Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HotSnotRocket
    • Apr 2024

Nice work.

What exhaust wrap did you use? It's the blackest I've seen and need some for my Evo.

Comment

• Sikwitit
      • Jun 2010

Originally posted by HotSnotRocket
      Nice work.

What exhaust wrap did you use? It's the blackest I've seen and need some for my Evo.
      Thanks bro. Well its actually the normal black (grey) wrap. But they sell the black exhaust wrap sealer spray and that turns it real black. Works great. Found the can. It's DEI black hi-temp silicone wrap spray.

Comment

• swayze
        • Feb 2012

Thanks again for all ur input man! I'll be sure to post photos of my progress. Oh and I will be gettin myself one of those piston brake lights!

Comment

• Sikwitit
          • Jun 2010

Originally posted by swayze
          Thanks again for all ur input man! I'll be sure to post photos of my progress. Oh and I will be gettin myself one of those piston brake lights!
          Sweet man, can't wait to see it. Also we would love to see a piston light on your bike. Thanks for the biz.

Comment

• alrik2
            • Feb 2012

Originally posted by Sikwitit
            I cut about a inch or so off the inner fork tubes and raised them past the trees to accept the clip ons. Turning takes a little getting use to but not bad. Mainly because of the fat ass tank with the clip ons makes your turning radius a little less.
            turns like an eighteen wheeler hu lol, doesnt matter man, its the sickest 18 wheeler ever! wow, i never thought about cutting the tubes, cutting the fork springs a inch or so crossed my mind thought, did u do that as well?

Comment

• Sikwitit
              • Jun 2010

Originally posted by alrik2
              turns like an eighteen wheeler hu lol, doesnt matter man, its the sickest 18 wheeler ever! wow, i never thought about cutting the tubes, cutting the fork springs a inch or so crossed my mind thought, did u do that as well?
              Lol. Thanks. Nah I didn't mess with the springs.

Comment

• swayze
                • Feb 2012

About to order my power piston setup for the bike. Did u just use the 15mm on the sizes offered or go with a custom application? Thanks again

Comment

• MetulMunky
                  • Nov 2011

i really like this bike man.
                  i got a question maybe you can answer for me, i am about to pick up a vstar 650 from a friend of mine with a blowd up motor, for dirt cheap, and plan on going a similar route to yours, what i am curious about is can i pick up a bigger motor (say an 1100) and stuff it in there without having to change anything else on the bike. (kinda like possible plug and play type deal)

Comment

• Sikwitit
                    • Jun 2010

Originally posted by swayze
                    About to order my power piston setup for the bike. Did u just use the 15mm on the sizes offered or go with a custom application? Thanks again
                    I did use the 15mm bracket but I just mounted it on the top bolt that bolts the drive shaft up instead of using the axle. It works great. Thanks

Comment

• Sikwitit
                      • Jun 2010

Originally posted by MetulMunky
                      i got a question maybe you can answer for me, i am about to pick up a vstar 650 from a friend of mine with a blowd up motor, for dirt cheap, and plan on going a similar route to yours, what i am curious about is can i pick up a bigger motor (say an 1100) and stuff it in there without having to change anything else on the bike. (kinda like possible plug and play type deal)
                      Sorry bro I really can't answer that one for ya. I have no clue if the mounts and everything is the same. But you could probably call your Yamaha dealer and ask them. They should know for sure.

Comment

• bigjae805
                        • Mar 2011

bad ass bike bro. and just want to give you props for answer all the questions everyone has. thats really stand up.

Comment

• Sikwitit
                          • Jun 2010

Originally posted by bigjae805
                          bad ass bike bro. and just want to give you props for answer all the questions everyone has. thats really stand up.
                          Thanks bud. I appreciate it.

Comment

• swayze
                            • Feb 2012

Again I would like to thank u for answering all the questions I had. The bike is finally lookin the way I had imagined, tho the work is never quite done. Posted a couple photos in my profile. Now if it would stop raining I may get to ride.

Comment

• Sikwitit
                              • Jun 2010

No problem bud. Your bike looks great. Hope you don't mind I snag a pic for my customer section. Thanks for the business. Should be posting up a new v star in about a month. This one is gonna be sick.

Comment

• drenfro22
                                • Jan 2011

Originally posted by MetulMunky
                                I'm pretty sure that you cannot swap out the motors between the two bikes man.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...
                                ;