pick this up. Also said they had a whopper of a deal on a Chinese Whizzer. Gonna make it a suck start.

^^^^^^^ Now THAT'S some funny shit, right thar! ^^^^^^^^

Get Adobe Flash player

Default And the winner is...........

By a mudslide..........
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pink WCC.jpg  

Get Adobe Flash player

Hmmmm let's see, Jesse James the builder vs the Tuttles the fabricators. Jesse knows how to build real bikes. The Pauls know how to design stuff on a computer, run it through a CNC machine and watch their crews put it together while they stand around arguing and throwing things. I guess the winner will depend on what style you like.
    If you like bikes, it will be Jesse James.
    If you like art in the form of a motorcycle it will be the Tuttles.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by TXLucky View Post
    Hmmmm let's see, Jesse James the builder vs the Tuttles the fabricators. Jesse knows how to build real bikes. The Pauls know how to design stuff on a computer, run it through a CNC machine and watch their crews put it together while they stand around arguing and throwing things. I guess the winner will depend on what style you like.
    art in a form of a motorcycle? i need to get what your smoking

Get Adobe Flash player

If it's a motorcycle that is a "theme bike" that obviously can't be ridden further than from the garage to the trailer and then from the trailer to the bike show contest it is just a piece of art. I never said it was good art, but art is what their bikes are. They can't be ridden.

Get Adobe Flash player

so the myth about occ building bikes has been confirmed. i was talkin to one of my show teachers today about this subject(he builds bikes) and he said he saw the snap on bike in real life and there wasnt ever room to fit a credit card between the chain and the tire. as if that not dumb enough, apparently there are no internals in that motor because the ceo or some shit of snap on went to ride it around the parking lot and dumped it.
    i prefer my bikes like i like my women...ridable

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by TXLucky View Post
    The Tuttles aren't even fabricators. They are assemblers. If either Paul Sr. or Jr. wins, it's because people are idiots. Jesse has the all around skill and and ability to outbuild either one of the OCC clowns. Jesse eats sleeps and breaths hot rods and choppers. I want to see Jesse pop something out that isn't a wide tire chump bike. He knows the roots and history, so I want to see him oput out an old 60's/70's style chop for this competition.

Get Adobe Flash player

http://dsc.discovery.com/tv/american.../chopper-live/

jesse knows his shit way better then these ass clowns and if it was a contest of who made the best rideable bike he would probably take it hands down but due to his personal problems he has had over the past few years i think JR will probably end up with it.

Share This