Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bobhopper
    • Jan 2010

looks great, I got the same ign mod. How did you set it up?I'm a little oblivious to ign timing

Comment

• brooklynbomber
      • Sep 2011

Originally posted by bobhopper
      looks great, I got the same ign mod. How did you set it up?I'm a little oblivious to ign timing
      It's pretty simple actually. Purple wire goes to VOES (optional, but recommended), Green goes to Tach if your running one, white goes to positive terminal, pink goes to rear and blue goes to front (I think I have that right, check your instructions to be sure.)

Once the initial hook up is done, it gets even easier Just jack up the rear wheel, access your timing cover and put the bike into high gear and rotate the rear wheel until you see that the front cylinder is at TDC. Check your manual for that to make sure you get that right. I took out the spark plugs to make it easier to turn the rear wheel.

Once you set that, rotate the plate all the way counter clockwise, the sensor light should come on. turn the plate clockwise until the light turns off and lock the plate down. BOOM. your engine is timed.

Comment

• bobhopper
        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by brooklynbomber
        it's pretty simple actually. Purple wire goes to voes (optional, but recommended), green goes to tach if your running one, white goes to positive terminal, pink goes to rear and blue goes to front (i think i have that right, check your instructions to be sure.)

once the initial hook up is done, it gets even easier just jack up the rear wheel, access your timing cover and put the bike into high gear and rotate the rear wheel until you see that the front cylinder is at tdc. Check your manual for that to make sure you get that right. I took out the spark plugs to make it easier to turn the rear wheel.

Once you set that, rotate the plate all the way counter clockwise, the sensor light should come on. Turn the plate clockwise until the light turns off and lock the plate down. Boom. Your engine is timed.
        thank you!!!!!

Comment

• Saltytonk
          • Mar 2011

the Dyna is worth it , huh? I'm loveing mine.

Comment

• brooklynbomber
            • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Saltytonk
            the Dyna is worth it , huh? I'm loveing mine.
            Yup, totally worth it! Such an easy set up and I know now that I have so many worry free miles ahead of me. That thing packs a punch too.

Comment

• mattxxx
              • Apr 2024

might want to look into the ultima ignition for those who are thinking about a new ignition. its just a rebranded dyna and its about 100 cheaper.

Comment

• brooklynbomber
                • Sep 2011

Tried something with the tank yesterday and not super happy with the results but I figured I would show the process as that part was fun.

Raw tank has been getting rusty

I wanted to lay some black paint over the raw metal and I took some inspiration of some rad flaked tank designs so I laid out a basic concept after drawing a sketch.

The black tape was used as a guide for my final tape layout.

Started laying out some skinny lines on the left side panel

Here is the final layout.

Threw some red primer on first then started with the black.

This is where I went wrong I think. I may have put too many coats on, surprisingly. I wanted to make sure I had good coverage but the edges were pretty thick and when I was peeling the tape, some areas peeled up. I pulled the tape pretty quickly because I knew that could happen if I waited too long but it happened anyway.

Here's the final result, just ok in my opinion. I may try it again and now do as many layers and simplify it a little bit next time.

Makes me really want to use real paint and a proper spray gun, rattle can is easy but spotty results. Also, this looks a little too tribally for me too, I like the big panel of black with the contrast of the raw metal, so I may draw another design and have another go at it next weekend.

Comment

• Saltytonk
                  • Mar 2011

Cool design! Man I always have some tape issues when I paint. Always........

You can pick up one of those hvlp guns from harbor frieght for less than $20 and they do ok.

Comment

• brooklynbomber
                    • Sep 2011

I'll pick something up soon, I just need to get a proper booth set up. I'll probably try it again with fewer coats of paint and peel it right away.

I get frustrated with shit that comes out half ass like this, so it'll eventually bug me to the point where I'll strip it off.

Comment

• Saltytonk
                      • Mar 2011

I've been thinking of doing a tank similar ......except do it with sharpie and then clear over it.

Comment

• brooklynbomber
                        • Sep 2011

That sounds cool! I am going to let it rust to have paint/rust/raw metal kinda look. It might make it look a little rattier/better.

Comment

• bikerboy
                          • May 2012

read the whole thread. bike is looking great. what bars are they?

Comment

• brooklynbomber
                            • Sep 2011

Originally posted by bikerboy
                            read the whole thread. bike is looking great. what bars are they?
                            BB - Thanks man, appreciate that. Bars are from a CC member, Bootleg. He fabs them and powdercoats them. Really cool bars so far.

Comment

• BillyT
                              • Dec 2010

Hit it with some wet 800 or 1000 and make it look distressed... then you won't sweat the imperfections as much.

Practice on a test panel first...

Comment

• tobiism
                                • Aug 2009

Cool idea, looks great!

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...
                                ;