Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CR73
    • Aug 2009

Header Paint?

I got a pair of painted pipes that have some small flecks of surface rust one them that should easily clean up with some scotch-brite. My plan was to wrap the pipes but I didn't want to just wrap over the pipes as they are now, but I also don't want to remove any of the paint and wrap over spots of bare metal because I'm sure that would just aggravate the rusty pipe issue. Does anyone have any experience with stuff like VHT header paint? I know that stuff is designed to hold heat in and I was wondering if header paint AND exhaust wrap might make things too hot in the pipes and cause any issues. Any thoughts? Thanks!
    Last edited by CR73; 10-10-2011, 3:32 PM.
  • KuntryBlumpkin
    • Apr 2011

Blasted and sprayed my pipes with 1500 degree VHT black back in March. Still solid. Only thing to look out for is not letting anything bake onto them. It will stain if so.

Comment

• LDNCLR
      • Nov 2009

I also have a few months on a pipe painted with the VHT stuff. I had my doubts, but its doing really well.

Comment

• bacalao
        • Jun 2011

I painted and wrapped mine. No problems so far in almost a year.

Comment

• CR73
          • Aug 2009

Cool, thanks for the reply. I was worried that having the insulating paint plus the header wrap might cause problems. Seeing that other people have done it without problems, I'm gonna go for it.

Comment

• misfitJason
            • Sep 2009

never tried vht but I have used john deer muffler paint and that shit works awesome but its like 20 bucks a can

Comment

• misfitJason
              • Sep 2009

scratch that. I have used vht and it works well but it comes out a little lighter shade of black than the john deer stuff

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
              Working...