Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tattoo2303
    • Aug 2009

how do you intend to support the rear pipe?? i too really like the look of the low front/high rear

Comment

• jboe
      • Dec 2011

love it

Dude, I love what you are doing with the bike.

Comment

• MiniDanzig
        • Oct 2010

looking good man. hopefully ill see this thing ripping around the neighborhood soon.

Comment

• brooklynbomber
          • Sep 2011

Thanks dudes! Mini Danzig- come by the garage sometime. Union and Ainslie near Indian Larry, 80 ainslie.

Comment

• brooklynbomber
            • Sep 2011

Got my new tank...

No more cardboard tank.

Picked up these rounded end caps for the cut off frame ends

Comment

• aghostinside
              • Jun 2011

Looks good. I like the tank. Sometimes I wish mine had a single filler cap.

Comment

• brooklynbomber
                • Sep 2011

yeah, they got a new stock in of these single filler caps. At some point I am going to have Rene at MM do some additional modifications to it but this is all good for now.

Comment

• Saltytonk
                  • Mar 2011

Yeah I like the tank. I'm thinking of going with one of those on my 883 next year when I redo it. Of course thats a year away.hahaha. But I'm closeing in on haveing Goldilocks done. so gotta start makeing plans for the next build.

Comment

• brooklynbomber
                    • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Saltytonk
                    Yeah I like the tank. I'm thinking of going with one of those on my 883 next year when I redo it. Of course thats a year away.hahaha. But I'm closeing in on haveing Goldilocks done. so gotta start makeing plans for the next build.

Thanks man! I am purposely going to leave things to do for next year so I'm not itchy to get another bike. Lady wont like that, neither will my pocket book. It will be to my liking this year, but there will be tons of things I can do to it next winter as well.

Comment

• Saltytonk
                      • Mar 2011

Yeah I hear ya. I'm really blessed this time around (wasnt the case with the first one) with my wife. As long as I'm not doing drugs or other women , I'm golden. just the pocketbook thing to contend with.

Comment

• brooklynbomber
                        • Sep 2011

Ok, back at it.

The other night I got my mounting bungs in the mail from Lowbrow so I decided to tackle getting those on and getting the tank situated.

After a few tried further back, further forward, I landed on this spot.

Got the bungs welded in. Not the prettiest as I honestly cant say I'm a welder, luckily, I have a welder in the garage that is letting me attempt to not fuck shit up. These will sit under the tank tabs anyways, I will clean them up a tad with the flap wheel soon.

Also got the frame caps tacked on. I am going to have my friend weld these since they are so visble.

On Saturday, my task was to take apart the front end from the bike, clean up the lowers, uppers, triple trees, replace the seals, and get the lower forks primed.
                        Here's the difference cleaning between the grungy one on the right, and the red scotch bright sanded version on the left.

Did the same treatment to the top tree, looks fucking killer, was going to paint but I'm going to leave it as is.

Sweeeet paint booth. Got the lowers primed last night.

First coat of black today, let it dry overnight and lay another coat down early tomorrow so it can be dry for re-assembly in the evening (hopefully).

Got a little care package from a fellow 33er, picked these up from a brand new set of upswept pipes, he didnt want the turns outs, I needed them, WIN WIN!

Here's the goal with them.
                        Top one

Bottom one

That's all until tomorrow, got the day off (thanks Presidents!). A buddy also does too so we are going to tackle a few more projects.
                        Last edited by brooklynbomber; 02-19-2012, 4:36 PM.

Comment

• roush360r
                          • Sep 2011

before you weld those frame plugs in fully you should put your turn signals in there. itd look real clean. bike looks awsome though.

Comment

• brooklynbomber
                            • Sep 2011

2 steps forward, 3 steps back....

You remember how I said "(hopefully)" on the end of my forks painting? So I come back early Monday morning to get the final layer of paint on the lower forks...Turns out I have a 1/2 hour initial flash window or I have to wait a WEEK to paint another coat. I didnt read this until after I had finished the second coat.

It wrinkled almost immediately. I was using Appliace Epoxy to give it a nice hard shell, durable enough for (spray bomb durable) front forks. It destroyed itself after the second layer, take note to anyone who wants to use this paint.

I am sharing the lift my bike is on and I wanted to get these fucking forks done and I figured I might as well just do it once and get them powdercoated when I have the money next year to do frame, wheels, forks and all other parts I want. I will however paint the frame in spots where I have ground it down and other raw steel parts i have. Will be using a different paint though.

I stripped the paint on the forks and then hit them with red scotchbrite, never dull and then a buff wheel.

Not bad! Not what I wanted initially, but this'll look great!

That was set back number 1, set back number 2 is that the day I have off to work on this, the motorcycle shop I need to mount my tire is closed on Mondays. So I have to wait to get that done so I can finish my rear fender mounts and make sure I have enough clearance for the new tire.

Set back number 3 - I have an ugly chromed engine that is flaking off in a lot of spots, poor condition all together. The top of the rockers flaked off almost entirely so I thought I may be able to get the chrome off the rest pretty easily. WRONG. Where its not flaking off, it's fucking tough. I tried scotch bright, sanding, paint stripper, no luck. I really dont want to take these covers and side cases off this year, next year is going to me more work. So now, I have a half chromed, sanded flaking chrome covered engine. FUCK.

I just read that battery terminal cleaner may take it off. Someone cleaned their Matco wrench with it when they got battery acid on it and it ate it right off. We'll see.

Took a deep breath, and kept working. Finished the front forks, new seals, oil, thoroughly cleaned, the whole bit. I should have an awesome front end now. I even put fork gaiters on too. I am fucking pumped on this front end right now!

The never dull makes it nice and smooth, but also makes it a little more gray. The red scotch bright pads make it look brushed, so I may hit it again so it matches the top triple tree.

Anyways....work continues. New tire on Saturday, hopefully more progress with the exhaust on Thursday. Thanks for watching.

Comment

• aghostinside
                              • Jun 2011

I had a couple set backs myself. Looks good though. Where did you get your fork boots from?

Comment

• brooklynbomber
                                • Sep 2011

I figured I'd run into some at some point. Fork boots are from JP Cycles. $31.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...
                                ;